Who is Metropolitan Cyprian of Fili?

E

Euthymios

Archbishop Chrysostomos' said that the Synod in Resistance is not changing their beliefs! The GOC-K is now in communion with a group they anathematized, and who they originally believed to be heretical! One of the reasons Met. Cyprian was deposed, was because he gave Communion to New Calendarists. This was forbidden by the Greek Old Calendarist Protocol 13 (issued in 1950) and Protocol 1191 (issued in 1974). In hypocritical fashion, the GOC (Kiousis, Kallinikos, Pavlos) was giving Communion to New Calendarists, in violation of these protocols, and their own 2002 Encyclical! The "GOC" has betrayed it's original ecclesiolgy by going into communion with the Cyprianites!

Met. Cyprian's synod was built on a violation of the canons:

Apostolic Canons 31 and 35; Canon 18 of the 4th Ecumenical Council; Canon 1 of St. Basil; Canons 13, 15, 19 and 22 of Antioch; Canon 34 of Trullo; Canon 6 of Gangra; Canon 15 of Sardica; 13 of Carthage. These canons "specify that they who enact such things are deposed, and the consecrations performed by them are invalid."...[The Struggle Against Ecumenism, p. 107].

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Euthymios, I'm curious, how do you account for your having such a strong interest in what seems to be such obscure and insignificant sectarian groups? Everybody knows that "old calendarism" is merely a sociological phenomena rooted in certain weaknesses of the human psyche, and that although the divisiveness this has created is unfortunate in how it effects Orthodox Christian witness, it is best to ignore those groups until the lack of attention to their valueless cause dries up their schismatic spirits. It is attention that they seek, and the wrong kind of attention at that (I.e. attention for being different or heroic). Wouldn't it be far greater for us if we focused upon feeding our own spirits with the good food of positive feelings toward God and our fellows, rather than obsessing negatively over the errors of others, who are no less children in need of nurturing than we ourselves are?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
truefiction1,

I do this because they are confusing many souls and separating people from the true sacraments. They are false teachers. In the book of Revelation, Christ honored the church at Ephesus for exposing false teachers. Indifference and apathy is a mark of the Luke-warm Laodicean church.
http://www.christianforums.com/users/298300/

yes, but they are not confusing anyone on here. it would be like if I posted a link telling folks that Mohammed is a false prophet.

Upvote 0