Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
A certain man asked Jesus about the greatest commandment(s)... Jesus answered with the two (we know)...

Then it says that the man asked Jesus, "Who is my neighbor...?" To which Jesus tells him the parable of the Good Samaritan (that we know)... Then asked the man who made himself neighbor to the man who fell amongst thieves... And the man says "The good Samaritan" Then Jesus said something like: "You also be doing likewise..."

So, "Who is/are our neighbors...?" And, "How do we show them that we Love them, like we love ourselves...? (and God)...?

They are the people who are down and out in life and need a helping hand up, and like the Priest and the Levite, we basically pass these neighbors who were supposed to love by everyday... On our drive to work, we see them, and ignore them and pass them by... When we walk the street even, we avoid them, and don't want them to bother us, often, avoiding that/those parts of town on purpose... Some are begging on a street corner...

They get overlooked by many of us, many of them have become invisible to us...?

How is that loving your neighbor as yourself...?

You should want to do for them, what you would want others to do for you, if you were in that situation or circumstance...

If everyone were taking part in loving our neighbor, as our neighbor is defined here, no one would be down and out for very long anywhere, if everyone were following this commandment correctly...

God Bless!

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A certain man asked Jesus about the greatest commandment(s)... Jesus answered with the two (we know)...

Then it says that the man asked Jesus, "Who is my neighbor...?" To which Jesus tells him the parable of the Good Samaritan (that we know)... Then asked the man who made himself neighbor to the man who fell amongst thieves... And the man says "The good Samaritan" Then Jesus said something like: "You also be doing likewise..."

So, "Who is/are our neighbors...?" And, "How do we show them that we Love them, like we love ourselves...? (and God)...?

They are the people who are down and out in life and need a helping hand up, and like the Priest and the Levite, we basically pass these neighbors who were supposed to love by everyday... On our drive to work, we see them, and ignore them and pass them by... When we walk the street even, we avoid them, and don't want them to bother us, often, avoiding that/those parts of town on purpose... Some are begging on a street corner...

You should want to do for them, what you would want others to do for you, if you were in that situation or circumstance...

If everyone were taking part in loving our neighbor, as our neighbor is defined here, no one would be down and out for very long anywhere, if everyone were following this commandment correctly...

God Bless!

Every man woman and child on planet earth is your Neighbour ...

They are not all brethern... But they are your neighbours..

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Yes, I agree, but wanted to point out how/when and how, we should purposely go out to our neighbors in the direst of circumstances and greatest need, first, and up from there, not the other way around...

Or just those neighbors close to us (close as in known by us) only or first... Oftentimes doing nothing for the most down and out or desperate...

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Maria.V.H

Feb 1, 2017
Denmark
✟34,519.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God Bless!
I think love is dead in most cases, pure love does not exist, only love that demands. Now i´m being harsh, and i´m sorry, but people love themselves, and they might love God, but they definitely don´t love their neighbors, that is what i see in most cases, so that means we go against what we believe in, simple as that... But it doesn´t matter if we do things correctly right?? all people care about is if they are saved, then love and everything else can go away, but i don´t see it matching, but that´s just me.. Our ego is way too big, that is what i think...

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think love is dead in most cases, pure love does not exist, only love that demands. Now i´m being harsh, and i´m sorry, but people love themselves, and they might love God, but they definitely don´t love their neighbors, that is what i see in most cases, so that means we go against what we believe in, simple as that... But it doesn´t matter if we do things correctly right?? all people care about is if they are saved, then love and everything else can go away, but i don´t see it matching, but that´s just me.. Our ego is way too big, that is what i think...
I hate to say that with most, from what I see, i have to agree, but, I WILL NOT BE THAT WAY... I refuse too...

I have encounters with homeless, transient, down and out people that for the most part go ignored and are invisible to most, on a daily basis, and I'm loving them, like I love myself and God...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Maria.V.H

Feb 1, 2017
Denmark
✟34,519.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hate to say that with most, from what I see, i have to agree, but, I WILL NOT BE THAT WAY... I refuse too...

I have encounters with homeless, transient, down and out people that for the most part go ignored and are invisible to most, on a daily basis, and I'm loving them, like I love myself and God...

God Bless!
me too, my heart bleeds for people in need, that is the least we can do as humans, if we don´t understand this then i´m afraid we don´t understand anything at all...

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
me too, my heart bleeds for people in need, that is the least we can do as humans, if we don´t understand this then i´m afraid we don´t understand anything at all...
The way I see it, (and I told someone dear to me this), (cause it has tried to happen to me), if the enemy gets "your heart" he "has you" and he "wins"... and your his and no longer belong to the Lord or God...

I told that person to do not "lose" that, EVER... "do not" ever surrender it, or "give up" on people or humanity period, ever...

If you do, "he" wins...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Maria.V.H

Feb 1, 2017
Denmark
✟34,519.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The way I see it, (and I told someone dear to me this), (cause it has tried to happen to me), if the enemy gets "your heart" he "has you" and he "wins"... and your his and no longer belong to the Lord or God...

I told that person to do not "lose" that, EVER... "do not" ever surrender it, or "give up" on people or humanity period, ever...

If you do, "he" wins...

God Bless!
That is beautiful, and so true, thank you for sharing it!

May i ask you something??? Have you always been this emotional mature, understanding humanity on such a deep level?? It is rare...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That is beautiful, and so true, thank you for sharing it!

May i ask you something??? Have you always been this emotional mature, understanding humanity on such a deep level?? It is rare...
No, Definitely not always... I studied some Psychology in college, and my profession was working with the mentally disabled handling behaviors and I was very good at my job and it taught me a lot about human behavior and behavioral issues and disorders.

That and just "time" growing, being a bit older now... Thanks for saying that I am such... I try to be... Hope I am having some success in/with it...

Thanks again,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

NO. You have no grounds for saying that, considering the term "neighbor" does not mean anything like that!

Check a dictionary. There is the element of "neigh unto" and the Greek term used in the parable of the Good Samaritan means something like "close by."

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
NO. You have no grounds for saying that, considering the term "neighbor" does not mean anything like that!

Check a dictionary. There is the element of "neigh unto" and the Greek term used in the parable of the Good Samaritan means something like "close by."
Close to you in your heart... Question is: "Is your heart in the right place?, like the good Samaritan's was..."

• Agree
Reactions: Adstar
Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Close to you in your heart... Question is: "Is your heart in the right place?, like the good Samaritan's was..."

NO. That is not the answer to the question Jesus gave.
NOT THE JESUS ANSWER!

It may be who is close to you in your heart is the one you will treat neighborly. Except of course if not actually a neighbor will be impossible.

It appears your trying to warp a question posed to Jesus into being something else, being about something else than it actually was.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
NO. That is not the answer to the question Jesus gave.
NOT THE JESUS ANSWER!

It may be who is close to you in your heart is the one you will treat neighborly. Except of course if not actually a neighbor will be impossible.

It appears your trying to warp a question posed to Jesus into being something else, being about something else than it actually was.
The point was that you should consider everyone that crosses your path or theirs crosses yours is or should be treated like a neighbor...

What exactly are you trying to say or refute about this anyway...?

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
The point was that you should consider everyone that crosses your path or theirs crosses yours is or should be treated like a neighbor...

What exactly are you trying to say or refute about this anyway...?

I was not trying to say or refute anything about that.

I somewhat confused what you said with what adstar said, since you seemed to be supporting Adstar in what she said. Sorry.
So do you agree with what Adstar said, or what I said in response?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I am using the parable of the Good Samaratin as my definition of Neighbour.. So you can check dictionaries if you like i will take the definition set by Jesus..

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was not trying to say or refute anything about that.

Too bad you never made that point before. I thought you were trying to claim that everybody in the entire world is your neighbor.

You should treat everyone in this world as your Neighbour so to you everyone should be your Neighbour.. So the question who is your neighbour can only be answered by a Christian with, Everyone on planet earth is my neighbour...

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am using the parable of the Good Samaratin as my definition of Neighbour.. So you can check dictionaries if you like i will take the definition set by Jesus..
So am I, but yet we still seem to be, I think, thinking differently about it, why is that...?

Your being very elusive and vague and seeming not wanting to explain or answer directly by the way...

Why is not everyone your neighbor...? Why is not everyone that crosses your path, (especially those in great need or in need of help), and who's path crosses yours, your "neighbor"...?

Just what the heck are you trying to argue against or refute about this, so far, you haven't told us, so, just answer the question please?, or make your point clearly and directly, please...?

God Bless!

• Optimistic
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0