Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There is nothing in Genesis 3 about Mary.

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!

You will crawl on your belly
and
you will eat dust
all the days of your life.

15 And I will put enmity
between
you and the woman,
and between
your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and
you will strike his heel.”

What you have highlighted in green refutes your first sentence. the "he" is obviously Jesus, unless you think it's Abel or Cain.

I hope you are not making an argument that Eve is the woman and Jesus is her Seed. kinda shows how stubborn and adamant protestants are with Jesus' mother.

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟574,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

What you have highlighted in green refutes your first sentence. the "he" is obviously Jesus, unless you think it's Abel or Cain.

I hope you are not making an argument that Eve is the woman and Jesus is her Seed. kinda shows how stubborn and adamant protestants are with Jesus' mother.
I often wonder if God the Father looked out in that moment, seeing time stretch before him like an already written story and knew exactly when His Son would become man and who would be His mother.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 3:15 is initially referencing Eve, ultimately culminating in the Blessed Virgin by her only offspring Jesus the Christ.

Beautiful video. Thank you for posting it Tigger45.

• Friendly
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Eve and her offspring. This was a punishment for actions by Adam and Eve. Both punishments were worded as involving them and then their offspring.

Agreed.

Eve was in league with Satan

Well, no. She gave in to Satan's temptation, which is not the same thing.

It was obviously Mary.

That's the Catholic view. There's a million reasons why I disagree with that, but it would be a waste of time listing them.

Upvote 0

Beloved2018

Theotokos, Pregnant With Christ, Save Us!
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Agreed.

Well, no. She gave in to Satan's temptation, which is not the same thing.

That's the Catholic view. There's a million reasons why I disagree with that, but it would be a waste of time listing them.
Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't the woman in Genesis 3:15 be both Mary and God's people?

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a Prostitute/Virgin undercurrent that runs through the OT From Eve to The Virgin Mary. Mary also lived this undercurrent being with child that wasn't Joseph's. The undercurrent originates with Eve's idolatry replacing God with a creature which made her prophet in place of Adam. This is the origin of the prostitute that rides the beast.
Gen. 3-17
“Because you have listened to the voice of your wife,

So, Eve lives the entire journey. Virgin/prostitute/mother.

Steeped in her sin when Cain is born she say's;
Gen. 4-4
“I have produced a man with the help of the Lord.”

At this time she see's herself as the maker of man and God is her helper. No mention of Adam.

Her wicked maternity produced the first murderer. The blood of Abel is on her hands. After repenting of her sin she gave birth to Seth. Contrast her statement when Cain is born with what she say's when Seth is born. Her relationship with God , Adam and her offspring have become righted.
Gen. 4-25
“God has appointed for me another child instead of Abel, because Cain killed him.”
Gen. 5-3
When Adam had lived one hundred thirty years, he became the father of a son in his likeness, according to his image, and named him Seth.

Virgin/prostitute/righteous mother, is the journey of Eve's life and it's the whole journey of the OT Woman. She is, prostitute to righteous mother. We know that no one but Jesus crushed the head of Satan so the Woman mentioned in Gen 3:15 is primarily the Virgin Mary, Eve secondarily. With Mary we are returned to the beginning of the Journey, crossing the threshold of shame,and with her as the New Woman, she, like her Divine Son is the beginning and the end Virgin/prostitute/Mother. Jesus of all that is, and she, with Him, the beginning and end of human history.

Gal:4

The Allegory of Hagar and Sarah
21 Tell me, you who desire to be subject to the law, will you not listen to the law? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by a slave woman and the other by a free woman. 23 One, the child of the slave, was born according to the flesh; the other, the child of the free woman, was born through the promise. 24 Now this is an allegory: these women are two covenants. One woman, in fact, is Hagar, from Mount Sinai, bearing children for slavery. 25 Now Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the other woman corresponds to the Jerusalem above; she is free, and she is our mother. 27 For it is written,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Beloved2018

Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There is a Prostitute/Virgin undercurrent that runs through the OT From Eve to The Virgin Mary. Mary also lived this undercurrent being with child that wasn't Joseph's. The undercurrent originates with Eve's idolatry replacing God with a creature which made her prophet in place of Adam. This is the origin of the prostitute that rides the beast.
Gen. 3-17
“Because you have listened to the voice of your wife,"
This is part of God's indictment of Adam, not Eve, indicating that Adam is the one at fault here.

So, Eve lives the entire journey. Virgin/prostitute/mother.

Steeped in her sin when Cain is born she say's;
Gen. 4-4
“I have produced a man with the help of the Lord.”

At this time she see's herself as the maker of man and God is her helper. No mention of Adam.
All she says is I have produced a man (which she has), with the help of the Lord (which is true). There is no fault in her statement. You're assuming she meant to exclude Adam and there is nothing within the context of this verse (that I can see) which would indicate that.

Her wicked maternity produced the first murderer. The blood of Abel is on her hands.
Cain murdered Abel out of his own free will, not because he was fated to (having been born of a sinful mother).
The Scriptures say, ' Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? "If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it." (Gen 4:6-7)
Cain could turn back. He did not have to murder his brother.
After repenting of her sin she gave birth to Seth. Contrast her statement when Cain is born with what she say's when Seth is born. Her relationship with God , Adam and her offspring have become righted.
Gen. 4-25
“God has appointed for me another child instead of Abel, because Cain killed him.”
The passage simply and truthfully says, "...because Cain killed him" not, "...because Cain and I...." or "...because I have repented of some sin..."
Gen. 5-3
When Adam had lived one hundred thirty years, he became the father of a son in his likeness, according to his image, and named him Seth.
I'm not sure how this demonstrates your point?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is part of God's indictment of Adam, not Eve, indicating that Adam is the one at fault here.
not assigning blame

All she says is I have produced a man (which she has), with the help of the Lord (which is true). There is no fault in her statement.
what she says reveeals her Outlook.

Cain murdered Abel out of his own free will, not because he was fated to (having been born of a sinful mother).
On her hands is allthe blood ever shed on earth. Abels blood was all the blood ever shed at that time .
The passage simply and truthfully says, "...because Cain killed him" not, "...because Cain and I...." or "...because I have repented of some sin..."
You missed my point.
I'm not sure how this demonstrates your point?
It describes a husband properly placed in his God given role.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beloved2018

Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm confused.

At first, you say,

I'm not assigning blame

but then you say,

On her hands is all the blood ever shed on earth. Abel's blood was all the blood ever shed at that time .

what she says reveals her Outlook.
For me, to arrive at that conclusion, I would have to have other assumptions than what the passage (and John's apocalypse) actually says .

You missed my point.
:(
It describes a husband properly placed in his God given role.
Okay.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm confused.

At first, you say,
I'm not assigning blame

but then you say,
On her hands is all the blood ever shed on earth. Abel's blood was all the blood ever shed at that time .

For me, to arrive at that conclusion, I would have to have other assumptions than what the passage (and John's apocalypse) actually says .

:(
Okay.
Beloved, I'm describing the unique and exclusive range of Eve's spiritual journey. She is the archetype Woman. Her life experience is lived out by her children throughout history. I'm not concerned about who's to blame.

You will have to show me what I have assumed that isn't written in the passages. John's Revelation describes a woman who has all the blood ever shed on earth on her hands. That is possible for only one woman. When Cain killed Abel the blood shed was all that had ever been shed on earth. Yet St. John describes that blood on a woman's hands.

It's very relevant to today. Today in history women ignore the role of men in reproduction just as Eve ignored Adam. The child in the womb is hers to do with what she pleases because it is "her body". " I have produced".

Upvote 0