Baton Rouge, Louisiana
✟15,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This subject has really been weighing on me. I am a believer of the pre-trib rapture, but I'm not sure I will be raptured!

Luke

{21:34} And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Who will be accounted worthy to ESCAPE the tribulation? Will ALL of the children escape, or only children of a certain age or of only believers in Christ Jesus? What of those conceived one second AFTER the rapture? I pray with all my heart that my family, my brothers and sisters in Christ, and I are all accounted worthy... But how can I be sure if there are those left behind that know Jesus as well?

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matt 25:“At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep. 6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’
7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’
9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’
10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.
11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’
12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’
13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

2Cr 1:22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

2Cr 5:5 Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Eph 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
Eph 1:14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory.

Upvote 0

Jon David

Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
✟7,839.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you're saved, you're going.

I don't care if you're a carnal Christian. I don't care if you're lying drunk in the gutter when Lord Jesus appears.

If you're saved, you're going... end of story.

If you're NOT saved, if you have NO OIL (Matthew 25:3), then you're stuck here.

Upvote 0

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you're saved, you're going.

I don't care if you're a carnal Christian. I don't care if you're lying drunk in the gutter when Lord Jesus appears.

If you're saved, you're going... end of story.

If you're NOT saved, if you have NO OIL (Matthew 25:3), then you're stuck here.

Salvation = immortality when Christ appears.

The indwelling of the Spirit is the deposit guaranteeing our coming salvation.

Even the foolish virgins believed in Christ (because they were waiting for him) but they didn't have the Holy Spirit (oil).

You MUST have the Holy Spirit!!!!

Act 19:2 and asked them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" They answered, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."

Upvote 0

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you both :)

What about children?... Unborn, newborn, toddlers? I have the image in my head of millions upon millions of little children being ripped away from their parents who have not been saved.

Joel 2:15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:
16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.

Mat 18:10 "See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

Hbr 1:14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Thank you both :)

What about children?... Unborn, newborn, toddlers? I have the image in my head of millions upon millions of little children being ripped away from their parents who have not been saved.

there would need to be continuous raptures, to take out the toddlers.. thats one of the reasons why the rapture isnt true.
and then there'd need to be raptures to take out those saved after the first rapture. as they would be just as worthy to be raptured out as anyone else.
the tribulation wouldnt convert anyone, except for these wonderful 144000 jewish virgins who somehow manage to convert people.. why? no idea.
the whole scenario is as silly as those left behind films.

Upvote 0

JoyT86

I Love Jesus!
Mar 18, 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
✟15,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, hiscosmicgoldfish I don't find the scenario "silly" at all. Why would there need to be continuous raptures? I find it in scripture, and I believe it to be God's word. You don't believe that there may be some "on the fence" people out there that would indeed be saved during the tribulation? I do. God bless. I wasn't trying to start a debate on whether or not the rapture was imminent.. This question was directed to those who believe it to be true.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This subject has really been weighing on me. I am a believer of the pre-trib rapture, but I'm not sure I will be raptured!

Luke

{21:34} And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Who will be accounted worthy to ESCAPE the tribulation? Will ALL of the children escape, or only children of a certain age or of only believers in Christ Jesus? What of those conceived one second AFTER the rapture? I pray with all my heart that my family, my brothers and sisters in Christ, and I are all accounted worthy... But how can I be sure if there are those left behind that know Jesus as well?

Dispensationalism, False Teachings!

Hopefully this will better help you understand the time and future resurrection and catching up of the righteous?

No Literal Thousand Years, No Millenial Kingdom, NO Pre-Trib Rapture, No Multiple Resurrections

2 Timothy 4:1 KJV
I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

There will be one resurrection of the believer, old and new testament, this was taught by Jesus Christ, as seen in Daniel 12:1-2, Matthew 24:29-31, 1 Cor 15:52-55, John 6:40, John 11:23-24, and John 5:28-29 KJV, this resurrection and catching up will take place "Immediately after the tribulation" at the "Last Trumph" or voice of the "7th angel", on the "Last Day" of physical earths history.

"Last Day" "Last Trumph" death is swallowed up in victory, "Immediately After the Tribulation,"THE END"!

1 Cor 15:52-54 KJV
52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Matthew 24:29-31 KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Daniel 12:1-2 KJV
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 6:40 KJV
40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 11:23-24 KJV
23Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
24Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

John 5:28-29 KJV
28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

On the "Last Day" "Last Trump" the heavens and earth will be dissolved by the Lords fire 2 Peter 3:10-13, all mens works will be tried by this fire 1 Cor 3:13, the saved believer will pass through this fire to the eternal kingdom "New Jerusalem" Revelation 21:1-3, we are to look for a new heaven and earth!

2 Peter 3:10-13 KJV
10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

1 Corinthians 3:13 KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Revelation 21:1-3 KJV
1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

The Order of Events on The "LAST DAY" or "LAST TRUMPH"

1. Appearing of Jesus Christ, Glorius in the heavens, immediately after the tribulation. 1 Cor 15:52-55, Matthew 24:29-31, Daniel 12:1-2
2. Then the "FIRST" resurrection and catching up of the believers, old and new testament Daniel 12:1-2, Matthew 24:29-31, 1 Cor 15:52-55, John 6:40, John 11:23-24, and John 5:28-29.
3. Then the "SECOND" resurrection unto damnation, lake of fire Daniel 12:1-2, John 5:28-29.
4. Then the heavens and earth are disolved in firey judgement, 2 Peter 3:10-13, 1 Cor 3:13 , every man's work will be judged by this fire, the believer will pass through the fire, Zech 13:7-9
5. Then the "New Heavens, Earth, and "New Jerusalem" are revealed for eternity Rev 21:1-3

"All In The Twinkling Of An Eye" on the "Last Day"!!!!!!!!!!

Thousand not Literal, A day is a Thousand years in the spiritual, "Not Literal"!

2 Peter 3:8 KJV
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Thousand not literal, the Lord owns the cattle upon all hills, "millions", "billions" "not literal"!

Psalm 50:10 KJV
For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

The saints seen in Rev chapter 20 KJV are in the spiritual realm with the Lord, "they have already came out of great tribulation", the word "thousand" is not literal, and represents a long period of time in the physical world or a season, "they should rest yet for a little season" .

We clearly see the teaching from Daniel 12:1-2 and John 5:28-28, John 6:40, John 11:23-34 that the resurrection was on the "Last Day" how does Rev 20:4-6 KJV fit into Gods truth, of this "Last Day"?

No Millenial Kingdom On Earth for a "Thousand Years" Revelation 20:4-6 KJV

Rev 20:4 KJV The thrones would be that of God and Jesus, this would also show that they are the saints that have came out of the time of Jacobs trouble or great tribulation , that have died and are dead or sleeping in Jesus Christ, "they have not been resurrected" or received their glorified bodies, they are spiritual bodies, "Souls", these same "Souls" are also seen in Rev 16:9-11 KJV, they are waiting for vengenance on the wicked on earth, "they should rest yet for a little season", that will be seen at the "Last Day" after the tribulation, in Firey judgement 2 Peter 3:10-12 KJV, and their eternal resurrected bodies will then be received, 1 Cor 15:52-55 KJV, in the "First resurrection unto life" John 5:28-29 KJV.

"FIRST RESURRECTION LIFE", "SECOND RESURRECTION DAMNATION" John 5:28-29 KJV

Rev 20:5 KJV The rest of the dead would be all others old and new testament that are dead or sleeping in Jesus Christ, that are'nt depicted as coming out of the "Great Tribulation" as seen in Rev 20:4 KJV, they have not received their glorified bodies, and they will "LIVE AGAIN" after the resurrection to eternal "LIFE", just as the tribulation saints seen in Rev 20:4 will, they are not living with resurrected bodies, they are dead or sleeping in Jesus Christ, they will have part in the "First Resurrection" as Rev 20:6 states, but the "Last Day" has'nt come yet.

Rev 20:6 KJV This verse shows "all believers" tribulation saints, and old and new testament believers that will "hath part in the first resurrection" they are blessed to be in the "FIRST" resurrection, as seen in John 5:28-29 KJV and Daniel 12:1-2 KJV, the "SECOND" resurrection will be unto eternal damnation, both resurrections will be on the "Last Day" when "death is swallowed up in victory".

Revelation 20:4-6 KJV
4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The same "Souls" as are seen in Revelation 20:4 KJV, they have not received their glorified bodies, that will be seen on the "Last Day" after the tribulation, at the "ONLY" resurrection of all believers, old and new testament.

Rev 16:9-11 KJV
9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

The same saints seen in Rev 20:4-6 KJV and Rev 16:9-11 KJV are seen now Rev 7:14 in the eternal kingdom before the throne of God, same saints that overcame, "NOT SOULS".

Revelation 7:13-15 KJV
13And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Appearance, Judgement, Eternal Kingdom, On The "Last Day"!

2 Timothy 4:1 KJV
I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Jesus Christ Is the Lord!

Truth7t7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, hiscosmicgoldfish I don't find the scenario "silly" at all. Why would there need to be continuous raptures? I find it in scripture, and I believe it to be God's word. You don't believe that there may be some "on the fence" people out there that would indeed be saved during the tribulation? I do. God bless. I wasn't trying to start a debate on whether or not the rapture was imminent.. This question was directed to those who believe it to be true.

Those "foolish virgins" who weren't ready will be imprisoned and killed for choosing to believe after we're gone. Those who die will be resurrected and judged by their works (Rev 14/Rev 20) in the first resurrection and judgment by works of the millennium. They will be allowed to be a part of the church.

So, even if a person isn't ready when God gathers us to heaven, if they die for believing in Jesus during the time of wrath, they will be rewarded with immortality at the first resurrection after Jesus has destroyed the wicked.

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative

thats another problem with the rapture snapture theory.. who is worthy to be taken? the rapture theory is closely linked to dispensationalism, the jews are supposed to be another dispensation after the christians have gone. dosn't really matter if they believe or not, according to john hagee.

there would need to be continuous raptures.. if the toddlers are taken, as according to the rapturists, then why wouldnt the toddlers after the rapture need to be taken? what makes them any different?

Upvote 0

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
thats another problem with the rapture snapture theory.. who is worthy to be taken? the rapture theory is closely linked to dispensationalism, the jews are supposed to be another dispensation after the christians have gone. dosn't really matter if they believe or not, according to john hagee.

there would need to be continuous raptures.. if the toddlers are taken, as according to the rapturists, then why wouldnt the toddlers after the rapture need to be taken? what makes them any different?

You seem to be under the misapprehension that there will be babies born during the time of wrath. And if there are, Isaiah 13 makes clear what happens to them.

How will there be babies born when people are dying all over the earth?

Isa 13:12 I will make people scarcer than pure gold, more rare than the gold of Ophir.

Upvote 0

Purple Hyacinth

John 3:16
Mar 8, 2013
San Fran Bay Area
✟7,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have had these exact questions!!! I have two teenage daughters who were raised Christian and I homeschooled them. They accepted Jesus into their hearts when they were both under 10 years old.

We then moved to a very Liberal area and they go to public school. They still tell me that they have "Jesus in their hearts" but don't like to pray, go to Church etc... Typical teenagers I guess.

My youngest daughter used to read this little book about Jesus and would literally start to cry because she said she loved Jesus SO MUCH!

but now I wonder since we stopped going to Church as much as we used to when we lived in a Conservative area are they still saved????

I kinda bug them telling them they need to have Jesus in their hearts and ask for forgiveness of sins and realize Jesus died on the cross for us, etc...but they get tired of me nagging them.

I know they BELIEVE and my oldest even gets sad when people/kids at her school dismiss Jesus. It's like she is defending Him.

Again, are they still saved even though they don't act like "me"...which may be a good thing?? LOL

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
You seem to be under the misapprehension that there will be babies born during the time of wrath.

How will there be babies born when people are dying all over the earth?

people have war babies. i am not convinced that it is a time of wrath, it is a great tribulation, similar to ww1 and 2.
i dont think that people in the US are to be judged because they voted for the antichrist, there was nothing anyone could do, mitt romney was probably just as bad, with his anti-iran talk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Purple Hyacinth

Mar 8, 2013
San Fran Bay Area
✟7,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Salvation = immortality when Christ appears.

The indwelling of the Spirit is the deposit guaranteeing our coming salvation.

Even the foolish virgins believed in Christ (because they were waiting for him) but they didn't have the Holy Spirit (oil).

You MUST have the Holy Spirit!!!!

Act 19:2 and asked them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" They answered, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."
Isn't it true that when you become a Christian, believe with your heart, say the sinners prayer, etc...and "feel" it, you do have the Holy Spirit? Even if you were a toddler, but now older, still believe etc...but not on "fire" for Jesus so to speak?

Upvote 0

Purple Hyacinth

Mar 8, 2013
San Fran Bay Area
✟7,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
people have war babies. i am not convinced that it is a time of wrath, it is a great tribulation, similar to ww1 and 2.
i dont think that people in the US are to be judged because they voted for the antichrist, there was nothing anyone could do, mitt romney was probably just as bad, with his anti-iran talk.
Are you saying Obama is the A/C?

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Are you saying Obama is the A/C?

yes. i believe so. the other day i was asking God to reveal stuff to me about the antichrist, and i went and opened the bible at random, as i sometimes do. the bible opened at a description of Judas. i saw a video, where a woman had a dream about Obama, and Obama kissed her on the cheek, she asked God what the dream meant, and God revealed that it was about Judas, the son of perdition. the only other son of perdition mentioned in the bible, is the antichrist.

Upvote 0

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have had these exact questions!!! I have two teenage daughters who were raised Christian and I homeschooled them. They accepted Jesus into their hearts when they were both under 10 years old.

We then moved to a very Liberal area and they go to public school. They still tell me that they have "Jesus in their hearts" but don't like to pray, go to Church etc... Typical teenagers I guess.

My youngest daughter used to read this little book about Jesus and would literally start to cry because she said she loved Jesus SO MUCH!

but now I wonder since we stopped going to Church as much as we used to when we lived in a Conservative area are they still saved????

I kinda bug them telling them they need to have Jesus in their hearts and ask for forgiveness of sins and realize Jesus died on the cross for us, etc...but they get tired of me nagging them.

I know they BELIEVE and my oldest even gets sad when people/kids at her school dismiss Jesus. It's like she is defending Him.

Again, are they still saved even though they don't act like "me"...which may be a good thing?? LOL

Isn't it true that when you become a Christian, believe with your heart, say the sinners prayer, etc...and "feel" it, you do have the Holy Spirit? Even if you were a toddler, but now older, still believe etc...but not on "fire" for Jesus so to speak?

Children are gathered with their believing parents and possibly even the children of unbelieving parents!

Joel 2:15 Blow the trumpet in Zion,
declare a holy fast,
call a sacred assembly.
16 Gather the people,
consecrate the assembly;
bring together the elders,
gather the children, those nursing at the breast.
Let the bridegroom leave his room
and the bride her chamber.

Mat 18:10 "See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.
Hbr 1:14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Upvote 0

JoyT86

I Love Jesus!
Mar 18, 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
✟15,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Half of the country didn't vote for Obama, myself included. I don't believe him to be the anti-Christ either. Also- Comparing the wrath of our Lord and the tribulation to a mere war, is just flat out wrong. It will be something this world has never witnessed before.

Upvote 0