USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
In fighting to give a voice to the powerless, why do people on the Left have such little regard for the most powerless among us, the unborn? It boggles the mind that this is not a "Progressive" issue.

May we face judgement and claim these babies are not our neighbors? If we are aware of their plight, are we not guilty for not doing all we can to protect them from harm?

Last edited:

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In fighting to give a voice to the powerless, why do people on the Left have such little regard for the most powerless among us, the unborn? It boggles the mind that this is not a "Progressive" issue.

May we face judgement and claim these babies are not our neighbors? If we are aware of their plight, are we not guilty for not doing all we can to protect them from harm?
When Jesus addressed "Who is my neighbor" He painted a picture of a helpless man on the street beaten.

Are not humans in the womb as vulnerable as the man laying in the street helpless?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus addressed "Who is my neighbor" He painted a picture of a helpless man on the street beaten.

Are not humans in the womb as vulnerable as the man laying in the street helpless?

The man in question was beaten, maybe into a semiconscious state. He was as vulnerable as a baby in a PP facility.

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What matters foremost is who we are. Our identity forms what we think about neighbors. Are we a neighbor who renders help when help is needed; or do we get stuck in the bog floundering over questions about who, when, where, and how we're supposed to help others.

In Christ we are forgiven and have a new life by the Spirit. We are saved to fellowship with God and love others. On our path with Jesus we encounter real people, with real struggles and needs. It is we who are different, not them. Each of them is an opportunity for us to be who we are in Christ. It is a divine call to us. Follow the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

At the time and place of His choosing, God will judge everyone with perfect justice.

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
In fighting to give a voice to the powerless, why do people on the Left have such little regard for the most powerless among us, the unborn?

IMO, it's because the Left is opposed to Christianity in favor of worldliness. They want to do whatever they want and don't want God limiting their freedom.

I agree with you but I don't think anyone on the Left cares about what God thinks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Give a voice to the ones in the predicament too. Not just the unborn.
Hi BCP, the "ones in the predicament" certainly INCLUDE the unborn. Unlike their parents however, they have no say-so, no "voice" in the circumstance in which they find themselves (a circumstance which for them, unlike their parents, is always a matter of life and death).

Yours and His,
David

"A baby is cradled / carried in the womb of it's mother, to grow and be nurtured until birth. Each baby is a wholly separate person from it's mother: With different DNA, different fingerprints, with possibly a different blood type or the opposite sex. The baby is a person living within a person and not "the mother's body". The mom is appointed to care for the separate life she carries within her and once it's born, find a home for her baby, if she can't provide one." -- Melody Green

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Whomever your "heart goes out too" so to speak...

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Abortion is such a sensitive issue, anyone who suggests there just might be an exception to the rule is howled down as a baby killer.
Maybe I should join the majority and take the high moral ground as well. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Abortion is such a sensitive issue, anyone who suggests there just be an exception to the rule is howled down as a baby killer.
Except, that would not be the true moral high ground... That is part of the deception (of self-righteousness)...

• Agree
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Abortion is such a sensitive issue, anyone who suggests there just might be an exception to the rule is howled down as a baby killer.
Hi again BCP, as are any who would dare to suggest that there should be any limits of any kind placed on this deadly practice (which has cost the lives of nearly 1.5 Billion unborn children since 1980 .. Number of Abortions in US & Worldwide - Number of abortions since 1973).

There's no question that the lives of many of the unintentionally pregnant would be inconvenienced for a time if abortion was restricted (or made completely unavailable to all for whom it was not medically necessary). Of course, an aborted child is facing something far worse and far more permanent than a temporary inconvenience! The fact is, an aborted child will never have a life to inconvenience, or to do anything else with, because abortion will end his/her life before it even begins :(

I realize that parents who have their unborn children aborted can, in a sense, be considered victims themselves (of the godless governments that sanctioned this horrible practice to begin with, and who continue to assure us that it's okay), which is another reason why abortion for the sake of convenience needs to be ended. Then no one will be victimized by it any longer :oldthumbsup:

--David

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Life" begins at conception...AMEN!

A new bumper sticker in the South:
"yo momma believed in the right to life...dahlin'!

Dr. Seuss' Horton quote:
" A person is a person ...no matter how small!"

What about the SOUL + SPIRIT parts of Man???
Stop the debate over when a fetus becomes a "person" under the US Constitution!

Isaiah 42:5
Thus says God the Lord,
Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
Who spread out the earth and its offspring,
Who gives "breath" to the people on it (Body/Soul)
And SPIRIT to those who walk in it,

Zechariah 12:1B
Thus declares the Lord
who stretches out the heavens,
lays the foundation of the earth, and
forms the SPIRIT of man within him,(Body/Soul)

Exodus 21
22 "If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman
and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury,
the offender must be fined whatever the woman's husband demands and the court allows.
23 But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life,
24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

A Luke 1
41When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb,
and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

A) Here an unborn "fetus" is referred to as a "baby".
The greek word "BREPHOS" refers to a baby, whether he/she is unborn or not.

B. Luke 2:12, the angels announce to the shepherds in the field that they will find the "baby" Jesus wrapped and lying in a manger.

The word "baby" here is "BREPHOS" again.
2) The Bible makes no distinction, and has no separate word for a baby who is UNBORN versus a baby who is BORN.

Psalm 139....For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
13 For you created my inmost being; (spirit and soul)...created in the image (spirit) and likeness (soul/character) of God
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.(body)
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; (body+soul+spirit)
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; (all knowing)
all the days ordained for me (born or unborn?) were written in your book before one of them (days) came to be.

Mark 10 (NIV)....The Little Children and Jesus
13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them.
14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them,
“Let the little children come to me, and do not HINDER them,
for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child (simple faith and trust) will never enter it.”
16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

Isaiah 49 (NIV)
5 And now the LORD says—
he who formed me in the womb
15 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
18 Lift up your eyes and look around;
all your children gather and come to you.
As surely as I live,” declares the LORD,
“you will wear them all as ornaments;
you will put them on, like a bride.

John 16:21
A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come;
but when her baby is born
she forgets the anguish
because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A study into the link between abortion and premature births carried out in finland has alarming results.
see:-http://pjsaunders.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/abortion-and-premature-birth-new.html
The same doctor comments on abortion:-.uk/2014/02/three-out-of-every-ten-human-deaths-in.html

The mark of a civilisation is not how great the monuments are, but how they treat the vunerable.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Give a voice to the ones in the predicament too. Not just the unborn.

The perpetrator? She has the voice. She has the power of life and death in here hands, and she chooses to kill the very life she is meant to nurture.

No, my friend. I won't favor her over a dead child. My sympathy is with the victim, not the perpetrator.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The mark of a civilisation is not how great the monuments are, but how they treat the vunerable.

And, as civilization is made up of individuals, it is also true that, the mark of a man is not how great his monuments are, but how he treats the vunerable.

Upvote 0

Tsquared

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Canada
✟86,933.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

That is a very good question, I've never quite thought of it that way before!

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

There is nothing to laugh at here. No material for jokes. . .

Do you know that by CF rules I can't post pictures of aborted babies here? Don't you think it odd that I can't, if this practice is nothing more than a removal of some tissue? I can't post pictures because they are babies. They are human beings that their own mothers consent to have "doctors" tear limb from limb. Seeing them can lead to no other conclusion, so we kill them in the darkness of the womb. We dare not look upon this in the cold light of day.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
There is nothing to laugh at here. No material for jokes. . .
High horse giddyup! See the untouchables want to bash the daylights out of anyone who dare suggest there are exceptions. Its classic Phariseeism in my view. Probably the worst kind.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.