WHO IS GOD'S TRUE CHURCH ACCORDING TO GOD'S WORD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm living up to "all the KNOWLEDGE God has revealed" to me through "his WORD". Does that mean I am in "the TRUE church"? I feel so special. (too bad for those other folks - they just don't cut it)

I suppose he'll ask me if I read the whole OP. (who has time to read anymore? - I mean seriously)

If you are or not I do not know that is between you and God. My prayer is that you are.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Law of Liberty is what a Christian does who is filled with the Holy Spirit - love. Through the Spirit we are dead to sin. It is a whole New Covenant with a new way to be righteous, and with a NEW SIGN of the covenant. We are no longer under the Old Covenant of sin and death with the Old SIGN.

It is believing we need to keep the sign of the Old Covenant that has you baffled why those who live under the New Covenant are free from obligations to keep days of the week. There is a spiritual meaning to the Sabbath that you have willfully overlooked.

Not at all. None are liviing under the NEW COVENANT of GRACE while continuing in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN. Grace is not a licence to sin. It is for OBEDIENCE to the faith.

WHAT IS GRACE FOR?

ROMANS 1:5, By whom we have received GRACE and apostleship, FOR OBEDIENCE TO THE FAITH among all nations, for his name.

Romans 6:1-2, [1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. [2], How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Not really it is God's WORD and we should believe and follow it.

What we should follow is God's meaning to His Word, not your mistaken interpretation of the word "commandments," as if the New Covenant doesn't have its own set to follow. The 10C were only UNTIL Jesus. Galatians 3

• Winner
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Not at all. None are liviing under the NEW COVENANT of GRACE while continuing in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN. Grace is not a licence to sin. It is for OBEDIENCE to the faith.

WHAT IS GRACE FOR?

ROMANS 1:5, By whom we have received GRACE and apostleship, FOR OBEDIENCE TO THE FAITH among all nations, for his name.

Romans 6:1-2, [1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. [2], How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Your idea of sin is breaking the Old Covenant commandments. Sin in the New Covenant is going against the Law of Liberty.

• Optimistic
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What we should follow is God's meaning to His Word, not your mistaken interpretation of the word "commandments," as if the New Covenant doesn't have its own set to follow. The 10C were only UNTIL Jesus. Galatians 3

Hmm now your making things up. Prove what I have posted is not true. Do you have any scripture to share? Sin is sin is the same as it always has been and that is breaking any of God's Commandments.

What is SIN?

NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURES

JAMES 2:8-12
[8], If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well:
[9], But if ye have respect to persons, YOU COMMIT SIN, AND ARE CONVINCED OF THE LAW AS TRANSGRESSORS.
[10], For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
[11] For he that said, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, said also, DO NOT KILL. Now if thou commit NO ADULTERY, yet if thou KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF GOD'S LAW

Yep, James is pretty clear if we brake ANY of God's Law (10 commandments) then we are a TRANSGRESSOR of God's LAW and commit SIN. James quotes two of the 10 Commandments saying that if we break them we commit sin v9 that are summed up in the 2nd great commandments of LOVE to God and LOVE to our neighbour in v11. Maybe you missed that one?

ROMANS 7:7 [7], What shall we say then? is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I HAD NOT KNOWN SIN, BUT BY THE LAW: for I had not known lust, EXCEPT THE LAW HAD SAID YOU SHALL NOT COVET.

Well here we have Paul in agreement with James and John also telling us that he did not know what sin was without God's 10 Commandments. SIN is breaking God's commandments and Paul uses the 10th commandment as an example of breaking any of God's LAW (10 commandments) = SIN (Exodus 20:17)

links to...

1 JOHN 3:4 [4] Whosoever commits SIN transgresses also the law: for SIN is the transgression of the law.

John is saying the same thing as James and Paul and states that if we TRANSGRESS God's LAW then we commit SIN because SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF GOD'S LAW. So it is very clear that SIN is breaking ANY of God's LAW (10 commandments). We will look at the chapter context John uses v15 of MURDER as an example of sin which is God's 6th Command of the 10.

Sin is indeed defined in God's WORD as breaking any of the 10 Commandments in both the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures.

SIN IN THE OLD TESTAMENT BREAKING THE 10 COMMANDMENTS (Summarized)

God said in Genesis 4:7 to Cain when he was angry because he did not worship God in his appointed way that by doing this it was sin. Jesus say the same in Matthew 15:3-9 that if we follow and teachings of men that break the commandments of God we are not following God. Mankind was destroyed by a flood because of sin (Genesis 6:5-7).

Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of sin (Genesis 18:20). Jacob knew about sin when he complained to Laben when he left with his daughters (Genesis 31:36).

When Potiphar’s wife came to Joseph with the aim of committing adultery, Joseph knew it was sin and protested saying how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God? (Genesis 39:9).

God said that if Israel was not to make a covenant with the other nations and serve their god's it would be sin (Exodus 23:33). When Moses was delayed on the Mount with God the children of ISRAEL made an Idol and worshipped it breaking God's 1st and 2nd commandment (Exodus 20:3-5). Moses said to them after he returned, you have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; perhaps I shall make an atonement for your sin (Exodus 32:30; Deuteronomy 9:16-18). Moses said to Aaron that by making an idol for the people to worship that it was a great sin (Exodus 32:21; 30). God would punish the children of Israel for their sin of Idol worship (Exodus 32:34).

God said to Moses in reference to breaking the 10 Commandments; Whosoever has sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book (Exodus 32:33).

God said that if Israel was not to make a covenant with the other nations and serve their god's it would be sin (Exodus 23:33). Joshua says stealing is sin (Joshua 7:11). Achan knew when he was caught stealing that he sinned (Joshua 7:20).

When God's people forsake God to worship other God's, they also confess that they had sinned in breaking God's commandments (Judges 10:10;15). Samuel made atonement for God's people when they wanted to return to God confessing that they had sinned after they worshipped other Gods breaking God's 1st and 2nd commandments (1 Samuel 7:5; 12:10; Exodus 20:2-5).

King Saul wanted to kill David, but Jonathon spoke good of David saying to him no to sin against David by killing him (1 Samuel 19:4). David cut the skirt of King Saul in the cave and said to him that he could have killed him if he wanted to but did not sin against him by sparing his life (1 Samuel 24:11). King Saul replied that in wanting to kill David he had sinned (1 Samuel 26:21).

When David became king he desired Bathsheba who was another man’s wife and organized for her husband Uriah the Hitite to be sent to the front line of battle to be killed. God sent Nathan to David and David confessed in doing this that he had sinned in breaking God's 6th and 7th Commandment (Exodus 20:13:14). David confessed that he had sinned to breaking God's LAW (1 Samuel 12:13).

Now we can also go through all the evil Kings of Israel that sinned against God by following and worshipping other Gods which is also defined as sin in God's WORD but there would be too many scriptures (2 Kings 17:7). God testified that they served other Gods and idols sending them prophets to warn them of their sins (2 Kings 17:12-13; 16-17). We are also told that King Manasseh also broke God's 6th commandment and killed more innocent people then most others testifying that by doing this he had sinned (2 Kings 16:17). God continued to send prophets to warn his people of the consequences of sin (Nehemiah 9:30). God's people continued in their sins forsaking God's LAW (10 commandments) and in doing so God left them and Israel were overthrown and led into captivity to the other nations because they departed from God serving other God's and idols. Nehemiah knew this and prayed to God confessing their sins (Nehemiah 1:6-9). God's people continued to sin against God by worshipping other Gods despite the warning of Jeremiah (Jeremiah 44:18-23). In despite of God's Word teaching that God's people had forsaken the 10 commandments and sinned against God, going into captivity, God promised he would bring them back when they returned to him and heal them from their sins of breaking his commandments (Ezekiel 37:22-23).

Hosea testified by the Word of the Lord that God's people by making idols and worshipping other god's, lying, stealing, killing, committing adultery would receive the judgments of God because they had sinned by departing from the 10 Commandments (Hosea 4:1-19).

The word of the Lord came to Zephaniah saying that all those who continue in sin by worshipping other God's and breaking his commandments will be destroyed off the land because they have sinned against God (Zephaniah 1:2-17).

Yep God’s WORD is very clear that sin is defined as breaking ANY of the 10 Commandments just as James, Paul and John all teach in the NEW TESTAMENT (James 2:10-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Romans 3:20). All the above scriptures show by example, quoting individual commandments from the 10 Commandments that SIN is indeed also defined as breaking any of God's 10 Commandments.

Sin is breaking any of God's 10 Commandments.

Your the one mixed up not me.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Firstly I believe God has his people in EVERY CHURCH as long as they are living up to all the KNOWLEDGE God has revealed to them through his WORD.

JOHN 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

However God is calling his people out from following man made traditions to worship God in Spirit and in truth.

JOHN 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

WHO IS GOD'S CHURCH?

IS GOD'S CHURCH A BUILDING or a CHURCH ORGANISATION?

Before we look at who God's WORD says is God's true Church let's start off by looking at the GREEK meaning of the word Church which is ἐκκλησία which means a calling out or meeting.

This links in very nicely with

MATTHEW 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

A Church therefore is the people the BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. They are the called out and Jesus is in the midst of them.

1 JOHN 2:3-4
3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep <ALL> his commandments. 4, He that saith, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

REVELATION 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

REVELATION 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

REVELATION 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Notice God's people keep ALL of God's Commandments through FAITH in Christ?

NOTE: God's saints keep ALL THE COMMANDMENTS of God. It is these people that are a remnant that the devil is making war with. They are called God's saints and these are the ones that have right to the tree of life.

How many Church's do you see keeping all of God's Commandments?

What are your thoughts?

God's true church are all the pre-reformation churches.

• Haha
Reactions: ICONO'CLAST
Upvote 0

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why would God's Word identify any church other than the ONE Church Jesus Christ founded, which He said was to remain ONE, to which He promised "The Holy Spirit will guide you into ALL truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me"? Why would God's Word identify any Church other than the Church which compiled God's Word from its own writings, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit? Why would God's Word mention any unauthorized manmade church that wasn't even going to exist for another 1,200 years, and was going to fragment into thousands of conflicting denominations wishing a few hundred years?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The tablets written in stone or the letter or word, of the Law kills, and causes sin to abound or get worse... That is because the "true meaning" of it, the true spirit of it or behind it and it's intent, could not be known or fully expressed or understood, in and by writing of any kind... or any letter of any law...

"The Law" the OC, OT Law, Biblical law, it's spirit is and was (and will always be) "Love"... But we cannot see that by the "letter" of it, and seem to be even more blind to the laws True Spirit, when we purposely try to observe and obey the law, or any letter of any law, other than the "law that is within" (written on) individual hearts, on or in their conscience, or how God speaks to you through your conscience... Through born again converted hearts and consciences...

It is not the same as the letter, though the two are in complete agreement...

But you cannot attain any enlightenment by the letter, you cannot know what Love is by the letter, or by observing the letter... The Spirit in and of and behind the law (Love) does not come by the law, but by faith and faith alone...

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: Karola
Upvote 0

Colin Bwogi

Oct 14, 2018
Kampala
✟9,530.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Am thinking, we ought to Understand the reasons as to why God gave us the Old(the first) covenant (knowing that we wouldn't be made perfect therein), so that at a time appointed he might establish a New(second) covenant(which makes us perfect in Christ Jesus).

For I understand that in all this, His intention was for to perfect an everlasting House or Church unto Himself.(Isaiah 66:1-2), in fact, I would that we meditate on the whole chapter 66 of Isaiah.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Firstly I believe God has his people in EVERY CHURCH as long as they are living up to all the KNOWLEDGE God has revealed to them through his WORD.

JOHN 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

However God is calling his people out from following man made traditions to worship God in Spirit and in truth.

JOHN 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

WHO IS GOD'S CHURCH?

IS GOD'S CHURCH A BUILDING or a CHURCH ORGANISATION?

Before we look at who God's WORD says is God's true Church let's start off by looking at the GREEK meaning of the word Church which is ἐκκλησία which means a calling out or meeting.

This links in very nicely with

MATTHEW 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

A Church therefore is the people the BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. They are the called out and Jesus is in the midst of them.

1 JOHN 2:3-4
3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep <ALL> his commandments. 4, He that saith, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

REVELATION 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

REVELATION 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

REVELATION 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Notice God's people keep ALL of God's Commandments through FAITH in Christ?

NOTE: God's saints keep ALL THE COMMANDMENTS of God. It is these people that are a remnant that the devil is making war with. They are called God's saints and these are the ones that have right to the tree of life.

How many Church's do you see keeping all of God's Commandments?

What are your thoughts?
For answering such a question, who did Jesus and every new testament writer consult? They consulted the prophets. They consulted the old testament, because there was no new testament yet.

The old testament, tells us that when judgement day comes, those that will be saved, will be those that place their faith in Him for their justification, but that walk in and keep God's laws and commandments, humble themselves before Him, and walk righteously. They walk righteously because they not only keep God's laws and commandments, but they also walk blamelessly before men.

In other words, they treat others as they wish to be treated. They don't gossip, they don't mock, they don't ridicule, or condescend, they're kind, and loving to people, but will rebuke brothers and sisters walking in sin, and will (with much prayer) avoid walking in sin as well. They may slip up and make mistakes, but they will get back up, repent, and get better, leaning on Him all the while.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gordonhooker

Franciscan tssf
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2012
Wellington Point, QLD
Visit site
✟274,602.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have just completed 12 weeks of university study and 3 major essays asking that same question and it is not quite that simple to answer. Actually, truly Follow Christ for a number of years and then come back and ask the same question, I would hazard a guess it will be different to the one you have in your mind at the moment.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The tablets written in stone or the letter or word, of the Law kills, and causes sin to abound or get worse... That is because the "true meaning" of it, the true spirit of it or behind it and it's intent, could not be known or fully expressed or understood, in and by writing of any kind... or any letter of any law...

"The Law" the OC, OT Law, Biblical law, it's spirit is and was (and will always be) "Love"... But we cannot see that by the "letter" of it, and seem to be even more blind to the laws True Spirit, when we purposely try to observe and obey the law, or any letter of any law, other than the "law that is within" (written on) individual hearts, on or in their conscience, or how God speaks to you through your conscience... Through born again converted hearts and consciences...

But you cannot attain any enlightenment by the letter, you cannot know what Love is by the letter, or by observing the letter... The Spirit in and of and behind the law (Love) does not come by the law, but by faith and faith alone...

God Bless!
The letter of the law is weak and inferior when it comes to true law and justice that has to make "exceptions" to be just...

The way the letter works is a law is made, then, when a case comes up around it, the law becomes "This is law: This and that, ect, ect, EXCEPT WHEN this and that is the case, then it is handled this way, that is written down now..." Then it becomes more and more and more, "except when" "or except when's, such and such, this and that and that and this, is the case, happens, occurs ect, ect... Until it goes on forever and the entire world cannot contain what is written, and it becomes so complicated that it becomes impossible to keep, keep up with, maintain, or to execute any kind of real justice and ultimately fails...

The Spirit of the Law is our conscience and our hearts and instinctively knows right from wrong, (when all things that are holding us back from rightly knowing this are removed or are no longer in the way)... It knows when to make exceptions, it does not need some written down in stone thing like a robot to know, (by which you cannot know anyway), anyway... We know, inside, just that some of you/us have stuff and things in the way sometimes, that pervert true justice...

You will find that it (Love, God, the "Spirit" of the Law and God) makes exceptions and would act and behave and judge much like Jesus did... We know the Spirit of God and his ways from within when there is no longer anything else in the way of knowing that (his ways, his judgments)... When we (hopefully) find that we are loving and kind and compassionate and generous, and kind and liberal and have a real genuine desire to only help others in every way we can, by nature, that we find that it was built in all along, we just didn't know it or couldn't see it...

God Bless!

• Optimistic
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

Colin Bwogi

Oct 14, 2018
Kampala
✟9,530.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Am thinking, we ought to Understand the reasons as to why God gave us the Old(the first) covenant (knowing that we wouldn't be made perfect therein), so that at a time appointed he might establish a New(second) covenant(which makes us perfect in Christ Jesus).

For I understand that in all this, His intention was for to perfect an everlasting House or Church unto Himself.(Isaiah 66:1-2), in fact, I would that we meditate on the whole chapter 66 of Isaiah.

Now, we cannot separate the House of God(the Church) from the Rest of God(the Sabbath): why? Because God finds His Home and purpose in the House of His Rest: the Church(Isaiah 66:1-2)(Isaiah 55:8-11)
Am not saying this to agree with or to please the SDA church, for I am not a seventh day Advent. But I am simply bringing to you the truth, even as a citizen of the Kingdom of God.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth, and at the climax of it all, He completed His work in His REST.

Then the man unto whom all this was given for to rule(or have dominion over) fell by reason of Sin, which separated him from God: not because God didn't know that this would happen, He knew it and so He let it be; not that He desired for the man to die, but He did for good reason(that's why it's written saying that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His PURPOSE...Romans 8:28)(again please take note: am saying there was purpose in God allowing the Fall)

And so, He let the fall of Adam take occasion that He might set up the first covenant, and so when Adam realized that he was naked, the Lord covered his nakedness with animal skin(Genesis 3:21): which is to say that the animal's blood covered (or attorned for) the sin of Adam. This covering is the beginning of the first covenant written in the blood of animal's, the same being the reason as to why Israel was made slave in Egypt; finally saved and celebrated into the Rest(the Sabbath), that they might bring forth the Purpose or the Work of God before the Gentiles or the rest of the world.

And when God's purpose in the children of Israel or in the first covenant was done, He finalised His Plan, His Purpose, and His House(His Church) in Christ Jesus; even in the second covenant written in the blood of Jesus, so that at the climax of this work of Salvation in Jesus, we might be celebrated into the Sabbath: a perfected House and Church of His Rest.
Therefore, there still remains a day to come, a new Sabbath in the second covenant: a day when the perfect Church shall be married and celebrated into the Lord(Hebrews 4:3-11).

Upvote 0

Colin Bwogi

Oct 14, 2018
Kampala
✟9,530.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Now, the question comes, Who is God's true church according to God's word?

God's true church is a people called by the Father natured and nourished upon the foundation of whole person of Christ Jesus collectively to be the perfect House of the Rest of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The letter of the law is weak and inferior when it comes to true law and justice that has to make "exceptions" to be just...

The way the letter works is a law is made, then, when a case comes up around it, the law becomes "This is law: This and that, ect, ect, EXCEPT WHEN this and that is the case, then it is handled this way, that is written down now..." Then it becomes more and more and more, "except when" "or except when's, such and such, this and that and that and this, is the case, happens, occurs ect, ect... Until it goes on forever and the entire world cannot contain what is written, and it becomes so complicated that it becomes impossible to keep, keep up with, maintain, or to execute any kind of real justice and ultimately fails...

The Spirit of the Law is our conscience and our hearts and instinctively knows right from wrong, (when all things that are holding us back from rightly knowing this are removed or are no longer in the way)... It knows when to make exceptions, it does not need some written down in stone thing like a robot to know, (by which you cannot know anyway), anyway... We know, inside, just that some of you/us have stuff and things in the way sometimes, that pervert true justice...

You will find that it (Love, God, the "Spirit" of the Law and God) makes exceptions and would act and behave and judge much like Jesus did... We know the Spirit of God and his ways from within when there is no longer anything else in the way of knowing that (his ways, his judgments)... When we (hopefully) find that we are loving and kind and compassionate and generous, and kind and liberal and have a real genuine desire to only help others in every way we can, by nature, that we find that it was built in all along, we just didn't know it or couldn't see it...

God Bless!
And where the letter of the law fails and is weaker still, is not only where it has to make "exceptions" to be fair and just, but where it has to make "concessions" due to the weaknesses, faults, failings and misunderstandings of men or mere mortals to be fair and just as well, and these specific cases, can and could go on forever...

The Spirit of the Law (Love) is superior, and we know him/it from within... It is our hearts and our consciences that allow for "interpretation" of the Law, and be more than an automaton, or IOW's the discerning of it's Spirit (Love) and following and obeying and seeking out so as to find and know Agape God-like/type of Love...

This can't be known by the letter, and all to often it can only be learned by being "shown" to you by and through "experience" alone (going through the fire) and there is no other way, the kind of thing that can't be told, but has to be "shown" (to you), (or revealed for you) (sometimes only in the moment)... That is one of the main differences between the letter of the law, and it's Spirit...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God's true church are all the pre-reformation churches.

All the reformation did though it point people back to the Word of God. I would have thought that is where we need to be don't you think?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why would God's Word identify any church other than the ONE Church Jesus Christ founded, which He said was to remain ONE, to which He promised "The Holy Spirit will guide you into ALL truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me"? Why would God's Word identify any Church other than the Church which compiled God's Word from its own writings, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit? Why would God's Word mention any unauthorized manmade church that wasn't even going to exist for another 1,200 years, and was going to fragment into thousands of conflicting denominations wishing a few hundred years?

God's WORD doesn't it only describes who God's Church is as shown in the OP. Jesus is the living Word of God. *JOHN 1:1-4; 14

Upvote 0

Karola

Oct 7, 2018
Munich
✟12,045.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshippers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshippers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshippers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.’ John4:23&24

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!

Not really it is sin that kills. The letter simply gives us a KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.
LOVE is indeed the fulfilling of God's LAW in all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. This is the Spirit of the LAW and the NEW COVENANT promise in all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.

ROMANS 13:8-10
8, Owe no man anything, but to LOVE ONE ANOTHER: for HE THAT LOVES ANOTHER HAS FULFILLED THE LAW.
9, For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT LIE, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and IF THERE SHALL BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF.
10, Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.

You cannot have the Spirit of the law without the letter as the Spirit work's through the letter to lead us to Christ that we might be justified [FORGIVEN] by faith *GALATIANS 3:22-25.

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.