The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few
Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Rosieace said:
:cool: Can you please let us know if this has any meaning?I would answer you but i dont know what :bow: Rosieace
It's an Assemblies of God saying. The A/G HQ's is decked out in teal, so it is said therefore that anyone who lives, eats, and breathes A/G principals "bleeds teal." I am surprised no one has heard that saying before.

HQ_top_view.jpg

All Hail the Vatican - The Mighty A/G HQ. ;) (Its huge it spans like a whole city block - plus its teal)

Upvote 0

Shalia

Veteran
Sep 7, 2004
Utah
✟9,882.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, the Bible I currently read from has a dark green cover, so I shall say dark green.

There are parts of the AoG beliefs I seem to agree w/, others I don't. But I like AoG churches best and that's where I attend. But I hold no allegiance to a religion, only to Christ.

Upvote 0

Laurie

How come abbreviated is such a long word
Jun 24, 2004
Kentucky
✟8,701.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Bleed teal....nope never heard of that, but i've seen shirts that say "I bleed blue" I live in Kentucky so the basket ball team is the Wildcats, color..blue. So its all about game spirit i guess

haha, bleed teal... HAHAHAHAHA *cough* very interesting *laughs to herself*

Upvote 0

kspchemist

Bible Thumper
May 7, 2004
Baxter, KY
✟15,859.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I live in Kentucky so the basket ball team is the Wildcats, color..blue. So its all about game spirit i guess
WOO HOO Go 'Cats!! Oh wait, I can't say that. I'm from Indiana. I guess I have fully transplanted into Kentucky.

Upvote 0

Laurie

How come abbreviated is such a long word
Jun 24, 2004
Kentucky
✟8,701.00
Faith
Pentecostal
kspchemist said:
WOO HOO Go 'Cats!! Oh wait, I can't say that. I'm from Indiana. I guess I have fully transplanted into Kentucky.
Indiana? Indiana?! INDIANA?!? INDIANA?!?!?

hehe, sorry, but all I hear about around my family during these basket ball things is how "hoosers" (sp?) are such a joke! :D

JUST KIDDING ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kspchemist

Bible Thumper
May 7, 2004
Baxter, KY
✟15,859.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
hehe, sorry, but all I hear about around my family during these basket ball things is how "hoosers" (sp?) are such a joke! :D
I'm not going to defend them. Their teams the past couple of years were pretty sorry.

A side note: I used to live a couple of miles from the HS that the movie Hoosiers was about.

Upvote 0

pastorruss

Aug 19, 2004
Tampa
Visit site
✟7,666.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I used to bleed "teal"

I used to be an A/G minister. But honestly, I got sick of the politics involved in denominationalism. The A/G has great beliefs but they can be very dogmatic on some doctrines that you dont need to be dogmatic about. One of which is the pre-trib rapture. Dont get me wrong, I lean towards and hope for a pre-trib rapture but the Bible is certainly not clear on it. Post trib is a viable option from scripture. But if you dont strongly hold to pre -trib and pre-trib alone than you cant be A/G minister. This goes the same for the initial physical evidence, the role of prophets and apostles in th e church, and manifestation s of the Holy Ghost. So to answer your question I dont bleed teal anymore.

Upvote 0

Guioam

Jesus is Lord
Sep 2, 2004
Vancouver
✟892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Boo for Doctrine:D

I was really struggleing with some doctrine **** that i encountered on this site here but Jesus Showed me the part where he rebuked the pharisies for teaching human precerts as doctrine!

Then the enemy brought it up again in church on Sunday and was really strangling me with it but then God showed me this part:
As a result, we are (32) no longer to be children, (33) tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by (34) craftiness in (35) deceitful scheming;

Yeah boo for doctrine. I belive Jesus is the Son of God Jesus is awsome Jesus saved us from our sins and Jesus is awsome:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d0c markus

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few
Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
pastorruss said:
I used to bleed "teal"

I used to be an A/G minister. But honestly, I got sick of the politics involved in denominationalism. The A/G has great beliefs but they can be very dogmatic on some doctrines that you dont need to be dogmatic about. One of which is the pre-trib rapture. Dont get me wrong, I lean towards and hope for a pre-trib rapture but the Bible is certainly not clear on it. Post trib is a viable option from scripture. But if you dont strongly hold to pre -trib and pre-trib alone than you cant be A/G minister. This goes the same for the initial physical evidence, the role of prophets and apostles in th e church, and manifestation s of the Holy Ghost. So to answer your question I dont bleed teal anymore.
I like the AG for the most part, I even went to CBC in preparation for ministry within thier doors. Then I took, A/G history and Doctrine... fascinating stuff, but they pushed and pushed tongues. Frankly its just not that important. So I left. But yea, the general council stinks of politics and out of the A/G i go.

One thing they taught me though, is that you may have your own view of the end times providing that you dont preach anything other than pre-trib.

Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I go to an AOG church.

What's interesting to me is how much doctrine is agreed upon in theory and then NOT practiced. Truth to tell, my church is hardly Pentecostal. In practice it is closer to Baptist or Nazarene churches who acknowledge the existence of the Holy Spirit but forbid His move.

I am tired of playing church. I am grieved by Christians who embrace one doctrine but practice another.

Nor do I believe that any one denomination has all the truth, anyway. The Lord gave me a vision one night which showed me how much truth we are lacking. He showed me a scroll with large holes in it--whole pieces of doctrine missing. Other parts of the scroll were old and neglected. Worse still were the parts where truth existed but it was disdained because of unbelief. It looked like worms were eating it.

Why are we so proud? None of us has all the truth. I believe that we need to pray for the Lord to correct us, Prov. 3:11-12.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.