Who is the true Israel of God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When I speak to groups, I need someone to introduce me. You are just perfect!

Are you telling me you want me to tell people you're pulling verses out of context?

I note you use the NKJV Bible version. It translates the Hebrew word 'eratz' as earth, but the REB, NIV, CJB, say: the land. And in the context - Land of Israel, is the more reasonable translation.

Not if you read the entire chapter. Some translations uses the word earth and others uses the word land. But none of them uses the word Israel in it. You decided to take it upon yourself and added the land of Israel.

Whether if a translation say earth or land in Psalm 37, before drawing a conclusion, you don't have enough common sense to double check what other parallel scriptures say in all translations ?

In Matthew 5:5, all translations say earth.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/matthew/5-5-compare.html

Psalms 69:36....those who love His Name will dwell there. Christians love His Name, Jews cover their ears when anyone mentions Jesus.

Keras, you have a problem understanding the things you read. Read it carefully.

Psalm 69:36 New King James Version (NKJV)
Also, the descendants of His servants shall inherit it,
And those who love His name shall dwell in it.

It said the descendants are the ones who inherit it.

Those who loves God will dwell in it.

Keras, you live in New Zealand, do you own New Zealand?

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"Typically for a rapture believer, facts are dismissed if they don't suit that fanciful idea. Do you even know any of the research done on peoples origins?"

Better than you do son .... both historical and biblical

Your religion reflects the false teaching below .... I would suggest that you move away from the same and return to the Lord's Word for truth

http://www.bible.ca/pre-british-israelism-herbert-armstrong.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why then, was his son Rehoboam an Israelite? And not only an Israelite, but a king.
We also have to remember that God told David that no one would sit on his throne except a son of David

And in Jesus' lineage there are five Gentile women. So how does a Jew become a Jew if their mother is not Jew?

Upvote 0

giftofGod2

Aug 16, 2016
cyberspace
✟15,845.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Someone assumes that the pre-tribulation rapture is something only as real as fairies underneath someone's porch.

The only thing wrong with this is that if fairies are not real, then they would never reveal themselves.

Nevertheless the rapture of the church is an event that will take place, regardless of whether fairies will ever reveal themselves as being underneath my front porch.

I do not discount the existence of fairies, and if they truly did live underneath my front porch, then the proof would be in the pudding, and I'm certain you would believe in them if they revealed themselves to you.

So then, if you are not looking for the pre-tribulation rapture (which a friend so aptly pointed out is proven in Revelation 3:10): if you are not of Philadelphia and if you are not looking for His return, then when it happens you will be left behind: nevertheless the proof will be in the pudding in that many have disappeared from off the earth from your perspective. From my perspective, it will be a confirmation of what I already know, when I am suddenly in the presence of Jesus with a new glorified body.

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,692.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Are you telling me you want me to tell people you're pulling verses out of context?
No, but what you say about me is so stupid and derogatory, that people would treat your intro as humorous.
Not if you read the entire chapter. Some translations uses the word earth and others uses the word land. But none of them uses the word Israel in it. You decided to take it upon yourself and added the land of Israel.
I do that because it is the holy Land that is inscribed upon the Lord's hands.....Isaiah 49:14-16 It is all that area given to Abraham, that is now and will be more prominent in the last days. Ezekiel 36:8

Re: who will be living in the Land of Israel during the last few years of this era, Daniel 7:25 and Revelation 13:7, God's holy people will be there as seen in Revelation 7:9 and Revelation 14:1.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who dispute the Lord's promise need to check out the fairies under their own porch
And the rest of you need to go back to the post that solicited my response, saying there's no need to provide proof of a pre-trib rapture, and admit that there is no more proof for this, than there is for fairies.

Of course, you can believe whatever you want, but unless you have credible evidence, don't expect to be taken seriously.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Someone assumes that the pre-tribulation rapture is something only as real as fairies underneath someone's porch.

The only thing wrong with this is that if fairies are not real, then they would never reveal themselves.

Ya, no kidding. Just as a pre-trib rapture will never reveal itself. Disagree? Convince me I'm wrong.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,692.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Better than you do son .... both historical and biblical
A statement of arrogance and ignorance.

The proofs that the Northern ten tribes did migrate across Europe and eventually spread around the world, are there for all with eyes to see. You, of course, having believed a falsehood, are blinded to the truth.

Jeremiah 31:21 Set up waymarks [dolmens scattered across Europe] mark the road you travel. Come back My people, wayward Israel, come back to your Land.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"Ya, no kidding. Just as a pre-trib rapture will never reveal itself. Disagree? Convince me I'm wrong."

You will be convinced in due time .... the Lord will do it

If you are alive at the time [Matthew 25:1-13 Revelation 3:15-19]

If dead, still the same [Revelation 20:11-15]

You should consider your standing .... your choice

.... a matter of life, or death

What is your greatest hope?

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lol. o.k. then. It's a matter of life or death whether or not I believe in something that is not supported by scripture? That's a little dramatic, don't you think?

How about we just believe what the Bible actually says. Like John 11:26 "whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?". There's your matter of life or death.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"whoever lives by believing in me will never die"

You just quoted exactly what you refute:

The dead in Christ will be resurrected to immortality .... and those who believe and are living at the time will not have time to die .... these will be transformed instantly to immortality

John
11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
You are the one who quoted a part of the passage given without realizing what you were doing

And I just interpreted it for you .... it exemplifies and substantiates the Lord's early pre-tribulation call for His true ecclesia

This truth you refute

This thread is about the true Israel of God

What is your story on the subject at hand?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,692.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This threat is about the true Israel of God
(staff edit)
Ethnic national Israel, yes .... and so do the scriptures attest to this fact
What the scriptures do actually attest to, is the truth that every true believer in God and Jesus, keeping the Commandments, are deemed to be His people, the Israelites of God. Galatians 3:26-29, Romans 2:10-11
Ethnic, national Israel, citizens of the Jewish State of Israel, still by God's mercy have a chance to become members of the Israel of God, like anyone else; members of the nation that bears the proper fruit. Matthew 21:43

The Jewish people now have control of a small portion of the holy Land. Their return and settling there is the fulfilment of the 'fig tree budding' prophecy. The great Exodus to all of the holy Land, of all the Lord's righteous people is yet to happen. It will, soon after the Lord's Day of wrath has cleared and cleansed the entire Middle East. Deuteronomy 32:43

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are the one who quoted a part of the passage given without realizing what you were doing

And I just interpreted it for you .... it exemplifies and substantiates the Lord's early pre-tribulation call for His true ecclesia

This truth you refute

This thread is about the true Israel of God

What is your story on the subject at hand?
Straightshot, do you remember when Jesus said that Lazarus was only "sleeping"? Well, the Bible explains that Lazarus was actually dead, but Jesus referred to it as "sleep". Why? Because it was temporary.

Just as all our natural deaths will be temporary. Only the second death is permanent. So when Jesus said we will never die, he was referring to the second death, as our first death is only sleep.

In other words, there is no requirement for a pre-trib rapture in order to fulfill what Jesus said about never dying.

And besides, if you think that proves there will be a pre-trib rapture because those raptured will never experience the first death, then what of those believers who died before the rapture? Were they not worthy to live forever? Or is your interpretation way off the mark, as usual?

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just as all our natural deaths will be temporary. Only the second death is permanent. So when Jesus said we will never die, he was referring to the second death, as our first death is only sleep.
Excellent point. But, it doesn't discount that there will be one generation that will not experience the first death due to the rapture.

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Excellent point. But, it doesn't discount that there will be one generation that will not experience the first death due to the rapture.

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
You have overlooked a 'small' detail.
Alive and Remain [Unto] the Coming of the Lord =survivors believers.

The believers ALIVE AND REMAIN UNTO The COMING of the Lord will not experience the physical death....

1 Thessalonians 4:14-15

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

When Jesus will descend from Heaven [to establish His Millennial Kingdom ]Jesus will bring the souls of the dead believers who are in Heaven with Him [sleep in Jesus] to be resurrected in a immortal body here on Earth.

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord,that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

The dead believers will be resurrected in their new immortal body AND the believers alive and remain will be changed ...all that happening UNTO THE COMING OF JESUS....NOT BEFORE THE TRIBULATION.

...So that we will live forever with Jesus HERE ON THE EARTH.
1 Thessalonians 4:17

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.