Who hasnt been baptised?

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Oh it does. Its the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross that saves me, not having my head dunked in water

---Again, Acts 2:41 demonstrates one who has not been baptized has not accepted the gospel. And Matt 28:19 shows disciples are made by baptizing. Since the bible does not contradict itself, no verse changes or trumps these two.

---Christ, on the cross, tasted death for every man, Hebrews 2:9, yet every man will not be saved for every man will not do as Christ said to be saved, that is, every man will not believe -John 3:16; repent -Luke 13:3; confess - Matthew 10:32-33 and be baptized - Mark 16:16.

---1 Corinthians 1:12-13, Paul's point here in healing the division within the church at Corinth, is that if you are "OF" someone then two things of that someone must be true. That someone must be (1) crucified for you and (2) you must be baptized in that someone's name. These two things are only true of Christ therefore the Corinthians cannot be OF Paul or OF Cephas or OF Apollos. Therefore if you are to be "OF Christ" then these two things must be true for you:

(1) was Christ crucified for you? Yes, He tasted death for every man which includes you. Then why isn't every man saved? Because not every one has met the second condition Paul laid out to be "of Christ":

(2) have you been baptized in the name of Christ? I have.

BOTH must be true if one is to be "of Christ".

---God has chosen water baptism as the point where he saves, where He removes the body of sin. Colossians 2:11-12. No one has the power or authority to change the point God has chosen to save man.

Upvote 0

daleksteve

Jun 6, 2015
✟16,732.00
Faith
Salvation Army
---God has chosen water baptism as the point where he saves, where He removes the body of sin. Colossians 2:11-12. No one has the power or authority to change the point God has chosen to save man.

This then would suggest that you need to be baptized every time you sin.

The word of God says Hebrews 8:12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

So basically i have been forgiven, god no longer remembers my sin but apparently he still needs to wash them from me by water despite choosing not to remember them and also given me a free pardon from them.

It's so sad to come here and be told your not saved because you have not been baptized. i guess giving my life to Jesus in 1996 was worthless then cause i am still going to hell.

Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This then would suggest that you need to be baptized every time you sin.

The word of God says Hebrews 8:12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

So basically i have been forgiven, god no longer remembers my sin but apparently he still needs to wash them from me by water despite choosing not to remember them and also given me a free pardon from them.

It's so sad to come here and be told your not saved because you have not been baptized. i guess giving my life to Jesus in 1996 was worthless then cause i am still going to hell.

The bible does not say one has to be re-baptized every time one sins.

The purpose of baptism is "for the remission of sins" Acts 2:38. Therefore when one is baptized, this is the point where the blood of Christ BEGINS to wash away all sins. After baptism, the Christian then continues to walk in the light whereby Christ's blood CONTINUES to wash away all sins the Christian commits, 1 John 1:7.

Simon believed and was baptized (Acts 8:13) and later sinned by trying to buy the power of the Holy Spirit. Peter did not command him to be baptized again for this sin yet commanded him to repent. Confessing and repenting of sins is part of the walking in the light the Christian does for his sins to be continually cleansed away by the blood of Christ.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Why not? The title or OP does not specify...?
The rule of thumb is that if you say only "Baptism" you are referring to water baptism. If you mean baptism in the holy spirit you specify "baptism in the holy spirit."

Upvote 0