Who is smarter? Democrats or Republicans?

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't understand why it matters if we know what the CEO of Yahoo looks like?

I don't know that it matters, actually--for my part, it's more like I knew who everyone *else* looked like ^_^ Process of elimination.

Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am complaining only because I got the question wrong :D

It does seem to be a very frequently missed question. ^_^ Nevertheless, I am sure those same people know what Larry Page looks like. No? I don't ^_^ or didn't until I googled it...

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It does seem to be a very frequently missed question. ^_^ Nevertheless, I am sure those same people know what Larry Page looks like. No? I don't ^_^ or didn't until I googled it...

There, now we all, who are reading this thread, do.
images

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here are two articles I found; one of them suggests democrats and the other republicans.

Who’s Smarter? Republicans and Democrats In Congress | Psychology Today
Highlighting studies that show democratic congressmen to be smarter and democratic voters to be smarter (by smarter, simply just means higher IQ)

Republicans More Educated & Informed, Higher Political IQ, per Liberal Pew Poll

Some quiz by the pew research center where republicans outperformed democrats on answering questions on politics.

Here is the actual quiz, I got 10/13. Missing the question on who was the CEO of Yahoo and the quiz on what all the highlighted states have in common and the dow jones quiz.

The News IQ Quiz | Pew Research Center

What do you think?
Got any other studies of democrat vs. republican iq that I can look at?
1. Correlation does not imply causation.

(a). Spurious correlations
PRJk5Ql.png

(b). Incorrect conclusions
Did you know that on average, students that receive tutoring achieve lower test scores than students that do not receive tutoring? If you were to draw the conclusion that tutoring causes reduced test scores, you would be incorrect. Rather, the students who are already doing well in a class do not seek out a tutor.​
2. Intelligence and Education are not the same thing
3. Don't try to use statistics to show that one political party is dumber than another.
IQ scores don't prove superiority. If we were to analyze the IQ scores of white Americans and black Americans, there is a disparity. The average score of a black American is lower...this difference isn't genetic.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Did you know that' Google's Page Rank algorithm used to rank the relevance of pages was named after Larry Page?

I had always thought the Page in Page rank referred to "webpage".

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here are two articles I found; one of them suggests democrats and the other republicans.

Who’s Smarter? Republicans and Democrats In Congress | Psychology Today
Highlighting studies that show democratic congressmen to be smarter and democratic voters to be smarter (by smarter, simply just means higher IQ)

I find this bogus on a lot of levels. A) Psychology Today is very liberal. B) Just because a Democratic congressman went to an elite Ivy League school is in no way indicative of intelligence. It really means that they came from wealthy background or found a way to get in and were well indoctinated. It's no secret that institutions of higher learning are hotbeds of leftist thinking. They always have been. That's why I voted for Jimmy Carter. C) Consider that the vast majority of black and hispanic are not well-educated (which I'm sure is the republicans fault) and vote democrat. D) You can use any yardstick you want to measure "intelligence" to arrive at the consclusion you're after.

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube

Idiots who voted for Obama - YouTube

Obama voters!

http://gulagbound.com/35139/republi...med-higher-political-iq-per-liberal-pew-poll/
http://gulagbound.com/35139/republi...med-higher-political-iq-per-liberal-pew-poll/

Right. Because republicans know the the president doesn't give you phones or pay for your mortgage.

Here is the actual quiz, I got 10/13. Missing the question on who was the CEO of Yahoo and the quiz on what all the highlighted states have in common and the dow jones quiz.

The News IQ Quiz | Pew Research Center

What do you think?
Got any other studies of democrat vs. republican iq that I can look at

100% but I don't think this is necessarily a defining quiz. Most American's can't even name 4 SCOTUS judges or the 3 branches of government.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
1. Correlation does not imply causation.
(a). Spurious correlations
PRJk5Ql.png

(b). Incorrect conclusions
Did you know that on average, students that receive tutoring achieve lower test scores than students that do not receive tutoring? If you were to draw the conclusion that tutoring causes reduced test scores, you would be incorrect. Rather, the students who are already doing well in a class do not seek out a tutor.
2. Intelligence and Education are not the same thing
3. Don't try to use statistics to show that one political party is dumber than another.
IQ scores don't prove superiority. If we were to analyze the IQ scores of white Americans and black Americans, there is a disparity. The average score of a black American is lower...this difference isn't genetic.

RE 1a.

My grad school econ prof made the comment that based on correlation economic stimulus programs are a dismal failure.

He then continued on to point out that no one ever tries an economic stimulus package when the economy is booming.

It has been decades since I trusted IQ tests. That pretty much started when I realize how common 'what is the next number in this series' questions are and how easy they are if you know a few methods of attacking such problems. If someone taught you the methods it does not show you are smart. If you figured them out yourself you are smarter than the test makers and your score depends more on you caring and being willing to give the official answer rather than the right answer.

Just to make it clear, I score very well on IQ tests and near perfect on 'next number' questions.

Upvote 0