Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Revelation 17:5, the Harlot appears as “Babylon the Great.”

She is repeatedly called “The Great City.”

We then encounter the phrase “the great city” in

Revelation 11:8And their dead bodies will lie in the street of THE GREAT CITY which is mystically called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.”

Two things to consider.

1. There is only one city throughout the Bible which is referred to as Sodom and Egypt and guess which city IT IS NOT? IT IS NOT ROME.

But the Bible does refer metaphorically to on multiple occasions Jerusalem as Sodom and Egypt.

2. Notice the last 6 words of Revelation 11:8 “WHERE ALSO THEIR LORD WAS CRUCIFIED.”

Jesus was NOT crucified in Rome.

Jesus WAS crucified in Jerusalem.

Therefore, The Harlot, and Babylon can be none other than Jerusalem NOT Rome.

Revelation 18:24 says “In her (Babylon) was found the blood of prophets and saints.”

This same language appears in Revelation 16:6, 17:6, and 18:21 and 18:24. John is making the same statements as Jesus made in Luke 11:50-51.

Luke 11:50-51:In order that the blood of all the prophets, she’d since the foundation of the world may be charged against this generation, from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who perished between the altar and the house of God, yes, I tell you, it shall be charged against this generation.”

Rome never killed an Old Testament prophet as per Revelation 18:24, but Jerusalem certainly did.

The New Testament shows over and over the Jewish persecution of the prophets (Matt. 23:29-37; Luke 6:23-26; Luke 11:47-50; Luke 13:34; Romans 11:3; 1Thessalonians 2:15; and Hebrews 11:32-38.)

The Harlot being drunk on the blood of the saints and prophets ONLY fits Jerusalem.

Last thing: Even the Harlot’s attire provides evidence of Jerusalem.

Revelation 17:4 The woman was clothed in "PURPLE AND SCARLET...”

Revelation 18:6 “Woe, woe, the great city clothed in fine linen and PURPLE and SCARLET...”

Notice the clothing of the Harlot is the exact clothing required of the priests who served in the Temple in Jerusalem (Exodus 28:4-5 and also verses 8-9.)

This attire of the harlot also matches the decor of the Temple (Exodus 26:1).

Lastly notice the harlot has headgear (Revelation 17:5)

And so did the High Priest who served in the Old Testament Temple (Exodus 28:36 -38).

The Harlot and Babylon again only fits Jerusalem and NOT ROME!

Most that identify Rome as Babylon do so because of the phrase “the city on 7 hills” and Rome certainly was known as the city on 7 hills, but what most don’t know or either forget is that Jerusalem was known first as the city on 7 hills.
1. The Mount of Olives
2. Mount Scopus
3. Mount of Corruption
4. Original Mount Zion/called Temple Mount
5. The New Mount Zion/called Western Hill
6. Mount Ophel
7. Antonia Fortress Hill

Without having read all the other replies, (I was vacationing with family) , the woman Babylon the Great the Mother of all harlots is a false religious system. Whenever a woman is used symbolically in Scripture it is always a false religion. Many call this the one world super church, the religion of the Antichrist with the false prophet as the "pope". But whatever one wishes to call her, she is a religious system that for a while rides (has authority) over the ten world rulers.

Then there is the city called Babylon which becomes a world center of commerce and trade. I fo one am convinced that it will be the rebuilt city of Babylon that is now in Iraq and was rebuilt by S. Hussein.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No that is not a fact. It is your opinion that the first century Christian readers would have interpreted Revelation 17:4 in that manner.

To add to that. Even if they had, what kind of argument is that to begin with? You would think anyone should be able to easily see that 1st century Jerusalem does not fit Revelation 17-18. Just because some of it could maybe fit, that doesn't count unless all of it can fit.

where the harlot sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

In what way is that a description of Jerusalem in the first century? And from the time I initially asked that earlier in this thread, I still haven't noted an answer to that. If anything, the above sounds like something that can maybe fit the USA today. That's exactly what the USA consists of, peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. I'm not then saying the harlot is America, but that even America fits that description way better than 1st century Jerusalem does, yet it's neither of these.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
To add to that. Even if they had, what kind of argument is that to begin with? You would think anyone should be able to easily see that 1st century Jerusalem does not fit Revelation 17-18.

And also not first century Jerusalem in Rev 11 and 13 where the city is occupied for 42 months yet in first century Jerusalem the Roman's occupied Jerusalem for decades from before Christ until Ad66 when the Jews rebelled and the Roman's retreated. From Ad66 to Ad70 The Roman's fought to regain Jerusalem and only re-occupied Jerusalem in Ad70, and then destroyed the city. None of that matches the occupation of Jerusalem in Rev where the only damage to the city is 10 percent falling due to an Earthquake. In Revelation's GT, the city of Jerusalem is occupied but not destroyed. Same in the Olivet discourse where again no destruction of the city during the GT.

Ad70 is where Jews rebelled against the Roman's and the Roman's eventually crush them and destroy the city as punishment.

GT is where the AC and his armies occupy Jerusalem (and Israel) but do not destroy the city and are persecuting Christians not the people of Judaism. The AC causes a spiritual desolation of the city not a physical desolation.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

funny-pictures-kitten-is-tough-and-.jpg

This thread has had a clean up. Folks, direct your comments to the topic and content of the posts but not about each other. Remember the flaming rule.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well it is the holidays. Some members might be busy with other things.
Everybody?

When considering the Christian population worldwide, admittedly many are not fluid in English, and this being the largest Christian Forum on the net, the amount of participation imo is amazingly low.

Admittedly, blessed are those who God has put them into a position to be able to focus on, and be drawn to, bible prophecy.

However, imo, there are many Christians who do not want the endtimes to be their times, and don't even want to talk about, and get upset if you bring it up.

So for persons like me, the like minded field is small. Of course, God has lead many blessed Christians into other areas, to help the poor, the homeless, the sick, the downtrodden, the imprisoned, the hurting in body and spirit - that not everyone is gong to be the same parts to the body of Christ.

Something to think about though, concerning the world....

Matthew 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,387.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everybody?

When considering the Christian population worldwide, admittedly many are not fluid in English, and this being the largest Christian Forum on the net, the amount of participation imo is amazingly low.

Admittedly, blessed are those who God has put them into a position to be able to focus on, and be drawn to, bible prophecy.

However, imo, there are many Christians who do not want the endtimes to be their times, and don't even want to talk about, and get upset if you bring it up.

So for persons like me, the like minded field is small. Of course, God has lead many blessed Christians into other areas, to help the poor, the homeless, the sick, the downtrodden, the imprisoned, the hurting in body and spirit - that not everyone is gong to be the same parts to the body of Christ.

Something to think about though, concerning the world....

Matthew 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Hi Douggg,

I so agree that many believers are just going on with their lives and planning years ahead. I also agree that many are helping in various areas, (which we can all do locally) however God`s word does tell us that we are to come together more and encourage and exhort each other all the more as YOU SEE the day approaching. (Heb. 10: 25) So it does behove us to SEE & to EAGERLY WAIT for the Lord. (Heb.9: 28)

I personally believe that when the Body of Christ has come to the unity of the faith (Eph. 4: 13) by the Holy Spirit, then the Lord will come to connect with His Body. And those not `eagerly watching` will be still going to meetings and not realising that the Body has gone. They, hopefully will be part of the `great multitude that no one can count,` who will go onto the new earth. (Rev. 7: 9 & 14, Rev.21: 24))

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Skoaler

Jan 6, 2020
Bay Minette
✟15,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guys, I just have to share that I think I see something overlooked here..It seems to me that God had John to write this verse as a way to keep (some) from not being able to figure it out. Verse -- Spiritually called Sodom and Egypt,where also our Lord was crucified. Maybe I am the only one that sees this but if this were interpreted it would read --Spiritually called Sodom and Egypt and Jerusalem...thus the last line is like a parable to figure out..this meaning this great city is spiritually called Jerusalem..meaning ancient Jerusalem is not this Mystery Babylon great city..and being from Heaven it - the great city- Is spiritually called Jerusalem this explains how the blood of prophets are found in it..it could be any city.but it must be a city that rules over all the kings(presidents-ect) of the earth
.who is this city? And another thing..all text say mountains and not hills..a hill is not called a mountain I think..

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Guys, I just have to share that I think I see something overlooked here..It seems to me that God had John to write this verse as a way to keep (some) from not being able to figure it out. Verse -- Spiritually called Sodom and Egypt,where also our Lord was crucified. Maybe I am the only one that sees this but if this were interpreted it would read --Spiritually called Sodom and Egypt and Jerusalem...

It is not spiritually called Jerusalem. It is called Jerusalem because that is the city's name. Jerusalem is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt and that is spoken by John when the GT was happening. Earlier in the chapter he called Jerusalem "the holy city" and that was before the GT when the AC and his people occupy the city. It then turns from being the holy City to spiritually being Sodom and Egypt.

Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Rev 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Guys, I just have to share that I think I see something overlooked here..It seems to me that God had John to write this verse as a way to keep (some) from not being able to figure it out. Verse -- Spiritually called Sodom and Egypt,where also our Lord was crucified. Maybe I am the only one that sees this but if this were interpreted it would read --Spiritually called Sodom and Egypt and Jerusalem...thus the last line is like a parable to figure out..this meaning this great city is spiritually called Jerusalem..meaning ancient Jerusalem is not this Mystery Babylon great city..and being from Heaven it - the great city- Is spiritually called Jerusalem this explains how the blood of prophets are found in it..it could be any city.but it must be a city that rules over all the kings(presidents-ect) of the earth
.who is this city? And another thing..all text say mountains and not hills..a hill is not called a mountain I think..
It's spiritually called "Sodom and Egypt" primarily from Ezekiel 16. Mother of Harlots is written across the forehead of the Harlot is from Jeremiah 3.

Upvote 0

westide

Jan 4, 2020
LA
✟15,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Jews would have never crucified Jesus within the city of Jerusalem. Jesus was crucified outside the gates of the city. What is clear is that he was crucified within Israel. Revelation 14:20 reveals the winepress was trodden "outside the city." This clearly refers to Jerusalem. The only city mentioned earlier in the chapter is Babylon. Rebellious Israel is clearly revealed as the Mother of harlots throughout the Old Testament. God never called a system, the world, or a pagan religion his wife. Only Israel was called the "wife of God" and only rebellious Israel truly deserves the title Mother of Harlots. Jesus had a name for the rebellious of the world. He referred to the world in rebellion against God as the "world." Those who had a covenant relationship with God become harlots by associating with the world. Israel was chosen by God to be the head of all nations if she continued to obey God. She is the only nation and people who had covenantal authority over the nations of the earth. Unfortunately, Israel rebelled and nations arose to rule over her. Righteous Israel has not yet ruled over the nations of the world, but never doubt that rebellious Israel has exerted an authority over the nations. Rebellious Israel caused Babylon to rise to prominence to be used as a tool of punishment. Because Babylon also punished the righteous remnant of Israel she in turn would fall.And so on and so on.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Jews would have never crucified Jesus within the city of Jerusalem. Jesus was crucified outside the gates of the city. What is clear is that he was crucified within Israel.

He was crucified at Jerusalem. Not "in" it but "at" it which is near the city as you have said. But, the two prophets of Rev 11 are killed inside of the city but the difference in distance is unimportant.

Jerusalem is also not Babylon despite some similarities. Babylon will be far greater and more powerful than Jerusalem ever was or is. It's really like comparing a piece of sand to an entire planet.

Upvote 0

Non-profit Prophet

Dec 30, 2019
Southeastern
✟19,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He was crucified at Jerusalem. Not "in" it but "at" it which is near the city as you have said. But, the two prophets of Rev 11 are killed inside of the city but the difference in distance is unimportant.

Jerusalem is also not Babylon despite some similarities. Babylon will be far greater and more powerful than Jerusalem ever was or is. It's really like comparing a piece of sand to an entire planet.

There are numerous references to Jerusalem being the harlot in many OT books: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Hosea, etc. There aren’t “some similarities,” as you’ve said, there is scripture that openly and specifically states that Jerusalem is that great city, the prostitute, so much that it is a mystery why there’s any speculation that it is any other.

God said His wife was unfaithful, she committed adultery and prostituted herself; He swore punishment and His return to her... notice how the wedding of the Lamb and His bride immediately follow the punishment of the great prostitute in Revelation. It fits God’s promise to punish and forgive his wife... (keep in mind, if Israel is His wife, then the bride of Revelation must also be unless He commits adultery by marrying another.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There are numerous references to Jerusalem being the harlot in many OT books: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Hosea, etc. There aren’t “some similarities,” as you’ve said, there is scripture that openly and specifically states that Jerusalem is that great city, the prostitute, so much that it is a mystery why there’s any speculation that it is any other.

There's no such verse else it would have been posted already.

Babylon is a symbolic city and is fully destroyed. Jerusalem is a literal city and is not destroyed in the book of Rev.

Rev 18:17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
Rev 18:18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

Jerusalem is not burned down nor is it a port city. It simply doesn't fit the description of Babylon or it's demise.

Rev 18:19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

No ships in Jerusalem.

Rev 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
Rev 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Babylon is found no more at all yet Jerusalem still stands and is occupied at the end of the thousand years when Satan leads an army to surround it.

Rev 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
Rev 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Israel with all it'scities and Jerusalem is but one of all the nations deceived by Babylon.

Jerusalem is not Babylon in Revelation.

Upvote 0

Non-profit Prophet

Dec 30, 2019
Southeastern
✟19,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's no such verse else it would have been posted already.

Babylon is a symbolic city and is fully destroyed. Jerusalem is a literal city and is not destroyed in the book of Rev.

Rev 18:17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
Rev 18:18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

Jerusalem is not burned down nor is it a port city. It simply doesn't fit the description of Babylon or it's demise.

Rev 18:19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

No ships in Jerusalem.

Rev 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
Rev 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Babylon is found no more at all yet Jerusalem still stands and is occupied at the end of the thousand years when Satan leads an army to surround it.

Rev 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
Rev 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Israel with all it'scities and Jerusalem is but one of all the nations deceived by Babylon.

Jerusalem is not Babylon in Revelation.

So we should just ignore significant portions of scripture that literally say Jerusalem is a prostitute?! I am surprised you would dismiss all the OT books I referenced... you replied within minutes of my post, so I think it’s fair to assume you didn’t have time to research this.

Believe what you will, but no one has shown as many solid references as the Bible itself. If anyone can first convince me that scripture does not say this, then I will consider their speculative theories.

Upvote 0

J03l

Jan 17, 2020
CA
✟7,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'd like to share my point of view... Mystery Babylon based on scripture is confusing to those that say it is literary a physical city. One could say the U.S. or Rome or Jerusalem. Although those citys are guilty in part to what the scripture says about the harlot, it does not add up. Try to look at Mystery Babylon as a spiritual city... doing so you will see how it doesn't point to one city but a spiritual city that has influence over physical citys.

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So we should just ignore significant portions of scripture that literally say Jerusalem is a prostitute?!

No, but we also cannot ignore all the differences between Revelation's Babylon and Jerusalem. Jerusalem does not match what is said about Babylon. You didn't even bother to address the differences I provided that prove the two cities are different.

Upvote 0

J03l

Jan 17, 2020
CA
✟7,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is kinda sad, I read through the whole thread and not one person understand who the Harlot is. You make the mistake on "MANDATING" that a "GREAT CITY" everywhere its mentioned has to be The Harlot even though the Great City is only one of FOUR DESCRIPTORS, did you realize that ? In Rev. 17:18 the angel pointed John back to his VISION, which was only four verses long, from verse 3-6, and WHAT HE SAW !! He saw Mystery, {COMMA}, Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots AND Abominations of the whole Earth. So not one descriptor but four, you just choose to focus on one and run with it everywhere you see "GREAT CITY" and there were many great cities not one anyway.

A Harlot wore a Headband on her head to identify her to her prospective customers, to identify her to her clients. Likewise this Harlot has FOUR Descriptors to tell us who she is. Solve her NAME TAGS and we can figure out who she is, its really simple once you see what they mean.

Mystery, after Shem killed Nimrod they took these Mystery Religions underground, they are secret societies religions like the Masons etc. etc. plus they are false gods.

Babylon the Great is known for all of her False gods/religions.

The Mother of Harlots, Semiramis, Nimrods mother/wife, gave birth to these false religions.

Abominations of the Earth, God sees the Worship of ANY god but him as an Abomination. Now add all the name tags up and you have the identity of WHO the Harlot is.

The Harlot = ALL FALSE RELIGION of All Time.

The Harlot {False Religion} RIDES the [Gov] Beast. They were co-mingled for eons, every Beast Gov. had FALSE gods they served, thus the Harlot Rides the BEAST !!

Now it all fits, this way she can have the Blood of the Saints {Jews of Old} AND the Martyrs of Christ Jesus on her hands. All False Religion covers ALL Transgressions, no City can kill anyone, serving false gods can be the culprit of these deaths, the RCC wasn't even around until almost 400 AD, so it can't have ALL the blood on its hands. I have an old Thread explaining all this in detail BELOW.

Babylon, The Harlot and the Seven Headed Beast Explained

Those who think its a CITY are wrong, those who think its America are also wrong, those who think its the RCC or a Pope are wrong. It has to be TWO DIFFERENT ENTITIES, the Harlot RIDES the Beast !!

In Rev. 17:16 the Kings in league with the Beast KILL OFF the Harlot, because now guess what, the Beast wants to be worshiped as the ONLY god !! There is now no place for Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism or any other god, thus they DESTROY the Harlot after being co-mingled for years and years. Islam being wiped out cover the majority if the 1/4 of all Mankind he kills off, or 2 Billion people, he also kills of the Remnant Church Saints and the Jews. The Kings {REMEMBER THIS} rejoice when the Harlot is burned, but in Rev. 18 when Babylon is burned they act very different, NOTICE THAT ? They CRY and LAMENT her demise, Babylon represents GOVERNMENT, and God uses the Beast and his Kings to judge the Harlot BUT......God Himself via the Seals, Trumpets and Vials judges Babylon.

Babylon = ALL FALSE Governance under Satan's Dark Kingdom on earth. Babylon the Head of Gold represents the Statue that is toppled when it is hit by the Rock {Jesus} in the feet !! Amen.

Babylon means confusion, who is more confused than men fighting against God at Armageddon ?

Rev. 16: 19 tells us who Babylon the Great is..........

19 And the great city was divided into three parts {Earthquake/Jesus lands on Mt. Zion}, and the cities of the nations fell {God defeats all the Nations at Armageddon}: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath {God calls those Nations He defeats Babylon the Great}.

So who did Jesus defeat ? Well the 6th Vial tells us....we have to know how to follow these leads.

Rev. 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. 13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

So Babylon the Great who God defeats = the Kings of the WHOLE WORLD !!

Babylon = Satan's Dark Kingdom on Earth. Satan told Jesus in Luke ch. 4 that all these kingdoms were his to do whatsoever he willed with !!

Babylon in Rev. 18 is the whole world getting destroyed by Gods Judgments. In verse 2 we see God says Babylon is Fallen and that it has become the Habitation of devils. Well that fits, Satan and his demons have been cast out of Heaven and Apollyon and his hordes of demons have been released from the bottomless pit via the First Woe. By the way, Apollyon is the Scarlet Colored Beast of Rev. 17, thus he has NO CROWNS at all, whereas the Beasts of Rev. 12 {7 CROWNS on 7 Heads} and Rev. 13 {10 CROWNS on 10 Horns} both have Crowns !!

In verse 4 we see God ask his people to come out of her lest she receive of Babylon {Worlds} plagues, and that is just God calling the Jews who repented to Flee Judea {see Matt. 24:15-17} and to flee unto Petra it seems.

Of course Babylon's Merchants are crying, the WHOLE WORLD {Babylon} is being destroyed by God's Judgments. The Seals kill 2 billion people, Satan is cast to earth, the Trumps burn ALL the grasses and 1/3 of the trees, 1/3 of the sea is turned to blood and 1/3 of the fish/shrimp die, 1/3 of the ships/planes/cars are destroyed, 1/3 of the fresh waters are poisoned, and the three Woes are up next, the 200 Million Angelic Army slays about 1.5 billion people and the 3rd Woe is ALL 7 Vials. So of course the Merchants are devastated by these events.

Verse 8 says her {Babylon/Worlds} Judgment is come in ONE DAY and then verse 10 says her Judgment is come in ONE HOUR and we know both = 42 Months. The Day of the Lord lasts 42 months and we see in Rev. 17:12 that the Kings rule for ONE HOUR {42 Months} with the Beast. So its the whole World that is getting Judged by the Seal, Trumpet and Vial Judgments.

The Harlot RIDES the Beast...........until he kills her off, demands to be worshiped as the ONLY god, then God eventually Judges the Anti-Christ Beast by casting him and the False Prophet into hell.

I agree would just like to say, the harlot is not only false religion but also a demonic spiritual influence that cause the nations to go astray. Not only in other religions but also affects Christians. For if we do our own will and not God's will, what separates us from other religions. Now concerning the beast that goes to war with the harlot excellent point. Not only will religions be persecuted but all of humanity's freedom. Because of the harlot influencing human freedom the nations went after false gods and their own ways. When the beast and kings go to war with the harlot they will destroy her by taking away freedom. The harlot operates through freedom while the beast seeks a despotic government.

Last edited:
Upvote 0