dallas
✟9,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

The child can only be Jesus Christ! Therefore who was his mother, it can only be Mary the mother of our Savior!

Upvote 0

Markwsmith2020

Oct 8, 2017
dallas
✟9,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Israel no for it say not only is she the mother of Jesus Christ, but she is our mother too, as Jesus said on the cross, behold thy mother,
Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ, read Matt 23 about Israel!

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Who is the woman clothed with the sun?
It's Israel, the twelve stars are the twelve tribes of Israel. They repent after the abomination that causes desolation and flee to the wilderness, probably in the foothills of Judea. This is really a lot easier when you mind the context.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Israel
Isaiah 54:1New King James Version (NKJV)
A Perpetual Covenant of Peace
54 “Sing, O barren,
You who have not borne!
Break forth into singing, and cry aloud,
You who have not labored with child!
For more are the children of the desolate
Than the children of the married woman,” says the Lord.

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisBody

Oct 12, 2017
California
✟10,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The woman represents Israel. Period. End of discussion.
It's Israel, the twelve stars are the twelve tribes of Israel. They repent after the abomination that causes desolation and flee to the wilderness, probably in the foothills of Judea. This is really a lot easier when you mind the context.
The context?
Hmmmm . . . that is the pot calling the kettle black.

Chapter and verse were not added to Scripture until the Middle Ages. Every Book of the bible was written as one long, continuous letter.
That being said - Rev. 12:1 is merely a continuation of Rev. 11:19, which states:
Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm.

Rev. 12:1 states:
A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.

This is what is known as a polyvalent symbol, in which multiple meanings are gleaned from a single symbol.
The 12 stars represented Israel - but in the Church, they represent the 12 Apostles.
The woman fled to the desert for a time - and so did Mary (to Egypt).
The Woman gives birth to Jesus - and so did Mary, quite literally.

The Woman is the only person in Revelation shown as having a physical body - from heat to toe.
This is an indication of the bodily Assumption of Mary.

The Ark of the Covenant carried symbols of God's power in it.
Mary is the Ark of the NEW Covenant who actually carried GOD within her womb.

The comparison of Scriptural type and fulfillment is unmistakable:

OT - The Word was written by God on Tablets of Stone (Ex. 25:10) placed inside the Ark (Deut. 10:1)

NT - The Word of God became Flesh (John 1) conceived inside Mary (Luke 2:38) Mary carried the Word of God.

OT - "Who am I that the Ark of my Lord should come to me?" (2 Sam. 6:9)
NT - "Who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:43)

OT - The When the Ark carrying the Word of God returned “David was leaping and dancing before the Lord” (2 Sam. 6:14)
NT - When Mary came into Elizabeth's presence carrying the word of God, the baby “leaped for joy” in Elizabeth's womb (Luke 2:38)

OT - The Ark carrying the Word of God is brought to the house of Obed-Edom for 3 months, where it was a blessing. (2 Sam. 6:11)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) carrying the Word of God goes to Elizabeth's house for 3 months, where she is a blessing (Luke 1:56)

OT - The Ark is captured (1 Sam 4:11) and brought to a foreign land and later returns (1 Sam 6:13)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) is exiled to a foreign land (Egypt) and later returns (Matt. 2:14)

OT - The On the Day of the Dedication of the Temple which Solomon built, there were 120 priests present (2 Chron. 5:11). The Ark of the covenant was carried into the Temple (2 Chron. 5:7) and fire came down from Heaven to consume the burnt offering (2 Chron. 7:7).
NT - The On the Day of Pentecost, there were 120 disciples of Jesus present in the Upper Room (Acts 1:15). Mar, the Mother of Jesus and the Ark of the NEW Covenant was also present while the Holy Spirit came down as tongues of fire (Acts 2:3).

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Highly symbolic figures in the Bible point to complex multifaceted answers.<snip>
I would agree but we need to take it a step farther starting with Isreal, then Mary and then ultimately the persecuted church awaiting the Lord’s second coming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟368,695.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The context?
Hmmmm . . . that is the pot calling the kettle black.

Chapter and verse were not added to Scripture until the Middle Ages. Every Book of the bible was written as one long, continuous letter.
That being said - Rev. 12:1 is merely a continuation of Rev. 11:19, which states:
Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm.

Rev. 12:1 states:
A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.

This is what is known as a polyvalent symbol, in which multiple meanings are gleaned from a single symbol.
The 12 stars represented Israel - but in the Church, they represent the 12 Apostles.
The woman fled to the desert for a time - and so did Mary (to Egypt).
The Woman gives birth to Jesus - and so did Mary, quite literally.

The Woman is the only person in Revelation shown as having a physical body - from heat to toe.
This is an indication of the bodily Assumption of Mary.

The Ark of the Covenant carried symbols of God's power in it.
Mary is the Ark of the NEW Covenant who actually carried GOD within her womb.

The comparison of Scriptural type and fulfillment is unmistakable:

OT - The Word was written by God on Tablets of Stone (Ex. 25:10) placed inside the Ark (Deut. 10:1)

NT - The Word of God became Flesh (John 1) conceived inside Mary (Luke 2:38) Mary carried the Word of God.

OT - "Who am I that the Ark of my Lord should come to me?" (2 Sam. 6:9)
NT - "Who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:43)

OT - The When the Ark carrying the Word of God returned “David was leaping and dancing before the Lord” (2 Sam. 6:14)
NT - When Mary came into Elizabeth's presence carrying the word of God, the baby “leaped for joy” in Elizabeth's womb (Luke 2:38)

OT - The Ark carrying the Word of God is brought to the house of Obed-Edom for 3 months, where it was a blessing. (2 Sam. 6:11)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) carrying the Word of God goes to Elizabeth's house for 3 months, where she is a blessing (Luke 1:56)

OT - The Ark is captured (1 Sam 4:11) and brought to a foreign land and later returns (1 Sam 6:13)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) is exiled to a foreign land (Egypt) and later returns (Matt. 2:14)

OT - The On the Day of the Dedication of the Temple which Solomon built, there were 120 priests present (2 Chron. 5:11). The Ark of the covenant was carried into the Temple (2 Chron. 5:7) and fire came down from Heaven to consume the burnt offering (2 Chron. 7:7).
NT - The On the Day of Pentecost, there were 120 disciples of Jesus present in the Upper Room (Acts 1:15). Mar, the Mother of Jesus and the Ark of the NEW Covenant was also present while the Holy Spirit came down as tongues of fire (Acts 2:3).

I love the illogic of this theology. It is so extremely creative. One can easily launch into similar flights of fancy, for example -

Jesus Christ was (and is) blind. How do we know? Jesus Christ is God, God is love, love is blind, therefore Jesus Christ is blind.

Or, Ray Charles is God. Ray Charles was blind, love is blind, God is love, therefore Ray Charles is God.

Or, John the Baptist had multiple heads. How do we know. We have the physical remains of multiple skulls, all of which have been declared, without controversy, by the Roman Catholic Church, to be authentic, genuine skulls of John the Baptism.

Upvote 0

HisBody

Oct 12, 2017
California
✟10,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I love the illogic of this theology. It is so extremely creative. One can easily launch into similar flights of fancy, for example -

Jesus Christ was (and is) blind. How do we know? Jesus Christ is God, God is love, love is blind, therefore Jesus Christ is blind.

Or, Ray Charles is God. Ray Charles was blind, love is blind, God is love, therefore Ray Charles is God.

Or, John the Baptist had multiple heads. How do we know. We have the physical remains of multiple skulls, all of which have been declared, without controversy, by the Roman Catholic Church, to be authentic, genuine skulls of John the Baptism.
Yes you SAY you love the "illogic" of what I wrote - yet you simply descended into a tirade of bad jokes and lies about claims the Catholic Church supposedly made. NOWHERE, however, do you even attempt to show us this "illogic".

Typically impotent, anti-Catholic non-response . . .

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟368,695.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes you SAY you love the "illogic" of what I wrote - yet you simply descended into a tirade of bad jokes and lies about claims the Catholic Church supposedly made. NOWHERE, however, do you even attempt to show us this "illogic".

Typically impotent, anti-Catholic non-response . . .

Okay, exactly where does it state that a wooden box is a human female's womb?

Upvote 0

HisBody

Oct 12, 2017
California
✟10,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Okay, exactly where does it state that a wooden box is a human female's womb?
It doesn't.
A TYPE by definition is a precursor or comparison something or someone else.

Is Jesus a door (John 10:9-16)?
Is Jesus a vine (John 15:5)?
Is Israel a Woman (Rev. 12:1)??

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟368,695.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It doesn't.
A TYPE by definition is a precursor or comparison something or someone else.

Is Jesus a door (John 10:9-16)?
Is Jesus a vine (John 15:5)?
Is Israel a Woman (Rev. 12:1)??

Thank you. The wine in the cup at the Last Supper - real or comparison?

The bread used at the Last Supper - real or comparison?

Upvote 0