Veteran
Mar 16, 2006
✟17,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joey44 said:
I see,you mean like John when he ate those mushrooms to write Revelation.

Jud 1:18-23
(18) because they told you that at the last time there will be mockers according to their lusts, leading ungodly lives.
(19) These are those setting themselves apart, animal-like ones, not having the Spirit.
(20) But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
(21) keep yourselves in the love of God, eagerly awaiting the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to everlasting life.
(22) But pity some, making distinction.
(23) But save others with fear, snatching them out of the fire; hating even the garment having been stained from the flesh.

I wish you were as afraid for yourself as I am for you.

Upvote 0

Joey44

Apr 15, 2006
✟406.00
Faith
Baptist
http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=7764

Dress Code for Women
Standard of Dress
Liberty University trains students from all walks of life for many different professions and, most importantly, for serving as Champions for Christ. For this reason, the University has established a standard of dress for the University community, which is conducive to a Christ-like environment. Cleanliness, neatness, appropriateness and modesty are important as guiding factors.

Students are expected to dress modestly at all times (Uncovering the Truth About Modesty).

Standard of Dress for WOMEN
Hair and clothing styles related to counterculture (as determined by the Deans’ Review Committee) are not acceptable. Dresses and skirts should be no shorter than the top of the knee (sitting or standing). Skirt slits should be modest; open slits should be no higher than the top of the knee, closed slits should be no higher than two inches from the top of the knee. Shoulder straps should be no less than two inches wide. Anything tight, scant, backless, see-through, low in the neckline or revealing the midriff (in any position) is immodest and unacceptable. Slips should be worn under thin material. Earrings and plugs are permitted in ears only. No other facial piercings or plugs are allowed, including tongue.

Upvote 0

BroShane

Apr 6, 2006
Alabama
✟15,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Weasel7711 said:
But seriously, I hope this thread is just a satire on fundamentality.

Fundamentlaism is nothing like our friend portrays it and, if it were an attempt at satire, it fails because he doesn't understand it.

Joey44 said:
I see,you mean like John when he ate those mushrooms to write Revelation.

Anyone else need more evidence of this troll? Blasphemy seems to be a small concern for this person.

livingword26 said:

I'll second that. Pray for this person, that he will be saved. What a testimony it would be.

Upvote 0

Joey44

Apr 15, 2006
✟406.00
Faith
Baptist
BroShane said:
Fundamentlaism is nothing like our friend portrays it and, if it were an attempt at satire, it fails because he doesn't understand it.

Anyone else need more evidence of this troll? Blasphemy seems to be a small concern for this person.

I'll second that. Pray for this person, that he will be saved. What a testimony it would be.

Was Jesus family saved?

John 7:5
For even his own brothers did not believe in him.

Mark 3:21
When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

Upvote 0

Joey44

Apr 15, 2006
✟406.00
Faith
Baptist
livingword26 said:
Jud 1:18-23
(18) because they told you that at the last time there will be mockers according to their lusts, leading ungodly lives.
(19) These are those setting themselves apart, animal-like ones, not having the Spirit.
(20) But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
(21) keep yourselves in the love of God, eagerly awaiting the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to everlasting life.
(22) But pity some, making distinction.
(23) But save others with fear, snatching them out of the fire; hating even the garment having been stained from the flesh.

nothing to be afraid of me about

Upvote 0

livingword26

Veteran
Mar 16, 2006
✟17,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joey44 said:
Was Jesus family saved?

When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

Almost everyone denied Him before He was crucified, even Peter denied Him.

Mat 26:34
(34) Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Jesus new this would happen,but He also knew that when he rose from the dead it would be a different story. It was only after He rose from the dead that people really began to understand who he really was. If you would just read the bible with prayer, perhaps the Lord would show you these things. You have brought a great many lies to this forum, only to be shown the truth over and over again, and you continually reject it. Do you think that you are going to be able to convince a real Christian of these lies? I have heard you state many times that we just believe what we were taught. Don't you know that God speaks to people and teaches them the truth? I was raised in an athiest home. I did not read the bible until I was an adult. No one taught me to believe anything. I didn't just decide to be a Christian one day and pick up the doctrine book and buy what everyone else was teaching. God has taught me. God has spoken to me. He is real, and not to be played with. What exactly is it that you think you are doing here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joey44

Apr 15, 2006
✟406.00
Faith
Baptist
livingword26 said:
Almost everyone denied Him before He was crucified, even Peter denied Him.

Mat 26:34
(34) Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Jesus new this would happen,but He also knew that when he rose from the dead it would be a different story. It was only after He rose from the dead that people really began to understand who he really was. If you would just read the bible with prayer, perhaps the Lord would show you these things. You have brought a great many lies to this forum, only to be shown the truth over and over again, and you continually reject it. Do you think that you are going to be able to convince a real Christian of these lies? I have heard you state many times that we just believe what we were taught. Don't you know that God speaks to people and teaches them the truth? I was raised in an athiest home. I did not read the bible until I was an adult. No one taught me to believe anything. I didn't just decide to be a Christian one day and pick up the doctrine book and buy what everyone else was teaching. God has taught me. God has spoken to me. He is real, and not to be played with. What exactly is it that you think you are doing here?

Well anyway Jesus family never became christians as you can plainly see.And they knew him in person.

Upvote 0

livingword26

Veteran
Mar 16, 2006
✟17,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joey44 said:
Well anyway Jesus family never became christians as you can plainly see.And they knew him in person.

As you can plainly see you are incorrect. As you pointed out earlier, James, Jesus' brother, wrote a book in the bible, obviously he came to believe. We know His mother Mary was often present at His teachings, she knew He was the Savior, There is'nt a lot of information on any of the rest of His family, but we know these two were saved.

Upvote 0

Joey44

Apr 15, 2006
✟406.00
Faith
Baptist
livingword26 said:
As you can plainly see you are incorrect. As you pointed out earlier, James, Jesus' brother, wrote a book in the bible, obviously he came to believe. We know His mother Mary was often present at His teachings, she knew He was the Savior, There is'nt a lot of information on any of the rest of His family, but we know these two were saved.

Where did James say he was a believer in Jesus,and Mary was just being a good Jewish mother.Where does it say she believed in Jesus?

Upvote 0

livingword26

Veteran
Mar 16, 2006
✟17,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joey44 said:
Where did James say he was a believer in Jesus,and Mary was just being a good Jewish mother.Where does it say she believed in Jesus?

Well for starters, Paul refers to James as an apostle in:

Gal 1:19
19 But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord's brother.
NKJV

If you believe that this is the same James that wrote the book of James in the bible then he says this about himself:

James 1:1
1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
KJV

Mary knew before the baby was conceived that He would be the Son of the Most High God. Read the first chaper of Luke where the Angel of the Lord tells her about it.

Luke 1:30-33
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary : for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

Again I say, why don't you just read the bible.

Luke 1:41-47
41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary , the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
KJV

Upvote 0

Joey44

Apr 15, 2006
✟406.00
Faith
Baptist
livingword26 said:
Well for starters, Paul refers to James as an apostle in:

Gal 1:19
NKJV

If you believe that this is the same James that wrote the book of James in the bible then he says this about himself:

1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
KJV

From Joey:I don't see were he said he was a believer in Jesus,do you?

Mary knew before the baby was conceived that He would be the Son of the Most High God. Read the first chaper of Luke where the Angel of the Lord tells her about it.

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary : for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

Again I say, why don't you just read the bible.

From Joey:Why didn't Mary tell her family so that they could get saved?Or did the whole thing that Luke wrote wrote about slip her mind and she forgot about it?

41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary , the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
KJV

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
R

Romanseight2005

How is " James a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,"...
not saying that he is a believer in Jesus as his Lord?

Gal 1:19-20

Here is the greek for the word apostle.

NKJV
apostolos

NT:652 apostolos (ap-os'-tol-os); from NT:649; a delegate; specially, an ambassador of the Gospel; officially a commissioner of Christ ["apostle"] (with miraculous powers):

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Upvote 0

livingword26

Veteran
Mar 16, 2006
✟17,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joey44 said:
KJV

From Joey:I don't see were he said he was a believer in Jesus,do you?

What exactly do you think a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ is?

KJV

KJV

From Joey:Why didn't Mary tell her family so that they could get saved?Or did the whole thing that Luke wrote wrote about slip her mind and she forgot about it?

What makes you think she didn't?

Upvote 0

Joey44

Apr 15, 2006
✟406.00
Faith
Baptist
livingword26 said:

From Joey:Could be Janitor,maid,slave.

If she did then the chose to go to hell because they said the didn't believe him and they thought he had a menat problem and they went to take him to maybe see a doctor but Jesus put up a big fuss and denid that is realy family was him family.

Upvote 0

livingword26

Veteran
Mar 16, 2006
✟17,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joey44 said:
livingword26 said:

From Joey:Could be Janitor,maid,slave.

Could be. A janitor, maid, or slave of Jesus Christ, believes in Jesus Christ. However, since Paul called Him and apostle, I think he was an apostle, and we know that apostles of Christ believe in Christ, don't we?

If she did then the chose to go to hell because they said the didn't believe him and they thought he had a menat problem and they went to take him to maybe see a doctor but Jesus put up a big fuss and denid that is realy family was him family.

What is a menat problem, and what are you talking about? They all knew in the end who He was. The scriptures clearly show it. Not that it really matters since you don't really beleive in the scriptures

Upvote 0

Joey44

Apr 15, 2006
✟406.00
Faith
Baptist
livingword26 said:
Could be. A janitor, maid, or slave of Jesus Christ, believes in Jesus Christ. However, since Paul called Him and apostle, I think he was an apostle, and we know that apostles of Christ believe in Christ, don't we?

What is a menat problem, and what are you talking about? They all knew in the end who He was. The scriptures clearly show it. Not that it really matters since you don't really beleive in the scriptures

I've been called an apostle also.

I ment ''Mental ''

and they said''HE IS OUT OF HIS MIND!''And we have come to take him to see a doctor''

Thats how we would say it today.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.