Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Does God inspire the Holy Spirit, or does the Holy Spirit inspire God?

If they are one in essence, then I would think that none inspires another. If one person performs an act, the other (in unity of essence) performs in them. If the Father creates, the Son creates. If the Son creates, the Holy Spirit creates. It is performed ontologically.

When Jesus was raised from the dead, the performance was credited to himself (John 10:18), to the Father (Acts 2:32), and to the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:11).

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't see either one inspiring the other. "Inspire" seems like the wrong concept.
Are you saying God is not inspired?

To be inspired is to be energized with life.

What energy animates God?
What energy excites God?
What energy motivates God?
What energy moves God to act?

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If they are one in essence, then I would think that none inspires another. If one person performs an act, the other (in unity of essence) performs in them. If the Father creates, the Son creates. If the Son creates, the Holy Spirit creates. It is performed ontologically.

When Jesus was raised from the dead, the performance was credited to himself (John 10:18), to the Father (Acts 2:32), and to the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:11).
By what power did the Holy Spirit raise the Son?
By what power did the Father raise the Son?
By what power did the Son raise the Son?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums