Who is the man of sin, the son of perdition?

J

Jade777

At one stage, the prince who shall come, the Jews will think he is their long awaited messiah. Yes, I am fairly confident that the false prophet, the Antichrist's side kick, will anoint him as the king of Israel, in the big charade.

The Antichrist will come out of Europe, being of the people who destroyed the temple and city, the Romans. The False Prophet appears to be someone born and living in Israel. There is a good chance that he will claim to be elijah.

I have talked to the Jews about the requirement of Deuteronomy 31:10-11 to commemoratively read Moses instructions for Joshua to go in possess the land, every 7 years.

They told me it can't be done in the present environment because it must be done, in the text from the place of God's choosing, which the Jews interpret to mean the temple mount - which the muslims control. And the muslims won't allow the Jews to even pray there, much less read something that God gave the land to them.

The false prophet is likely to pass himself off as Elijah.

Lol @ side kick so true, but yeah I think it is feasible with the anointing part and it's a great point, but I think he will anoint him the King of the world, since the side kick FP coerces all (the majority) to worship him and he doesn't regard anyone in higher authority than himself.

Yes I also believe the 1st Beast (AC to you) comes out of Europe too (history reveals that just as you stated)! I respectfully disagree with the FP originating from Israel, I think he will emanate from Europe also. Another good possibility you've given that he likely will claim he is the Elijah.

Deut 31, are you saying the Jews will possess the temple mount in the 7th year? If so, again its possible.

Upvote 0
J

Jade777

The Antichrist is not the king of the North. The Antichrist will come from the West, the ten kings are ten EU leaders, not in power yet. The Antichrist-beast is the willful king of Daniel 11:36. He will be into the occult, and solicits help from the dark side, getting help in military strategy from some Satanic power he calls the god of forces, Daniel 11:38.

Near the end of the 7 years, the Antichrist-beast will be attacked from the other three compass directions, the king of the North, the king of the South, and the kings of the East. That will draw all of the armies of the world into the middle east - once there, totally unexpected the events of Revelation 6, the heavens peel away and the world sees Jesus before the throne of God, sickle in hand, to carry out judgement on the wicked men of the world.

That is when in Revelation 16:13-16, it will take the Antichrist-beast, the false prophet, and Satan to convince the kings of the earth, their armies already in the middle east, to unite and try to stop Jesus from returning.

If the focal point is Jerusalem, the 1st Beast (AC in your terms), does come from the North in Europe, north of Israel i.e. the King of the North in Daniel 11. The Dan 11 King of the North has exact traits as the 1B as stated earlier, you also recognise them from your above statement - solicits help from dark forces etc, akin to Rev 13 the 1B the dragon gives authority/ power to him. They are identical, they match. Yes the 10 kings are 10 European leaders it would seem logical that their King the 1st B comes from there too, not the West. May be you have the scripture for the west part? In Rev 13 to 1st B and yes I agree they are not in power yet, current world events indicate they are forming. The AC and the A-B, I see as the 1-B in Rev 13 and as the K o N in Daniel, from Europe.

I will refrain from commenting regarding your 2nd paragraph.

Yes I am in agreement with your last paragraph :).

Upvote 0
J

Jade777

I believe the man of sin was Nero. He persecuted the Christians, who are the "temple of God".

I don't think 2 Thessalonians 2 is referring to the Jerusalem temple, because it is Ichabod after the death of Christ...and Paul and Peter have taught that the church is the temple in their writings.

Judas Ischariot was called the "son of perditition" by Jesus as he betrayed Him., his role ended with his suicide as Santn had entered him.

Nero is the man of sin, the murderer of Peter and Paul as well as thousands of saints.

Hi Ebedmelech,

Judas was an earlier version of the son of perdition/m o s, and Nero well perhaps he was a type and that is a refreshing reflection, thanks for sharing
:).

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

Hi Readers,

Who is the man of sin, the son of perdition in 2 Thessalonians 2?

Both are satan

II Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come [it will not be], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

Jesus Christ is not gathering anyone to Him, nor is He coming here to earth, except there be a falling away first. The word for "falling away", in the Greek is "apostasy". Jesus told us in His revelation to John, in Revelation 9:11, that "Apollyon" is one of Satan's names, and this name is derived from the word apostasy.

The word "perdition" means "one that perishes". Satan and only Satan has already been condemned to die [to perish] by God. Satan's judgment day has come already back in the first earth age, and he will have no part in the Great White Throne judgment, or any other judgment yet to come. He has already been judged, and sentence by God to death "perdition" [Ezekiel 28 covers this judgment].

Jesus Christ is coming back to this earth, but the saints of Christ will not be gathered to Him until the "son of perdition" [Satan] be revealed first. How will we know who he is when he arrives?

Revelation 17:8 "The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is [shall come]."

This beast "thou [John] sawest", was in the first earth age; and is not on this earth now, as it is written in Revelation 12:7. Satan is in heaven being our accuser, and will be cast out to this earth very shortly by Michael.

"And shall ascend out of the bottomless pit; and go into perdition;" Who is he again? He is Satan the Antichrist. Satan is not a man born of woman, but a "supernatural arch angel". In Ezekiel 28 it is written that Satan [Lucifer] is the most beautiful of all God's created beings.

In Isaiah 14:12; "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lu'-ci-fer [day star], son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!" Lucifer then is another name for Satan; he is also called the Dragon, the serpent, and many other names accounting for the roles he plays, and in our generation he will also be called the "Antichrist".

Isaiah 14:13; "For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:"

Satan is saying, I'm going to be God, and be above the sons [stars] of God. The "mount of the congregation" is on mount Zion; and that is "the side of the north" where Jesus Christ's temple will be.

Isaiah 14:14; "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." Satan is saying again, he is going to be God.

Isaiah 14:15; "Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell [sheol], to the sides of the pit."

Who is this that is going into the pit? Who is this son of perdition? It is Lucifer, who is Satan, the "son of perdition". The "son of perdition" of II Thessalonians 2:3 is none other than Satan himself, coming to earth to play the role of Jesus Christ. Paul then is saying that the true Christ, Jesus Christ, will not return to earth until this "apostasy" takes place first.

Isaiah 14:16; "They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;"

Following Jesus Christ's return to earth, and when the Antichrist [Satan] is safely in the pit; the world will wonder; how could Satan have shook all the kingdoms? They simply can't believe that they were deceived into believing this man to be God. Are you going to be one of those deceived into believing Satan is the Christ, or do you know the difference?

2thess2

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Lol, yes, and my testimony is sealed verifiable to this very day, 1 2 3 :D:D:D

emoticon-giggling.gif

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
n2,
yet many "Christians" beliefs are so poorly formed that they might think he would be making legitimate claims. This is not discerned by studying about prophecy; it is learned by studying the original events of the Gospel, in the accounts and in the teaching of the apostles about what happened.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Both are satan

II Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come [it will not be], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

n2, was Judas called the son of perdition - Satan? Or was Judas - a man?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If the focal point is Jerusalem, the 1st Beast (AC in your terms), does come from the North in Europe, north of Israel i.e. the King of the North in Daniel 11. The Dan 11 King of the North has exact traits as the 1B as stated earlier, you also recognise them from your above statement - solicits help from dark forces etc, akin to Rev 13 the 1B the dragon gives authority/ power to him. They are identical, they match. Yes the 10 kings are 10 European leaders it would seem logical that their King the 1st B comes from there too, not the West. May be you have the scripture for the west part? In Rev 13 to 1st B and yes I agree they are not in power yet, current world events indicate they are forming. The AC and the A-B, I see as the 1-B in Rev 13 and as the K o N in Daniel, from Europe.

I will refrain from commenting regarding your 2nd paragraph.

Yes I am in agreement with your last paragraph :).

Directly north of Jerusalem is Moscow, which Russia cannot be considered Europe. Russia would be considered the northernmost parts.

I would not say that Europe is directly West of Jerusalem. But as a whole it is of the compass direction west of Jerusalem, which the Antichrist will be the king of the West.

In Daniel 11:36, it does not say king of the north, south, east, or west. To get what compass direction the willful king who claims to be greater that any god, is of we have to rely on other scriptures. And we can reason it from the latter verses in Daniel 11.

40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

The king of the south push at him.
The king of the north shall come against him.
News out of the east troubles him.

So the only direction left to be the "him" is the west. The king of the west.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

just trying to understand
Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Readers,

Who is the man of sin, the son of perdition in 2 Thessalonians 2?
1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved (2 Thessalonians 2:1-10).
Some Evangelists & Ministers associate the above to Revelation 13 -- there are 2 Beasts involved, the 1st Beast (vs 1-11) seems to have great military might (vs 4), the 2nd Beast (vs 11-16) appears to relate to the Anti-Christ (vs 11). Also see Daniel 11.

Initially, I viewed the 2nd beast was the man of sin, :thumbsup:

currently from some research I am inclined to go with the first beast. Of course there will be contrasting views on this and I ardently welcome them. What are your thoughts regarding the man of sin in 2 Thes 2?

i think your first premonition is correct.

let's look at a couple verses from rev 13:

Revelation 13:1(NKJV)
1Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name.

Revelation 13:11-12(NKJV)
11Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon.
12And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

in verse 1, the beast wears "crowns", symbolizing a ruler.

then notice in verse 11 that the other "beast" was likened to a "lamb", which is the symbol for Jesus (jn 1:29). this can be linked to 2thess 2:4 as the head of a false church that works hand in hand with the "beast", of whom everyone needs a mark to buy or sell.

it will be an alliance of church and state, and the "man of sin" will be over the church.

as of now, i have no idea who the "man of sin" is, but i'm pretty sure he's walking around the earth right now and will be revealed at God's appointed time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Judas was called son of perdition,I believe because satan entered into him......

So likewise, the man of sin, son of perdition in 2thessaloinans2, would not be Satan himself - but like Judas will be entered into by Satan for a short time - to carry out the act of entering the temple and claim to be God. See below (in blue).

The Antichrist's four stages to his career:

1. little horn politician
a. the little horn will have become the 7th king ruler of the Roman Empire (end times final version)
b. Gog/Magog will take place while the little horn is in this stage.

2. the prince who shall come, false king messiah to the Jews.
a. confirms the Mt. Sinai covenant in Daniel 9 for the 7 years.

• the 7 years is Revelation 12:6 + 12:14
  • breaks the covenant in the middle of the 7 years
3. the revealed man of sin, son of perdition.
a. goes into the temple and claims to be God

• entered into by Satan, like Judas.

4. the Antichrist-beast
a. will be worshiped 42 months
b. abomination of desolation image of him setup
c. 666 requirement

Just start putting events under the 4 stages to the Antichrist's career. That will give you the order of events, the chronology, in outline form.

Doug

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

So likewise, the man of sin, son of perdition in 2thessaloinans2, would not be Satan himself - but like Judas will be entered into by Satan for a short time - to carry out the act of entering the temple and claim to be God. See below (in blue).

The Antichrist's four stages to his career:

1. little horn politician
a. the little horn will have become the 7th king ruler of the Roman Empire (end times final version)
b. Gog/Magog will take place while the little horn is in this stage.

2. the prince who shall come, false king messiah to the Jews.
a. confirms the Mt. Sinai covenant in Daniel 9 for the 7 years.

• the 7 years is Revelation 12:6 + 12:14
  • breaks the covenant in the middle of the 7 years
3. the revealed man of sin, son of perdition.
a. goes into the temple and claims to be God

• entered into by Satan, like Judas.
4. the Antichrist-beast
a. will be worshiped 42 months
b. abomination of desolation image of him setup
c. 666 requirement

Just start putting events under the 4 stages to the Antichrist's career. That will give you the order of events, the chronology, in outline form.

Doug

All this was before satan was kicked out of heaven,when that time comes,satan will no longer need to do that,as he shall be here live and in person,meaning,we shall see him as he is.....

he,along with all of his angels shall arrive on this earth at the same time (6th trump)again he will no longer need to enter man,as he shall be here....

Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Sa'-tan, which deceived the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

This has yet to happen

Revelation 12:10 "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power [authority] of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."

This is why Satan's other name is "the accuser", for he continually stands before God's throne accusing all the saints of God. When you mess up, Satan will let God know about it. That is why it is important for us to repent immediately when we become aware of sin in our lives. Then all barriers between God and us are removed. Satan will continue to accuse you before God, right up to the time he is caste out to the earth.

This is when satan really starts his deception,and that is,pretending to be Christ,no one else can or will play that role but him.............

Oh and he will not just be a false messiah to the Jew's,as the whole world shall be deceived,also his rule shall only be for 6 months,which is what his time was cut short to......

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

Dougg,question,why was satan(lucifer then)sentenced to die?We can find the answer in Isaiah 14

Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

Isaiah 14:13 "For thou hast said in thine heart, `I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:"

Isaiah 14:14 "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the MOST HIGH."

Now let's go back to Thess,and it should be clear as to who the man of sin,the son of perdition is

II Thessalonians 2:1 "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto Him,"

II Thessalonians 2:2 "That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter, as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand."

II Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition

II Thessalonians 2:4 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the Temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

Jesus will not return to set up his kingdom until after Lucifer, who goes by the name of the devil, Satan, the son of perdition and many other name stands in the holy place in Jerusalem claiming to be God. This is exactly what Isaiah said in Isaiah 14:14. Satan, or Lucifer or what ever you desire to call him, will play the role of God on the side of the north which is on mount Zion.

he is also known as the desolator,for that we shall zoom to Mathew,which should leave you with no doubt as to who this person is

Matthew 24:15 "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whoso readeth, let him understand:)"

This reverence to Daniel the prophet, Makes the book of Daniel part of the New Testament. This reference is directed to Daniel 9:27.

The "abomination" is when Satan stands in Jerusalem, and proclaims that he is God, and the world believes it. The "desolation" is an incorrect translation into the English, which should read "desolator", and Satan is the desolator that will make the claim that he is God, the true Christ. "Desolation" is a condition, in the Hebrew manuscripts it is written, "On the wings of the desolator," this is not a condition, but a entity, a person. It is through this individual, Satan that the abomination shall come from. It is the desolator [Satan] that shall cause all but the sealed of God, to become desolate, or deceived.

Daniel 9:27; "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and the determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

The Holy place is the place that the temple sits, and this is the subject for the very first, when the buildings of the temple were observed by the disciples, and the question of what it would be like at His second advent. This is where the desolation [Satan, the Antichrist] shall sit on mount Zion, making his abominations, or statements that he is the Christ.

The world will be deceived when Satan claims himself to be Christ, for he does have supernatural powers, and he will use them to to draw the peoples of the world to come to peace. He will say, I am Jesus whom ye have been waiting for, and I have come to bring peace to the world, and the world will be brought to peace and prosperity by Satan, the Antichrist.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All this was before satan was kicked out of heaven,when that time comes,satan will no longer need to do that,as he shall be here live and in person,meaning,we shall see him as he is.....

he,along with all of his angels shall arrive on this earth at the same time (6th trump)again he will no longer need to enter man,as he shall be here....

6th trump is when he arrives? Not hardly. The 6th trumpet is near the end of the 7 years. I think you have reasoned 6 months or so.

When Satan is cast down to earth in Revelation 12:9, he has little time left which is the time, times, and half times. Not 6 months, but the second half of the seven years, closer to 3 1/2 years than 6 months.

During that time, he persecutes Israel, them which do not flee into the wilderness in time, for them having rejected the revealed man of sin Antichrist's claim to be God (in the flesh).

Satan speaks to the world by incarnating the statue image of the Antichrist-beast during that time, times, and half times.

This is when satan really starts his deception,and that is,pretending to be Christ,no one else can or will play that role but him.............
Oh and he will not just be a false messiah to the Jew's,as the whole world shall be deceived,also his rule shall only be for 6 months,which is what his time was cut short to......
Satan will be pretending to be God, but not God come in flesh - which will be the Antichrist man of sin's claim, in due time during his career. Prior to then, the Antichrist will be perceived by the Jews to be their long awaited messiah.

Once the Antichrist enters that Antichrist-beast stage, and Satan gets cast down to earth. Then we get to the Antichrist being worshiped, as well as Satan.

For Satan, the statue personna will only be presented as that he, as God, is speaking to the people through the image. Satan's desire is to be worshiped as God, and that image, the vehicle which he will claim as God to be speaking to the people through, will be worshiped by the world.

At no time will either the Antichrist nor Satan claim to be Jesus. Satan, as he is, is not going to be exposed of the grand deception, until the very day that Jesus returns, and the brightness of the Lord's coming dissolves away the statue image facade.

n2, just make a few adjustments to your scenario. Nobody will think the image, which the world makes at the direction of the second beast false prophet, is God, or worship it of it's own accord. But if they think that God is speaking to them through the image, not knowing that it is Satan, - then different story. Can you not envision that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
N

n2thelight

Dougg are you aware of the many names satan goes by?

Here is a list of some of the other names for Satan in the Bible. Satan plays many roles and by knowing them it will give us a better understanding to his method of operation. The Scripture reference is not a complete list of every time these names are used, it is there to give you an example of how it is used in the Bible.

Name
Reference
Definition
Abaddon
Revelation 9:11
Abaddon is the Greek form and Apollyon is the Hebrew equivalent. These words mean 'destroyer,' 'destruction.' This title stresses his work of destruction; he works to destroy the glory of God and God's purpose with man. He further works to destroy societies and mankind.
The Accuser of the Brethren
Revelation 12:10
The Greek word for "accuser" is kathgor, which refers to one who brings condemning accusations against others. In view of Job 1 and 2, this is also an attempt to malign the character of God and His plan.
The Adversary
I Peter 5:8
An opponent (in a lawsuit); specially, Satan (as the arch-enemy)
Angel of Light 2 Corinthians 11:14One of his purposes is to make men as much like God as he can, but always without God. So, he will copy as much of God and His plan as he can, but he will always either distort, pervert, substitute or leave out those key ingredients of truth that are vital to the plan of salvation and sanctification through ChristApollyon
Revelation 9:11
A destroyer (i.e. Satan)
Beelzebub
Matthew 12:24 Mark 3:22 Luke 11:15
Three possible spellings of this word each have a different meaning: (1)Beelzebul means "lord of the dung," a name of reproach. (2) Beelzebub means "lord of the flies." Either one of these are names of reproach and are names of uncleanness applied to Satan, the prince of the demons and uncleanness. (3) Beelzeboul, means, "the lord of the dwelling." This would identify Satan as the god of demon possession. This spelling has the best manuscript evidence behind it.
Belial
II Corinthians 6:15
This name means "worthless" or "hopeless ruin." The epitome of worthlessness, hopeless ruin and the source of all idolatry and religion which is also hopeless or futile.
the Devil
Matt. 4:1, 5, 9; Eph. 4:27; Rev. 12:9; 20:2
"Devil" is the Greek word diabollos which means "slanderer, defamer." This accentuates his goal and work to impugn the character of God. Dragon
Revelation 12:9 and 20:2
Probably from an alternate form of derkomai (to look); a fabulous kind of serpent (perhaps as supposed to fascinate) or the Greek word is drakon (as in draconian) and refers to a "hideous monster, a dragon, or large serpent." This word stresses the cruel, vicious, and blood thirsty character and power of Satan.
the Enemy
Matthew 13:39
From a primary echtho (to hate); hateful (passively, odious, or actively, hostile); usually as a noun, an adversary (especially Satan)
the Evil OneJohn 17:15; 1 John 5:9The Greek poneros means "wicked, evil, bad, base, worthless, vicious, degenerate." It points to Satan's character as active and malignant. Father of All Lies
John 8:44
A falsifier; Using his network of deception through demonic forces and duped people, he promotes false doctrines in the name of God.
god of this world
II Corinthians 4:4
god is used generically and refers to Satan
King of Babylon
Isaiah 14:4
Confusion; Babel (i.e. Babylon), including Babylonia and the Babylonian empire
King of Tyrus
Ezekiel 28:12
A rock; Tsor, a place in Palestine. Satan is the false rock. Christ is the true Rock.
Little Horn
Daniel 7:8
A horn (as projecting); by implication, a flask, cornet; by resembl. an elephant's tooth (i.e. ivory), a corner (of the altar), a peak (of a mountain), a ray (of light); figuratively, power
Lucifer
Isaiah 14:12
The Hebrew word for Lucifer (KJV translation) is literally "the shining one." This name draws our attention to his pre-fall condition and to the nature of the cause of his fall - pride; the morning star: Lucifer (the king of Babylon). Satan is the false morning star. Christ is the true morning Star.Man of sin
II Thessalonians 2:3
Satan was the first to sin. See Ezekiel 28:11-19
That Old Serpent
Revelation 12:9 and 20:2
old = original or primeval
serpent = (through the idea of sharpness of vision); a snake, figuratively (as a type of sly cunning) an artful malicious person, especially Satan

Power of Darkness
Colossians 1:13
"shade" or a shadow (literally or figuratively [darkness of error or an adumbration])
Prince of the Power of the Air
Ephesians 2:2
prince = a first (in rank or power)
power = privilege, i.e. (subjectively) force, capacity, competency, freedom, or (objectively) mastery (concretely, magistrate, superhuman, potentate, token of control), delegated influence

Prince that shall come
Daniel 9:26
A commander (as occupying the front), civil, military or religious; generally (abstractly, plural), honorable themes. See II Thessalonians 2:3-4 and Revelation 12:7-9
prince of Tyrus
Ezekiel 28:2
a rock; Tsor, a place in Palestine. Satan is the false rock. Christ is the true Rock.
Prince of this world
John 12:31
prince = a first (in rank or power)
world = orderly arrangement, i.e. decoration; by implication, the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively [morally])

The Proud One Isaiah 14:12-14The five "I wills" Rulers of the darkness of this world
Ephesians 6:12
rulers = a world-ruler, an epithet of Satan
darkness = shadiness, i.e. obscurity (literally or figuratively)

Satan
Job 1:6-9; Matt. 4:10
The title "Satan" occurs 53 times in 47 verses in the Bible. The primary idea is 'adversary, one who withstands.'
Serpent
Genesis 3:1; Rev. 12:9
Properly, to hiss, i.e. whisper a (magic) spell; generally, to prognosticate
Son of Perdition
John 17:12
II Thessalonians 2:3

Ruin or loss (physical, spiritual or eternal) also to destroy fully (reflexively, to perish, or lose), literally or figuratively
the Tempter
Matthew 4:3; 1 Thess. 3:5
To test (objectively), i.e. endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline
the Wicked One
Matthew 13:19
Hurtful, i.e. evil (properly, in effect or influence) figuratively, calamitous; also (passively) ill, i.e. diseased; but especially (morally) culpable, i.e. derelict, vicious, facinorous; neuter (singular) mischief, malice, or (plural) guilt; masculine (singular) the devil, or (plural) sinners

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

Bible2

n2thelight said in post 74:

The world will be deceived when Satan claims himself to be Christ, for he does have supernatural powers, and he will use them to to draw the peoples of the world to come to peace. He will say, I am Jesus whom ye have been waiting for, and I have come to bring peace to the world, and the world will be brought to peace and prosperity by Satan, the Antichrist.

When Satan (Lucifer, the dragon) is cast down to the earth permanently at the midpoint of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (Revelation 12:9,12), he won't claim to be "Jesus" Christ, just as the separate Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast, the man of sin: 2 Thessalonians 2:3b-4,9, Revelation 13:4-18) won't claim that Lucifer (or claim that he, the Antichrist) is "Jesus" Christ. For "anti"-Christ means someone who denies that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22).

Also, Satan (the dragon, Revelation 12:9) isn't the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast"), but the one who will empower the Antichrist (Revelation 13:4; 2 Thessalonians 2:9) and who will be worshiped along with the Antichrist (Revelation 13:4). The Antichrist will be cast into the lake of fire over 1,000 years before Satan is cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 19:20 to 20:10). The Antichrist and Satan are shown to be separate persons also in Revelation 16:13. But Satan could spiritually enter the man who is the Antichrist, just as Satan spiritually entered Judas (Luke 22:3).

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Douggg said in post 75:

At no time will either the Antichrist nor Satan claim to be Jesus.

That's right.

But the False Propet could.

The beast which comes up out of the earth (Revelation 13:11-16) represents the individual man who will become the Antichrist's False Prophet (Revelation 19:20, Revelation 16:13). He could be a secretly-apostate pope who at some point during his tenure will make a great push for peace and unity between Christianity and Islam. He could say something like: "Why do we fight each other? Are we not all the spiritual children of Abraham and of his God, the one God? Can't we lay aside our foolish, man-made differences of theology, which have done us no good at all, but only brought us hatred and violence, and unite into one religion of Abraham, one religion of peace, based on love for the one God and love for our fellow man? What's more important than this?"

He could be so skillful in elucidating what the moderate Muslims could call "the true, peaceful, loving nature of Islam", that he could be hailed by them worldwide as (in their words) "a Great Imam, come to rescue our beloved Islam from the bad reputation falsely given to it by the terrorists". In this way, a pope could come to hold high positions of power in two religions at the same time, which could be symbolized by the two horns of the False Prophet lamb (Revelation 13:11). This would be similar to how the 7 horns of the true-Jesus lamb in Revelation 5:6 could represent the true Jesus holding 7 positions of power at the same time (cf. Jesus wearing many crowns at the same time in Revelation 19:12). The False Prophet could even say that he is Jesus. (But he won't say that he is Christ, for the False Prophet and the Antichrist will deny that Jesus is the Christ, and will deny that Christ is in the flesh: 1 John 2:22; 2 John 1:7.)

Once the False Prophet by his amazing miracles has brought the world under his spell (Revelation 13:13-18, Revelation 19:20), including many Muslims and Christians who may not care much for scriptural dogma, but could go wild over his signs and wonders, he could begin to (in his words) "restore to the world the real message which was spoken by me (Jesus) at my first coming, and by the great prophet Mohammed, but which message became corrupted by power-hungry men when they copied and changed the early manuscripts of the Bible and the Koran". He could then gradually initiate the world into the Antichrist's Gnostic Luciferianism (1 John 4:3, Revelation 13:4-6), a religion which could have existed since ancient times in some "mystery" cults, and which still exists today in the highest degree of initiation of a worldwide secret society. The False Prophet could present his miraculously calling fire down from heaven (Revelation 13:13) as purported proof that Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) and the Antichrist are the true God (Revelation 13:4-8, Revelation 12:9), in an inversion of how back in Old Testament times, Elijah miraculously called fire down from heaven to prove that YHWH is the true God (1 Kings 18:37-39).

--

If a secretly-apostate pope does become the Antichrist's False Prophet (Revelation 13:11-16, Revelation 19:20, Revelation 16:13), adherents of Catholicism will have to decide what their ultimate source of truth is: Is it the pope and the RCC, or God and the Bible? Many adherents of Catholicism who know God and the Bible well and hold to them as their ultimate source of truth will no doubt be utterly aghast at the false doctrines of a False Prophet pope. Such adherents of Catholicism could demand that he be removed for heresy and apostasy, and that the cardinals elect a new pope. But other adherents of Catholicism, including many cardinals, bishops, and priests, could be deceived (along with most of the rest of the world) into believing the False Prophet pope's false doctrines because of his ability to perform the most amazing miracles (Revelation 13:13-14, Revelation 19:20; cf. Matthew 24:24).

And so a great schism could arise within the RCC. Compare the Akita prophecy: "The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops". Many adherents of Catholicism could follow the False Prophet pope, while other adherents of Catholicism could reject him and eventually even elect their own, new pope, whom they could declare to be the "True pope". But this new, "True pope" could then be murdered, along with many of his followers, by the False Prophet pope's soldiers. Compare the Third Secret of Fatima: "he [the pope] was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions". Could the soldiers firing "arrows" be the Vatican's Swiss Guards, whose weapons and colorful uniforms hark back to the Middle Ages?

After this slaughter, the False Prophet pope could manage to retain the papacy and full control of the Vatican, and through his (deceived) cardinals, bishops, and priests, retain full control of all RCC cathedrals, parishes, churches, etc., throughout the world. And when the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast") obtains power over all nations, he and the False Prophet will make war against true, Biblical Christians (whether they are adherents of Catholicism or not) throughout the world, and will physically overcome them and kill them (by beheading) in every nation (Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6, Matthew 24:9-13).

It is only when the Antichrist has completely broken all the physical power of the true church (which consists of all true believers, whether they are adherents of Catholicism or not: Ephesians 4:4-6) that the future tribulation will end (Daniel 12:7b) and Jesus' 2nd coming will immediately occur, at which time he will resurrect and rapture (gather together) the church (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6). At his 2nd coming, Jesus will tread the winepress of God's wrath alone (Isaiah 63:3, Revelation 19:15-21), and so he/God will get all the glory for defeating the power of evil on the earth (Deuteronomy 32:39-43), for he/God won't share this glory with the church (cf. Isaiah 42:8-14, Isaiah 26:18).

Upvote 0