Visit site
✟12,170.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hebrews are the decendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; not Jews. You need to understand what you are talking about.

I'm referring to the descendants with the covenant confirmed in Abraham then confirmed in Isaac then confirmed in Israel that's applicable to all fgd descendants which makes us children of Israel. Jew is a modern word which means Israel.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
I'm referring to the descendants with the covenant confirmed in Abraham then confirmed in Isaac then confirmed in Israel that's applicable to all fgd descendants which makes us children of Israel. Jew is a modern word which means Israel.

Did you read post #1. ???:confused:

Upvote 0

Messianic Jewboy

Senior Veteran
Dec 17, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
✟12,170.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Did you read post #1. ???:confused:

Yes I did. I'm a Jew andnwas circumcised on the 8th day because the Abrahamic covenant is an everlasting covenant. The covenant is between God and Abraham not for all humanity. The sign of the covenant was confirmed in Isaac and Jacob then the 12 tribes of Israel. The sign of the covenant which is circumcision is what makes one a Jew/child of Israel.

Again Jew doesn't mean what you say it means.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Qnts2

Jan 31, 2012
✟2,056.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews are the decendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; not Jews. You need to understand what you are talking about.

Jacob was renamed Israel. The descendents of Jacob/Israel are called the children of Israel. Starting with the Babylonian exhile, all those exhiled from Judea (some of all 12 tribes) were called 'Jews'. So the decendents of Jacob=Children of Israel=Jewish people.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Jacob was renamed Israel. The descendents of Jacob/Israel are called the children of Israel. Starting with the Babylonian exhile, all those exhiled from Judea (some of all 12 tribes) were called 'Jews'. So the decendents of Jacob=Children of Israel=Jewish people.

The scriptures in post #1 makes it clear that other people joined the Hebrews to form the nation of Israel.

Upvote 0

Messianic Jewboy

Senior Veteran
Dec 17, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
✟12,170.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The scriptures in post #1 makes it clear that other people joined the Hebrews to form the nation of Israel.

Right as per Exodus 12:48. But you're getting it backwards. Other people joined the nation of Israel and were subject to the same law as the native born.

Look at Elijah and Naaman. Naaman didn't the join nation of Israel, he went back to his own land. What's even more interesting is that Naaman was worried that he had to worship the idol next to the king and Elijah let him slide. Elijah didn't get out the knife.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

A Jew is a convert to Judaism and the Hebrews are a ethnic group of people.

Contrary to popular belief, Jews are not a race, but a assembly of peoples.

They are the congregation of Zion. And that is according to scripture and history.
A Hebrew may or may not be a Jew.

Perhaps...

But for sure, the Kohanim arte both.

Genetic testing has established that the kohanim has essentially kept the commandment not to marry outside of Levities, and genetics supports them as resolved in this since 1362AD.

The Tests also date Moses at the same time the Pharaoh changed to a monotheism which he mandated over all Egypt, though he tried to re-establish himself as the son of that one God.

The fact that all cohans, kohns, etc are related to just one man who lived way back in 1350BC suggests the father of all these men was Aaron.
It confirms that these priests are both Jews and hebrews.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Right as per Exodus 12:48. But you're getting it backwards. Other people joined the nation of Israel and were subject to the same law as the native born.

Look at Elijah and Naaman. Naaman didn't the join nation of Israel, he went back to his own land. What's even more interesting is that Naaman was worried that he had to worship the idol next to the king and Elijah let him slide. Elijah didn't get out the knife.

Israel was a people before they became a nation. And the other people who were not Hebrew also became part of the nation of Israel. Yahwah is the God of mankind.

Upvote 0

LOCO

Church Militant
Jun 29, 2011
✟16,689.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Isn't Semite the ethnicity of Jews, what about the converts to Judaism who are Anglo or African or Asian?

They cannot be called Semites as the Semite race includes certain Arab groups as well who may be Muslim.

So if someone is anti-Semite they would have issues not only with Jewish people but also some Arabs.

Would it be that:

1. Judaism their religion;
2. Hebrew their language?
3. Semite their ethnic group?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Messianic Jewboy

Senior Veteran
Dec 17, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
✟12,170.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Israel was a people before they became a nation. And the other people who were not Hebrew also became part of the nation of Israel. Yahwah is the God of mankind.

Right God is God of all humankind, so what's your point?

Romans 3:29; Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

Upvote 0
H

Huram Abi

Perhaps...

But for sure, the Kohanim arte both.

Genetic testing has established that the kohanim has essentially kept the commandment not to marry outside of Levities, and genetics supports them as resolved in this since 1362AD.

The Tests also date Moses at the same time the Pharaoh changed to a monotheism which he mandated over all Egypt, though he tried to re-establish himself as the son of that one God.

The fact that all cohans, kohns, etc are related to just one man who lived way back in 1350BC suggests the father of all these men was Aaron.
It confirms that these priests are both Jews and hebrews.

There is no such test. In order to genetically test for a link to Aaron, we would have to have a sample of Aarons DNA.

Also, you can't derive dates from a genetic test. That information is not stored in DNA.

Whatever site you got this false information from, you need to stop going to it. Or, if it generates from you, which most things you claim have no external source and you come to these conclusions on your own without any support, then you certainly should stop claiming there is such a genetic test.

And please don't post some chart about haplogroup J or something similar, which has no ability to support what you are claiming here.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Right God is God of all humankind, so what's your point?

Romans 3:29; Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

When I'm making these threads I also have to ask myself, what is the point? Because I know someome is going to ask me, "what is the point?" I do not know, maybe it is pointless to make these threads.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
God is The God of mankind! Praise The LORD. For His glorious mercy upon all creation, great and small. With no respect of mankind, He judges all. Blameless, perfect, we desire His ways. Upon His own soul's, His love forever remains.

Then God first before traditions?

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

When I'm making these threads I also have to ask myself, what is the point? Because I know someome is going to ask me, "what is the point?" I do not know, maybe it is pointless to make these threads.

I think that all threads, including this one, are important for christians in general.

You raise an important point which needs discussion.

Though it is usually assumed the people in a discussion are erudite scholars trained by the Rabbi, (a bias which is too restricted to be valuable in itself), the most emanent scholars admit that commentary is the major way we edify ours selves in general, and specifically the process by which we learn what is true from scripture.

Mat[bless and do not curse]18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name (Truth), there am I (Truth), in the midst of them.

Upvote 0