Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I am not sure that the meeting of the sons of God included those angels that were cast out of heaven with satan, but I would not argue this point.

And I agree that satan is bound to do only that which God allows him to do.

Not the angels that followed Satan. This is obviously a meeting of representatives of other worlds. Satan came as the prince of this world---he came from going up and down the earth--patrolling his territory!

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Not the angels that followed Satan. This is obviously a meeting of representatives of other worlds. Satan came as the prince of this world---he came from going up and down the earth--patrolling his territory!

I've never heard SDA's speak of other worlds. Do you believe in UFO's and aliens?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I've never heard SDA's speak of other worlds. Do you believe in UFO's and aliens?

LOL!! Depends on your interpretation of UFO's and aliens!!! Nothing is scripture indicates the angels ever used any machinery---only horses and chariots--and clouds. You could label angels as aliens---for they certainly are not of this world! Jesus is the Creator of all things, that is what He does---create---His hobby you could say! Hard to imagine that He just created this one tiny little planet in one little galaxy when there are millions of galaxies out there. Why limit Him to this one little world?? I believe we are the only ones that fell. Angels are God's chosen messengers--not any other created beings.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
LOL!! Depends on your interpretation of UFO's and aliens!!! Nothing is scripture indicates the angels ever used any machinery---only horses and chariots--and clouds. You could label angels as aliens---for they certainly are not of this world! Jesus is the Creator of all things, that is what He does---create---His hobby you could say! Hard to imagine that He just created this one tiny little planet in one little galaxy when there are millions of galaxies out there. Why limit Him to this one little world?? I believe we are the only ones that fell. Angels are God's chosen messengers--not any other created beings.

I'm glad you don't believe in aliens, grays and the like. They are demons. As you inferred, why would any other species who hasn't fallen come to this infested planet. But personally, I think this is the only inhabited planet in the universe.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad you don't believe in aliens, grays and the like. They are demons. As you inferred, why would any other species who hasn't fallen come to this infested planet. But personally, I think this is the only inhabited planet in the universe.

Agree, except that I believe we are the only inhabited planet in this galaxy. We may have been the very last one He created, though. We have kept Him pretty busy ever since.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Agree, except that I believe we are the only inhabited planet in this galaxy. We may have been the very last one He created, though. We have kept Him pretty busy ever since.

Hebrews 1:2 uses the word, "worlds," but some translations just have the singular, "world." And Hebrews 11:3 uses "worlds" and "universe."

I think God is being silent on this issue, so we can't be dogmatic, one way or the other.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I do believe that both good and bad angels were present. This is not the first place in Scripture where both were present, and this next passage also shows that even demons need permission.

2 Chronicles 18:

18 Then Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing on His right hand and His left. 19 And the Lord said, ‘Who will persuade Ahab king of Israel to go up, that he may fall at Ramoth Gilead?’ So one spoke in this manner, and another spoke in that manner. 20 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, and said, ‘I will persuade him.’ The Lord said to him, ‘In what way?’ 21 So he said, ‘I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And the Lord said, ‘You shall persuade him and also prevail; go out and do so.’ 22 Therefore look! The Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these prophets of yours, and the Lord has declared disaster against you.”
Do you think that God has demons around him at all times? I don't think so. The spirit that came forth, I believe was a good spirit that did the will of God and put into the hearts of bad men on earth a lie about what they wanted to do, rather than what the Lord wanted.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you think that God has demons around him at all times? I don't think so. The spirit that came forth, I believe was a good spirit that did the will of God and put into the hearts of bad men on earth a lie about what they wanted to do, rather than what the Lord wanted.

Remember that was before Jesus was victorious on the cross.

Revelation 12
10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.

I do not believe good angels are capable of lying.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You continue to tell us that the 'sons of God' represent representatives of other worlds. I do not know how you can support that from the scriptures or from any other writing, except maybe an SDA writer. Let me know where you get this doctrine from. Thank you.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You continue to tell us that the 'sons of God' represent representatives of other worlds. I do not know how you can support that from the scriptures or from any other writing, except maybe an SDA writer. Let me know where you get this doctrine from. Thank you.

Satan was there representing this world---he had been walking up and down the earth, patrolling his territory---he is called the prince of this world. It is an assumption based on what is said here. If Satan is the prince of this world, what makes you think this gathering isn't a council of representatives of other worlds? Certainly makes more sense than they are spirit children of God---us before we were born--nothing to suggest that. When God wants His own child, He has one--of His own substance, and He chose to have only One, Jesus, who was always with Him from everlasting to everlasting. He doesn't have "spirit children" with some non-existing wife.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate

As an ex-SDA I can add that SDA's may believe in other worlds, but NOT aliens and UFO's on earth. They teach what we see are demons and demon creations. I even saw a UFO in the mountains of Arizona.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
As an ex-SDA I can add that SDA's may believe in other worlds, but NOT aliens and UFO's on earth. They teach what we see are demons and demon creations. I even saw a UFO in the mountains of Arizona.
So when mmksparbud says that the 'sons of God' in Job 38:7 are representatives of other worlds, that is her personal belief and not an SDA doctrine?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Satan was there representing this world---he had been walking up and down the earth, patrolling his territory---he is called the prince of this world. It is an assumption based on what is said here. If Satan is the prince of this world, what makes you think this gathering isn't a council of representatives of other worlds? Certainly makes more sense than they are spirit children of God---us before we were born--nothing to suggest that. When God wants His own child, He has one--of His own substance, and He chose to have only One, Jesus, who was always with Him from everlasting to everlasting. He doesn't have "spirit children" with some non-existing wife.
OK God created people on other worlds, which the scriptures are silent about, and they all met in a grand council, which the scriptures are silent about, with satan representing this world. (satan was there, but was he representing the people of Earth?
OR
God created spirit children, which the scriptures tell us is true. And it was these spirit children that Job 38:7 calls the stars of heaven and the sons of God. They were in council with God, their Father.

Interesting choice, don't you think?

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
So when mmksparbud says that the 'sons of God' in Job 38:7 are representatives of other worlds, that is her personal belief and not an SDA doctrine?

They believe they are before God, but do not visit earth. This is because they haven't fallen, and earth has.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Do these sons of God eventually come to earth?

Their planet or wherever they are has not fallen, so they must already have a perfect place, just as we will later. Maybe they'll visit - I don't know. They are just not aliens with UFO's today. I know Mormons believe aliens are demons too.

You do know that I don't believe in other worlds don't you? I'm just repeating what I grew up with. I believe the sons of God are angels, both kinds. Frankly, I don't think about it. If other places exist, we'll find out later. We've got enough to concern ourselves with on this fallen garbage dump.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
OK God created people on other worlds, which the scriptures are silent about, and they all met in a grand council, which the scriptures are silent about, with satan representing this world. (satan was there, but was he representing the people of Earth?
OR
God created spirit children, which the scriptures tell us is true. And it was these spirit children that Job 38:7 calls the stars of heaven and the sons of God. They were in council with God, their Father.

Interesting choice, don't you think?

Job is not silent. The real scriptures do not say that we existed before being born. Not one verse.

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
Job 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Job 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
Job 2:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

There was purpose here for this gathering ---to present themselves before the Lord. No one knows for certain what that means. It is for certain that Satan is called the prince of this world.

Eph_2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Joh_12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Joh_14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
Joh_16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

You guyus love making up stories---at least with this one---there is something behind it---pre-existence is not mentioned in the bible----the real scriptures. Your scriptures are not the real scriptures.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Do these sons of God eventually come to earth?

Only angels come to this earth. They were created specifically to be messengers of God. Unfallen worlds do not step foot on this planet---we are, for want of better terminology, quarantined---we are a diseased planet. The disease is sin. Though all created beings are sons of God, angels are their own special category.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.