✟8,473.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
come on guys, R2D2 all the way
  1. without him they would be seriously stuffed
  2. he fixes ships
  3. adds character to the movies and books, come on if he wasn't there no one would watch it
  4. He is just cool
  5. doesn't need a glowing lightsabed to kick but
Come on, why does no one understand R2D2's significants?

Upvote 0
D

DanielJamesSimon

Texmex's friend said:
I am the Chosen one!.lol

I think Anakin was the chosen one, yet his destiny was not to become a jedi, rather just to some how kill the emperor, maybe as a pilot?
Or maybe by throwing him over the railing down that pit thingie on the Death Star when he's in the middle of zapping Luke.

Laurye said:
Luke is the chosen one, as he is both jedi and sith.
Luke is Sith? Is that in one of the books?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
D

DanielJamesSimon

Laurye said:
It's in Return of the Jedi. He force chokes. Only Siths can force choke, not Jedi's.
Hrm... I have watched RotJ so many times, and I can't for the life of me think of when Luke force chokes. Someone please refresh my memory!

Also, even if it's true - why can only Sith force choke? Why can't Jedi? Is that in the books?

Upvote 0

texmex

I'm marching to a different accordian
Feb 8, 2005
In my house
✟19,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
DanielJamesSimon said:
Hrm... I have watched RotJ so many times, and I can't for the life of me think of when Luke force chokes. Someone please refresh my memory!

Also, even if it's true - why can only Sith force choke? Why can't Jedi? Is that in the books?

I can't think of when he does it either. I think it's time to rewatch it.

Upvote 0

WhirlwindMonk

D Knight - Master of Zefiris
Mar 6, 2005
A little city in Micigan during breaks and Grove C
Visit site
✟16,987.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
texmex said:
I can't think of when he does it either. I think it's time to rewatch it.

When he goes to see jabba the hutt, he force chokes the two pig guards (i can't remember what they are called) when they try to stop him from proceeding.

Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
To choke is an offensive move or power, Jedi believe in defensive only
Not necesarily, force choking someone attacking you, in defense of others, etc. is no more an offensive action than cutting them half with a lightsabre. And Jedi do not believe in defense only. Whre do you get that idea?

Sith and Dark Jedi are the only one that can use the force to harm others

Which is why Yoda throws those Senate floaty-things at the Emperor using the Force? And remember how he knocks out those two red guards using the Force when he confronts the emperor before the senate chair throwing scene? Was Yoda a Dark Jedi?

Is there some technicality that it is Dark to use the Force alone to harm others, lightning, choking, etc. but it is Light to use the Force indirectly to harm others by throwing things, improving speed/strength/skills, lightsabre fighting, etc.?

If the Jedi are not allowed to use the Force to harm others, what use is the Force to them, except to do Mace Windu's lighting blocking thing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.