Who is the Righteous Man Called from the East?

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
"Who raised up the Righteous Man ממזרח (m'məzrəkʰ) 'From the East', Called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him Rule Over Kings? he gave them as the dust to his sword, and as driven stubble to his bow." [Isaiah 41:2]

We know Elohym is the one Who raised up the Righteous Man from מזרח (məzərəkʰ) 'the East', yet, Who is this (unspecified) Righteous Man whom Elohym Raised up and Called ממזרח (m'məzərəkʰ) 'from the East'?

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That sounds like a good candidate. Except at that time hadn't he conquered everyone and was the only King at the time?
I'm not certain about the timeline.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did Cyrus/Cyprus ever surrender to Elohym as Nebuchadnezzar was reported to have (in the book of Daniel)?
Would that have had to been necessary to earn the title of the "Righteous Man?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Laureate
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"Who raised up the Righteous Man ממזרח (m'məzrəkʰ) 'From the East', Called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him Rule Over Kings? he gave them as the dust to his sword, and as driven stubble to his bow." [Isaiah 41:2]

We know Elohym is the one Who raised up the Righteous Man from מזרח (məzərəkʰ) 'the East', yet, Who is this (unspecified) Righteous Man whom Elohym Raised up and Called ממזרח (m'məzərəkʰ) 'from the East'?
It is Yahshua. In his return to earth he will be seen coming from the East.
Matthew 24:27
For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Who has ceased to eat Manna?
Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
What Sealed Thee, O Righteous One?

Matthew 12:42 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

42 `A queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and lo, a greater than Solomon here!

Reactions: Laureate
Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That sounds like a good candidate. Except at that time hadn't he conquered everyone and was the only King at the time?
"...as dust to his sword...", nevertheless there was still Assyria, the Persians, and Medes, as well as Macedonia, and the Greeks.

The 'Rule' in this context apparently includes conquest over kings.

Nebuchadnezzar of Chaldea is from the East, and he was referred to as a King of kings subsequently inheriting the specified jurisdiction once bestowed upon Adam.

Who also was planted Eastward in the garden, and given jurisdiction over every sovereign being.

When Adam fell by iniquity, he fell from Righteousness.

"...the Resurrection of the Dead. It is sown in corruption; it is Raised in incorruption:

It is Sown in Dishonour; it is Raised in Glory: it is Sown in Weakness; it is Raised in Power:

It is Sown a Natural body; it is raised a Spiritual body. There is a Natural body, and there is a Spiritual body.

And so it is written, The First man Adam was made a Living soul; the last Adam was made a Quickening spirit.

Howbeit that was not First which is Spiritual, but that which is Natural; and Afterward that which is Spiritual.

The First Man is of the earth, earthy: the Second Man is the Lord from heaven.

As is the earthy, such are they also that are Earthy: and as is the Heavenly, such are they also that are Heavenly.

Therefore, as we have borne the image of the Earthy, we shall also bear the image of the Heavenly. [1st Corinthians 15:42-49]

This passage refers to Adam as a Resurrected Being, Raised in כבוד Glory, Bearing the image of the Lord, and being a Quickening Spirit.

Yet the Son of Adam said, "...as the Father raises up the dead, and Quickens them; even so the Son Quickens whom he will." [John 5:21]

Thus Adam, and the Son of Adam are both Quickening Spirits.

The reference to the First Man being Earthly, and the Second Man being the Lord from Heaven' pertains to John who is referred to as Risen, and as the Greatest Man born of a woman, yet this is what he said concerning the Son;

"He must increase, but I must decrease.

He that comes from above is above all: he that is of the Earth is Earthly, and speaks of the Earth: he that comes from Heaven is above all." [John 3:30-31]

John came in the Way of Righteousness, proclaiming to be the Comforter mentioned in Isaiah, Crying in the Wilderness, saying, Make Straight the Path of Îyéhûʷəʰ.

However, in Isaiah 51 those who follow after Righteousness are told to Seek our Father Abvraham, for he Alone was Called, and כי (kéyî) Thereby shall Îyéhûʷəʰ Comfort Zion.

Thus John was proclaiming to be Abvraham (as safely as he could, I imagine), i.e., The Father of Many Nations, by whom every family of the earth will be Blessed, said Elohym, however without any contradiction the Less is Blessed by the Greater, subsequently making Abvraham the Greatest Man born of a woman.

Abvraham was declared Righteous because he Believed Elohym, and John "...came for a Witness, to Bear Witness of the Light, that Every One through him might Believe. " [John 1:6-7]

No one has seen the Father, only because they do not Believe the one who is Sent, and as the Father was preaching through the Son, the Son was in the Bosom of the Father testifying.

John means Grace, and the Son was full of Grace.

That is why John informed many of the Scribes, and Pharisee, 'Do not think to yourself saying,

We have Abvraham for a Father, for I'm telling you, Elohym is able מאזרח (məzərəkʰ) 'to Raise' children unto Abvraham from these Stones (meaning, his testicles)." [Mathew 3:9]

And as Îyéshûʷəʰ declared, 'Your father Abvraham rejoiced to see my day: and was glad when he saw it." [John 8:56]

For as soon as the voice of Mary's salutation sounded in the ears of John's mother, John Leaped in her womb for Joy." [Luke 1:44]

"Yet you have not known him; but I know him: and if I were to say, I know him not, I would be a liar like you: but I know him, and keep his saying." [John 8:55]

Because they are not דע 'able to Ascertain and Declare' whether the Baptism of John comes from Heaven or Men, when the Master of the House is Risen, and has to shut the Door, then they will stand outside knocking, saying Lord, Lord open up for us;

Yet he will say, I am not דע 'able to Ascertain and Declare' where you are from, go away...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate

I would say King Cyrus of the Persian Empire, since he is identified as a Messiah in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I would say King Cyrus of the Persian Empire, since he is identified as a Messiah in the Bible.

Read the passage carefully, we are referring to someone who is Anointed yet does not דעה 'Know' it, as in psalms 12 he thinks his lips are his own, and as in the Song of Mosʰé Elohym reveals His Fear, that the enemy would lift up his arm and say, Elohym had nothing to do with it.

Yea! Cyrus is Justified by the One who moves him, yet as the scripture reads else where, 'I will declare your Righteousness, and your works but it will not benefit you.' Isaiah 57:12

Righteousness is predicated on Believing (trusting, and relying on) Elohym consciously, we have no record that Cyrus did this.

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It is Yahshua. In his return to earth he will be seen coming from the East.
Matthew 24:27
For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

'And on that day you will דעה 'be able to Ascertain and Declare' that I am in the Father.' [John 14:20]

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
"For behold, the day comes, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: for the day that comes shall burn them up, says the Host of Îyéhûʷəʰ, and it shall neither leave them root nor branch.

But unto you that Revere my Name shall the Sun [i.e., the burning light which rises in the east] of Righteousness arise with healing in His Wings [אברהם Abvraham may also render, אברה ם 'His Wing']; and you shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

And you shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, says the Host of Îyéhûʷəʰ.

Remember/Commemorate you the law of Moshé...[Shavuot is when John the Baptist was born, and is reportedly the birthdays of Abvraham, and King David.]

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of Îyéhûʷəʰ." [Malachi 4:1-5]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Read the passage carefully, we are referring to someone who is Anointed yet does not דעה 'Know' it, as in psalms 12 he thinks his lips are his own, and as in the Song of Mosʰé Elohym reveals His Fear, that the enemy would lift up his arm and say, Elohym had nothing to do with it.

Yea! Cyrus is Justified by the One who moves him, yet as the scripture reads else where, 'I will declare your Righteousness, and your works but it will not benefit you.' Isaiah 57:12

Righteousness is predicated on Believing (trusting, and relying on) Elohym consciously, we have no record that Cyrus did this.
Cyrus was Anointed and did not know it. In the OT, righteousness referred to those who were upright and walked in God's ways. Belief was simply assumed from works, not the other way around. Cyrus, although he was pagan, was an unknowing tool of God. The passage applies to him.

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Cyrus was Anointed and did not know it. In the OT, righteousness referred to those who were upright and walked in God's ways. Belief was simply assumed from works, not the other way around. Cyrus, although he was pagan, was an unknowing tool of God. The passage applies to him.

In the Torah (proverbs) every committed inclination of a person is Right/Proper in their own eyes, however the Righteousness of every Jew and Christian is defined by one such as Father Abvraham, whose Faith is Trusting, and Relying on the Truth of Elohym.

Our Righteousness as the Messianic-Christian Branch of Judaism Begins with Believing the testimony of John the Baptist.

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
"And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and Count the stars, if you are able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall your seed be.

And he Believed in Îyéhûʷəh; and he Counted it to him as Righteousness." [Genesis 15:5-6]

"There was a man Sent from Elohym, whose name was John.

The same came for a Witness, to bear Witness of the Light, that Every Person through him might Believe." [John 1:6-7]

"And without any contradiction the less is Blessed by the Greater." [Hebrew 7:7]

Îyésʰûʷəʰ declared that John was the Greatest of those who are born of a woman, yet if Every familiy on earth is Blessed by Abvraham, then he is the Greatest person ever born of a woman;

The triangulated implication of these verses is that, John was a Risen Abvraham, who rejoiced, and was glad to see the day of H'mesʰîəkʰ, and said, Elohym is able to raise children unto Abvraham from these stones.

Upvote 0