Baby Cottontail

Sep 25, 2016
Northwest Ohio
✟19,571.00
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I consider Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the manifestations of God the Father.

This is objectionable of the Nicene Creed:
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
Do you believe that all three exist -- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit -- at the same time?

Upvote 0

Baby Cottontail

Sep 25, 2016
Northwest Ohio
✟19,571.00
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Do you understand that these all refer to the Lord Jesus Christ.

The name of the Lord has been revealed to us.

The Name above all names.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”

58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. John 8:56-59

JLB
So, do you believe that Jesus is the only Person who is God?

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, do you believe that Jesus is the only Person who is God?

The Name of Jesus refers to, and represents the fullness of the Godhead: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; Colossians 2:9

Jesus is the Name of the only begotten Son of God, which is the Father's Name, given to Him by His Father.

• The Name above every Name.

I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.
John 17:11 NIV

I am no longer in the world; yet they are still in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, so that they may be one just as We are.
John 17:11 AMP

And I am no more in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are. John 17:11 ASV

And I am no longer in the world, and they are in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name which You have given to Me, in order that they may be one, just as We are.
John 17:11 Disciples’ Literal New Testament

“Now I am coming to you. I will not stay in the world, but these followers of mine are still in the world. Holy Father, keep them safe by the power of your name—the name you gave me. Then they will be one, just as you and I are one. John 17:11 ERV

JLB

Upvote 0

Baby Cottontail

Sep 25, 2016
Northwest Ohio
✟19,571.00
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
The Name of Jesus refers to, and represents the fullness of the Godhead: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; Colossians 2:9

Jesus is the Name of the only begotten Son of God, which is the Father's Name, given to Him by His Father.

• The Name above every Name.

I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.
John 17:11 NIV

I am no longer in the world; yet they are still in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, so that they may be one just as We are.
John 17:11 AMP

And I am no more in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are. John 17:11 ASV

And I am no longer in the world, and they are in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name which You have given to Me, in order that they may be one, just as We are.
John 17:11 Disciples’ Literal New Testament

“Now I am coming to you. I will not stay in the world, but these followers of mine are still in the world. Holy Father, keep them safe by the power of your name—the name you gave me. Then they will be one, just as you and I are one. John 17:11 ERV

JLB
Do you believe that the Father is a different Person from Jesus?

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Okay -- -- but you don't think the Word existed as a Person before Jesus?

Special definition is made to consider God the Father and the Holy Spirit as also Persons. By that one may consider the Word as a Person too.

Upvote 0

Baby Cottontail

Sep 25, 2016
Northwest Ohio
✟19,571.00
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Special definition is made to consider God the Father and the Holy Spirit as also Persons. By that one may consider the Word as a Person too.
Okay -- thanks. I just wanted to check to see where you were coming from. I agree that the Father, Word, and Holy Spirit are Persons....

The reason I was asking is because it almost sounded like you believed the Father was all three Persons, but it appears that you don't :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums