Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
i think is not jesus because he doesnt die
so who is this anointed

It likely refers to Judas Maccabeus, the leader of the Jewish revolt against Antiochus IV Epiphanes. The book of I Maccabees tells the entire story.

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It likely refers to Judas Maccabeus, the leader of the Jewish revolt against Antiochus IV Epiphanes. The book of I Maccabees tells the entire story.

Judas wasn't cut off from the land of the living before the 2nd prince came and destroyed the Holy City (when the sacrifices and oblations would cease). In the Jesus scenario He was cut off (Isaiah 53:8-10) and they have never been re-instituted (in other words they ceased).

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Judas wasn't cut off from the land of the living before the 2nd prince came and destroyed the Holy City (when the sacrifices and oblations would cease). In the Jesus scenario He was cut off (Isaiah 53:8-10) and they have never been re-instituted (in other words they ceased).

The sacrifices ceased under Antiochus IV Epiphanes. He went so far as to sacrifice a sow on the altar as a means of defiling it. Antiochus also prohibited the Jews from observing their holy days, i.e., he "changed times and seasons". He waa also one of the four horns of Daniel.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i think is not jesus because he doesnt die
so who is this anointed

There is no Daniel Chapter 20. What scripture (chapter and verse) are you referring to?

Yes, Jesus lives now forever, but no, Jesus was dead. He says "I was dead, and behold, I am alive forever more" (Revelation 1:18)

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
yes daniel 9:25 , in niv bible the anointed one appears with capital letters, "Anointed"

Cyrus is a good bet, it was Cyrus who let the Jews return and rebuild the Temple. In Isaiah Cyrus is called "My messiah" or "My anointed". The word "messiah" can be used generically, since it literally only means "anointed"; all kings and priests were "messiahs" in a generic sense. As distinct from THE Messiah, the specific individual who would come as Israel's redeemer, which as Christians we obviously believe to be Jesus.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yes daniel 9:25 , in niv bible the anointed one appears with capital letters, "Anointed"

"i think is not jesus because he doesnt die
so who is this anointed"

Daniel 20
King James

24Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. 25Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Many translations and bible tools here: www.biblehub.com

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The remarkable thing about Daniel's prophecy is that it was fulfilled right down to the very day that Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the donkey. If we can date Daniel's prophecy to give the BC date, then we can know the exact date when Jesus rode into Jerusalem. Dave Hunt has done that, and I find his teaching on it amazing because it proves beyond doubt that the Bible is the true Word of God.

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The sacrifices ceased under Antiochus IV Epiphanes. He went so far as to sacrifice a sow on the altar as a means of defiling it. Antiochus also prohibited the Jews from observing their holy days, i.e., he "changed times and seasons". He waa also one of the four horns of Daniel.

Yes but see the OP....Judas did not die before Antiochus came and once defeated the sacrifices were restored...therefore Judas could not be the anointed one spoken of in Daniel 9 and thus Antiochus cannot be the one referred to...it is all about the sequence of events

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums