✟9,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really?
Eve was in league with Satan, here God says I will put enmity, (total war ) between thee (Satan ) and the woman (only Jesus crushes Satan's head, his mother is Mary, it has to be Mary ) gen 3:15 is written large in Rev. 12 here we see the woman, Mary only she is the mother of the child (Christ) who rules the nations, and you see the enmity, hatred Satan has for Mary and us her children, t

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who is the woman in Gen 3:15
Genesis 3:15 -
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

So, a head wound is normally fatal, but a wound on the heel is normally not.

So, the woman's seed, would kill the snake, the serpent.

Later in the verse, it is told to the snake that he would eat dust all the days of his life, and man is the dust. We are taken from the dust, and to the dust we shall return. So literally, the seed of the woman, is what will redeem us, because her seed, is what will be used to help kill the snake.

Which is true, her offspring, led to Mary, and God used Mary to plant His seed in when creating the physical manifestation of the Messiah. So He's literally telling gadre'el (the one who tempted Eve) that through her lineage the Messiah would come. The woman is Eve, and her offspring, ended up being Jesus. Jesus crushed HaShatan (Hebrew for "the satan" which satan means "adversary or enemy" in Hebrew, so HaShatan, or satan, literally means "the enemy or the adversary).

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
How can it be Eve, God said I will put enmity between satan and the woman, Eve was in league with Satan, enmity none of his works would be found in the woman
"In league with" is a bit too strong. I think the implication of the story is that she was misled by the serpent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How can it be Eve, God said I will put enmity between satan and the woman, Eve was in league with Satan, enmity none of his works would be found in the woman
It doesn't say that none of his works will be found in the woman, we're human, and none of us is perfect, so I don't quite think that's the implication.

I definitely don't think she was in league with satan either, she was just deceived. Is a muslim in league with satan? I don't think so, they're just deceived. They aren't like rubbing their hands together while laughing maniacally, plotting away with satan, they're just deceived.

The main focus involving the relationship between the woman and satan, was that her seed would kill satan, so the enmity between satan and the woman, would be that he would try to ruin her, and all goodness found in her. It's why satan got Cain to kill Abel. Abel offered a meat offering to God, in the exact manner as described in His holy law, something gone over in more detail in writing after Moses wrote the Torah, but since His law has always and will always exist, and since Abel kept it, thus gaining the favor of God, it angered Cain, and the serpent used it to entice Cain into killing Abel. Satan understood that her seed would kill him, but as Jesus points out, a kingdom divided can't stand, so if satan can tempt and control someone, they aren't of God, and therefore are his, and won't be part of the seed used to kill him. It's why all of the god's the nations worshipped would kill the children, because all are the seed of the woman, so if satan could defile, ruin and kill her seed, it'd be harder or impossible for the Messiah to be born. It's why satan used Herod to try and kill all young males, and it's why satan used the Pharaoh to kill all males as well. All throughout the bible, and history, before the Messiah came, satan has used all sorts of tricks and people to kill children to prevent the Messiah, but after, as the bible says, now his target has expanded, to all of us.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing in Genesis 3 about Mary.

Genesis 3:8-20

Adam
Eve
Their Offspring
Serpent

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”

The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Beloved2018

Theotokos, Pregnant With Christ, Save Us!
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Really?
Eve was in league with Satan, here God says I will put enmity, (total war ) between thee (Satan ) and the woman (only Jesus crushes Satan's head, his mother is Mary, it has to be Mary ) gen 3:15 is written large in Rev. 12 here we see the woman, Mary only she is the mother of the child (Christ) who rules the nations, and you see the enmity, hatred Satan has for Mary and us her children, t

Eve was not in league with Satan. She sinned..yes....but to say she was 'in league' with him. Goodness. I have this strange image of Lillith in a baseball cap. And yes, I do believe Mary is included in the prophesy. But give Eve a little slack. She's forgiven now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Beloved2018

Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There is nothing in Genesis 3 about Mary.

Genesis 3:8-20

Adam
Eve
Their Offspring
Serpent

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”

The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!

You will crawl on your belly
and
you will eat dust

15 And I will put enmity
between
you and the woman,
and between
your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and
you will strike his heel.”

16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor
you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and
he will rule over you.”

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil
you will eat food from it
all the days of
your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and
you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until
you return to the ground,
since from it
you were taken;
for dust
you are
and to dust
you will return.”

20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

Ultimately Christ is the Seed and Mary is His mother (ergo the Woman).

Upvote 0

Beloved2018

Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I agree with others here that, the woman is first of all Eve, includes all faithful women (e.g. Malachi 2:14-16) and is ultimately fulfilled in Mary who bore Christ ( 1 John 3:8). The seed likewise includes us (Romans 16:20 )

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't say that none of his works will be found in the woman, we're human, and none of us is perfect, so I don't quite think that's the implication.

I definitely don't think she was in league with satan either, she was just deceived. Is a muslim in league with satan? I don't think so, they're just deceived. They aren't like rubbing their hands together while laughing maniacally, plotting away with satan, they're just deceived.

The main focus involving the relationship between the woman and satan, was that her seed would kill satan, so the enmity between satan and the woman, would be that he would try to ruin her, and all goodness found in her. It's why satan got Cain to kill Abel. Abel offered a meat offering to God, in the exact manner as described in His holy law, something gone over in more detail in writing after Moses wrote the Torah, but since His law has always and will always exist, and since Abel kept it, thus gaining the favor of God, it angered Cain, and the serpent used it to entice Cain into killing Abel. Satan understood that her seed would kill him, but as Jesus points out, a kingdom divided can't stand, so if satan can tempt and control someone, they aren't of God, and therefore are his, and won't be part of the seed used to kill him. It's why all of the god's the nations worshipped would kill the children, because all are the seed of the woman, so if satan could defile, ruin and kill her seed, it'd be harder or impossible for the Messiah to be born. It's why satan used Herod to try and kill all young males, and it's why satan used the Pharaoh to kill all males as well. All throughout the bible, and history, before the Messiah came, satan has used all sorts of tricks and people to kill children to prevent the Messiah, but after, as the bible says, now his target has expanded, to all of us.
I think she was in league with Satan. Adam's sin was 'for listening to the voice of your wife'.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It was obviously Mary. No other Seed was to conquer the serpent other than Jesus.

There is a reason why Jesus called Mary "Woman" in John 19:26. Just like he called himself "the Son of Man". He was referencing a prophetic title from the OT.

• Agree
Reactions: Eloy Craft
Upvote 0