• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Who is behind this so called "Schizophrenia" ?

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
✟7,665.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I received a message from God that we should be truthful and sinless, yet this is very difficult to do. So to do so, he suggested that we must be deceitful and sinful when within the small petite confessional booth, but be truthful and sinless while outside of the booth. Meanwhile, the catholic religion seems to expect the opposite ???

On top of that, the words are often spoken, "Bless me father for I have sinned", yet the exact opposite of this is "Condemn me father for I have not sinned". So this seems very confusing !

Also, the catholic priests dress in 99% black, which represents evil, and have a white collar which represents only 1 % innocence.

Everything seems to be backwards. Can you explain why this is ?

And then came a message concerning those who suffer from schizophrenia. It said that they are honest and thruthful and that pure evil was trying to make them seem to be mentally delusional such that their words of truth are to be ignored.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
And then came a message concerning those who suffer from schizophrenia. It said that they are honest and thruthful and that pure evil was trying to make them seem to be mentally delusional such that their words of truth are to be ignored.

Schizophrenia and other mental/behavioural problems are caused by brain chemical imbalances and sometimes brain injury. Modern medicine and psychiatry are increasingly able to treat and sometimes cure such disorders. My own daughter can attest to this. This has nothing whatsoever to do 'pure evil'.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know somebody diagnosed with it, he doesn't think he has it though.

Upvote 0
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
✟7,665.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Schizophrenia and other mental/behavioural problems are caused by brain chemical imbalances and sometimes brain injury. Modern medicine and psychiatry are increasingly able to treat and sometimes cure such disorders. My own daughter can attest to this. This has nothing whatsoever to do 'pure evil'.
Then hear my words.

1. I hear the word of God as well.

I was told to search the KJV Bible for proof of his being. I found it. Go to http://www.outersecrets.com/real/biblecode2a.htmand click on the yellow flashing words "Watch/Listen". Be sure to have your audio enabled.

Upvote 0

looking4joy

Looking for Joy
Jul 30, 2012
✟8,171.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
OK. I have schizoaffective symptoms. I take meds to regulate it. It works. Pure evil is the devil, and the devil wages war with everyone, mentally ill or not. Everyone has the choice to demonstrate faith in something better, that being the blood of Christ to secure our salvation and give us His Spirit to deal with life and know the truth, defeating the enemy evil in our life.

I'm not Catholic, so I don't agree with either saying opposite or same as what is needed to say during confession....you kind of lost me there. What does that have to do with schizophrenia?? You tell the truth as well as you know how to. God knows the heart during confession, whether you are talking to a man (a priest) or talking directly to the Father God.

Schizophrenics have a chemical brain condition that causes confusion, a break from reality, delusion and fixed false beliefs, hallucinations, etc.. and I have dealt personally with the break in reality and fixed false beliefs. The break in reality has been healing through meds and lots of prayer and counseling. The fixed false beliefs have been healed by lots of prayer and counseling.

Why do you need proof of God to demonstrate faith in the shed blood of Jesus? Jesus shows us the Father by looking at Jesus. Imagine the fact that Jesus fulfilled what was written of Him, and put your faith there.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I received a message from God that we should be truthful and sinless, yet this is very difficult to do. So to do so, he suggested that we must be deceitful and sinful when within the small petite confessional booth, but be truthful and sinless while outside of the booth. Meanwhile, the catholic religion seems to expect the opposite ???

On top of that, the words are often spoken, "Bless me father for I have sinned", yet the exact opposite of this is "Condemn me father for I have not sinned". So this seems very confusing !

Also, the catholic priests dress in 99% black, which represents evil, and have a white collar which represents only 1 % innocence.

Hi I believe that what you are thinking is very insightful, and true.

God does want us to try to live without sin, and he wants us to be truthful.

As for the statement that came to you about schizophrenia, in many cases what you said is 100% true. schizophrenia is caused by pure evil, it is caused by satan, he speaks into peoples minds, trying to control their thoughts. Many of those people are good Christians trying to live Godly lives, he wants people to think they are weird, demon possessed, or sick. When in reality it is not the case. I used to have trouble with voices, but through prayer was able to control the thoughts.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Thank you FutureAndAHope for your kind reply.
I have had similar thoughts to what you described in the OP, but I don't know too much about schizophrenia specifically. Apparently I had psychosis several years ago, but it was very mild and went away. Schizophrenia of course is more severe.

Upvote 0

jaxis

Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2016
Michigan
✟53,030.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I have real bad schizophrenia I need medication but that's not a nuff. Going to aa really threw me off track who are all these people praying to mostly demons. When I'm in psychosis that's when the devil attacks well demon's the things I've seen with eyes open and closed fully awake can only be explained by Acts 2:17. I agree pure evil try's to hold back my truth I believe and have expierenced the super natural the six sense of lightness and darkness. Been in psychosis all year it started to happen after I read some of a Spiritual Warfare book the demons came back with more demons Jesus helped me threw it I can't talk about this with psychiatrist or psychologist . I believe it's a generational curse never read a book how someone broke it. I have been to 15 mental hospitals sober. I have to be very careful what I read listen to and friends I have.

Upvote 0

kmrichard7

May 20, 2015
✟10,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
he suggested that we must be deceitful and sinful when within the small petite confessional booth, but be truthful and sinless while outside of the booth.
God does not suggest we sin. Ever. Anywhere.

I am still trying to understand this mental illness with many others (my dad is schizophrenic). There are a number of ways i believe it could have been brought about. Childhood conditioning, chemical imbalance, spiritual war, wage for sin (not specifically your sin but sin in the world). We dont always understand the whys, just trust in Who is in control. And remember His word above your own understanding. If you are getting mixed messages from God- Go with what the Word says. Its been true for thousands of years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I received a message from God that we should be truthful and sinless, yet this is very difficult to do.
Well, we can understand that we need to be sinless, but then we can sin by only looking at ourselves and trying to get ourselves to keep from sin. Instead, look to God and how He is able to correct us > feed on Hebrews 12:4-11 < depend on God, instead of looking to how we are able.

Well . . . :) . . . according to my scientific education, black is the "color" which soaks in all the colors, and therefore no color is reflected for you to see it from a black surface. So, I would think black would be the best color, since it is so receiving :) It can represent how we receive God's light of His love, soaking in all His sunshine :)

Well, the backwards we need is to be forgiving, instead of unforgiving . . . compassionate, instead of how I can first be criticizing > Hebrews 5:2.

And I have been diagnosed to be paranoid schizophrenic, which practically includes how I can imagine people being against me, then right away be talking in my imagination against them and trying to control them. So, I need to be backwards to this sort of paranoia, by loving imagined or real problem people, and caring about them in prayer. And it can be that as I change from struggling with problem people in my mind, and get into caring for them in prayer, instead, they can flee from my memory very quickly. So, perhaps their coming is Satan bringing them to mind, and not for a prayer meeting.

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

I find that what works is if I submit to God, in order for Him to have me be the way He wants, and discover how He has me caring for and praying blessing to people who come to my mind in a trouble-making way. If I try to control them, this does not work. Criticizing them does not help.

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

"He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness." (Hebrews 5:2)

They come to mind in order to trouble me; so be backwards by refusing to let that have power over me >

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

a message concerning those who suffer from schizophrenia. It said that they are honest and thruthful and that pure evil was trying to make them seem to be mentally delusional such that their words of truth are to be ignored.
It depends on the individual. I am sure that my paranoia stuff is dishonest about other people; it is dishonest by how it has me reacting negatively and nastily, plus often enough it does not correctly represent the people who come to mind > often, after I have prayed for the people who have come to my mind in a paranoid way, I go to them and discover how things with them are so better than my paranoia had me believing.

But a person who talks about Jesus can seem crazy to worldly people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Teslafied

Watt is love? Baby don't hertz me no more.
Apr 27, 2016
NC
✟16,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Nobody can live a sinless life, Jesus knew that and this is why He laid down His life and shed His blood on Calvary.
Work based salvation does not save anyone, in fact I know from personal experience that it hinders people.

Only God knows the heart, man only looks towards the outward appearance and what they can see.

I've been around a lot of Christians and unfortunately meaning are judgemental about things they don't understand, even including things like schizophrenia which is a real mental disorder.
I have paranoia schizophrenia so at times I do believe people are out to get me, I believe in my case it may be a tad hereditary but more so it was brought on by the trials I've endured in life.

You have those who think schizophrenia is solely in the head - a mind over matter cure, those who believe it's all demonic, those who deny its existence, and those who are educated and know it's a true disorder that sadly is often times debilitating for us who have to deal with it.

Those who have schizophrenia are not evil (me included), in fact many schizophrenics are incredibly smart.

Yes Jesus Christ can cure schizophrenia. For some people mind over matter works, casting out demons, denying its existence, taking medication, going to therapy , whatever and that's good for them! But there are others like me who have tried all that and it didn't work.

Jesus said His grace is sufficient for us and His power is made perfect in our weakness. I see all this as a thorn in the flesh that will be used to possibly help me, in fact schizophrenia at times for me has been a curse but believe it or not it has helped me be more cautious in things.

I don't know what much more I can say other then - I would implore you to do some more research on mental illnesses, and never judge something you don't have, and if you do have it don't be so hard on yourself.

Upvote 0

Teslafied

Watt is love? Baby don't hertz me no more.
Apr 27, 2016
NC
✟16,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
May I also add that only some schizophrenics are in truth, as some forms of schizophrenia can be incoherent ramblings , but I must agree that I've seen well with myself that when I get into my schizo rants I tend to hit the nail on the head so to speak.

As for Catholics and confessionals. I'm not one to confess my sins to a man, I go to Jesus Christ to absolve my sins. Just remember nobody can live a sin free life, that's impossible , yes we can bare fruit but we will slip up and when we do thank God for the Blood.

I don't think the priests are evil but misled and I won't get into that here.

Upvote 0

Bridgida

Jul 27, 2016
London
✟26,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And then came a message concerning those who suffer from schizophrenia. It said that they are honest and thruthful and that pure evil was trying to make them seem to be mentally delusional such that their words of truth are to be ignored.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bridgida

Jul 27, 2016
London
✟26,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The writing about the Catholic Church is nonsense. Where the writing about schizophrenics make a lot of sense. I do believe this and I find that we are often too weak to follow our instinct. Once we know that here is something wrong and become more spiritual, it is the people around us who don't want to hear what we have to say. They all say we should shut up. They want us quiet, nice conforming to them. THEY WANT TO BE THE LEADERS, NOT US. So to tell us that we are mentally ill, makes them feel better. They ignore to read the Bible. THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY LAZY. They don't know that they serve the devil by telling us to shut up and to take the tablets. They are so self obsessed and believe they are so right. We do all the work. We have to get tougher with ourself. Follow what we are told by God.
And I wonder how far I would go health wise if I would do this.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There's a christian book written about deliverance especially regarding schizophrenia its called Pigs in the Parlor by the Hammonds (husband and wife ministering team) and does explain a bit about the origins of what we see is schizophrenia symptoms.

Basically the root of it is rebellion and rejection. These two demons (we who are christian can name them) cause all sorts of havoc in peoples minds so that the mind is split between the two and the are constantly at war with each other..and the the soul..the real person battling them, is stunted. In deliverance, the objective is to free the person from bondage to these demons. They cause such a tight stronghold, think of two hands tightly interlaced over a persons soul. On each finger is attached a specific demon that influences behaviour.

These strongholds must be broken by the blood of Christ and can only be done if that person first has accepted the gospel that Jesus can save them.

This is what i learned from this book I just wanted to share it here.

I have encountered people who have these symprtoms where they make up false personalities and its like they can be two different people. Some can be very religious too, but tend to go after false gospels as the war in their minds causes such confusion.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Am now reading a book called Uninvited Guest a familys journey in schizophrenia. By Jenny Robertson

From the church library...its a mother writing about her daughter who showed symptoms and she couldnt find any help with the diagnosis.

What happened with her once vibrant daughter succumbing to this affliction seems to be an intense fear of being rejected, so she rebelled against this by withdrawing from life. It happened after she went to spain on an exchange and couldnt come to grips with language and culture shock. And maybe not feeling accepted by her host family. She lost her identity or sense of self (we might call her self her soul) and had constant feelings of emptiness and trying to harm and cut herself.

The mother was at loss of how to cope with this. Ive yet to finish this book but its been quite revealing ao far.

I think to those suffering to know you are accepted in the beloved as a son or daughter of the most High is crucial, that you are His and belong. I cant think of why someone would want to harm themselves. But this mother wrote that she had to hide all the knives in the house.

Upvote 0