Not open for further replies.

Eccl12and13

Jul 23, 2007
✟15,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok........Now let's read a few scriptures with the understanding of who we are actully dealing with.

Let's look at the very first verse, in the first book of the Bible, Genesis.

So now when you read, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." according to the FACTS we just read, who was it that created the heaven and the earth? You got it, it was THE WORD!!! And we know the Word was God because we just proved it with scripture. And again in vs. 3 when it says, "And God said, Let there be light..." once again, it was THE WORD. Can you see where this is going...? I hope you can. Like I said in part 1, this may go against all that you have been taught, but as you can see, this is not Ray speaking, I'm just letting the scriptures interpret themselves. Let's look further:

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image.....The Word!!!

Ex 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM.....The Word!!!

Ex31:13 Verily my Sabbaths you shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout you generations.... The Word!!!!

Lev 11:1-2 (1) And the Lord spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them, (2) Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, these are the beast which ye shall eat among all the beast that are on the earth. The Word!!!

Ex 20:1-4 [1] And God spake all these words, saying,
[2] I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
[3] Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
[4] Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
[5] Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
[6] And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
[7] Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
[8] Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
[9] Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
[10] But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
[11] For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
[12] Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
[13] Thou shalt not kill.
[14] Thou shalt not commit adultery.
[15] Thou shalt not steal.
[16] Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
[17] Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Sounds like I've heard those LAWS before. Well guess who was the one who gave them to us....you guessed it.....THE WORD!!!

Now I'm not sure how many scriptures it will take to convince you of this, (And to be honest, it is not up to me but up to God. He will decide if the vail will be lifted from your eyes.), but here are a few more just incase you need more.....

Let' go back to the OT and find out who led the children of Israel in the wilderness:

Ex 13:21-22

21] And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:
[22] He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

Now let's go to the NT and find out what Paul had to say about the journey their fathers took out of the land of Egypt.

Cor 10: 1-4

[1] Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
[2] And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
[3] And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
[4] And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

So what the Apostle Paul is saying here is that the same God that followed the children of Israel around was Christ. (Side note: So who is the True Rock of the church? Do you think God would share his title with anyone else....say....like.....Peter. Once again another lesson.) Let's search some more.

Let's go back into the OT and examine a conversation Moses was having with God:

Ex 32:31-33

[31] And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.
[32] Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.
[33] And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Now let's go to the NT in the book of Revelation to see who it is that will be blotting names out of the Book of Life;

Rev3:5

5] He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. (This is in RED in the Bible, so we all know who's speaking here.....The Word!!!)

So we find that the God Moses asked in the OT to blot his name out of the Book of Life is Jesus Christ. Let's find more proof.

(Side note: Pay very close attention to what you just read. According to GOD himself, it is possible that a name can be in the Book of Life(SAVED), and then removed (NOT SAVED)!!!! Or you kidding me....I was taught, "Once saved ALWAYS Saved." WOW!!!! Someone must have skipped this verse big time....THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE READING HERE!!!!! A NAME CAN BE REMOVED FROM THE BOOK OF LIFE!!!!! Now I see why Paul was scared of being himself a cast away. Once again another lesson!!!)

In this next passage of the OT, Abraham is asking the Lord to spare the city of Sodom.

Gen 18: 24-25

[24] Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
[25] That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Now let's find out who it is that will judge the world and who gave him the authority to do it.

John 5:22, 26-27

[22] For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
[26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
[27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

So it appears that both Moses and Abraham knew who it was they were speaking to. In fact, Jesus goes on to say in John 8:56-58,

[56] Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
[57] Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
[58] Jesus said unto them, Verily,verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Well there you have it. I don't know what else to say other than...Prove it for yourselves. I did, that's why I know who it is I serve. I tell you one thing...reading the OT now is quite a bit different now that I know who it was that was talking. And speaking of the OT, here's one more verse I think you should read.....

Now this is God talking, telling of what will be in the last days....pay attention, pay real close attention.

Zech 12:10

[10] And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Now this is God speaking here. The God of the Old Testament. And whom is it that the Lord say they shall look upon...? It is Him....Yes....the same one that said these words will be the same ones that is pierced and is mourned over like an only son.

There is one more thing I would like to add. Now that we know who gave the Laws, the one question I have is, why would Jesus do away with all that he told us to live by in the OT?

After all, we now know that the same Jesus that said in Matt 3:4, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.",......is the same person that said in Deut 8:3 "....that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live."

Now think about this.....The NT was not complete until 30-90 years after the death of Christ, so the only scriptures man had at the time were the OT, which contained all the commandments of God.

The OT is so complete, in fact, the Paul goes on to tell Timothy the following, II Tim 3:15

"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Jesus Christ."

Wow, that is quite a statement. I wonder if most Christians realize that salvation could be obtained by searching the pages of the Old Testament? They would if they knew that the God of the OT was the same God that died for all of our sins.

After all, the one commom theme found throughout the entire Bible, Old and New Testaments is this, found in Deut 6:5, "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.", and again he says it in Matt 22:37, Jesus said unto him, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."

And how do we show our love to God? Jesus tells us in John 14:21, "He that hath my commandments, AND KEEPTH THEM, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and I will manifest myself to him."

"Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, and today, and for ever." Heb 13:8

That scripture should take on a whole new meaning.

Peace unto you.

damo73

Oct 16, 2006
Adelaide
✟7,716.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
Just to let every one know what this guy really believes read the following points
* The LDS Church is the only true church. The Lord told Joseph Smith personally that all other churches are an "abomination." Any non-Mormon church is automatically part of the "church of the devil." No other church has the valid priesthood. The devil has even made a pact with many Christian pastors to teach Christian doctrines about the Trinity and salvation by grace. But in public we say that all religions are good and have some truth.
* There are many gods. We deal with three of these distinct gods from the council of the gods: Elohim, Jehovah, and the Holy Ghost.
* God, the Father,was once a man like us. His name is Elohim, and he had a literal father before him. (That means there is a god even higher than God the Father!)
* We can progress to become gods of our own worlds just like the god Elohim.
* Jesus is the brother of the devil, not his creator.
* Jesus was not born of a virgin. Elohim had sexual relations with his daughter, Mary, to bring about the conception of Jesus.
* (Not all Mormons are familiar with this teaching.) We are not permitted to pray to Jesus, but only to another god named Elohim.
* Celestial heaven is near a star called Kolob.
* The Bible contains doctrinal errors.
* Polygamy is an eternal principle. Mormons still believe in polygamy, but just can't practice it right now.
* Black people were cursed with their black skin because of their inferiority in the pre-existent life.
* Native American Indians are really Israelites who were cursed with red skin because of their sin.
* The current prophet, Gordon B. Hinkley, is a prophet in exactly the same sense as Moses or Ezekiel in the Bible. He has authority to write new scripture.
* The first LDS prophet, Joseph Smith, saw God the Father in the flesh.
* Adam did not sin when he ate of the forbidden fruit, but was merely choosing to obey a contradictory command from Jehovah.
* Jesus shed his blood to offer us the potential to be forgiven if we successfully stop our sins permanently.
* We cannot be saved (forgiven) by grace alone through faith alone.
* Secret temple rituals where one learns secret names and secret handshakes contribute to one's exaltation in the celestial kingdom. No non-Mormon is worthy to go inside a dedicated temple.
* No one who pays less than 10% of their income to the LDS Church is allowed inside a functioning temple.
* It is possible to eventually become perfect by progressing a little bit at a time through eternal progression.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.