Who got your Saved?? POLL

Who got you saved???????????????????????????????

• God and me -- yes, I also did my part

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Me alone I made the right decision -- apparently smarter than my neighbor

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • God did it all -- thank God I was not involved!

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it was some kids in my college dorm that asked me if I was saved and were very up in my face, which was unnerving
did not know what they were talking about as had been raised Catholic and became quite confused then

but ultimately those kids in the dorm got me thinking and praying and finding out what it meant
so don't know how to vote in poll.....God thru others?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
it was some kids in my college dorm that asked me if I was saved and were very up in my face, which was unnerving
did not know what they were talking about as had been raised Catholic and became quite confused then
Yeah, that's a really "evangelical" question to ask someone. I don't cut right to the chase like that- I don't want to be treated like a "street preacher".

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God used other people to get me where I am.

My sister didn't "get" me saved, but she led me to Christ.

Sometimes we are blessed and we have the privilege of introducing someone to Jesus.

One that I introduced many years ago now goes to Africa each year and preaches to thousands. I'm very humbled.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sometimes we are blessed and we have the privilege of introducing someone to Jesus.

One that I introduced many years ago now goes to Africa each year and preaches to thousands. I'm very humbled.

M-Bob

Praise God!!!

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Humans tend to mess things up when we're involved, but from my personal experience, we're still participants. God used other people to get me where I am.

Yes ... God does condescend to work "with us" ...

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart ... and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy ... and My burden is light. "

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But, (only) the (ones) who (God has chosen) beforehand will we be able to introduce to Him. Others are blinded and do not understand the Gospel.

Is that fair?
Who am I to say -- little man?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't cut right to the chase like that- I don't want to be treated like a "street preacher".

It's the Holy Spirit who prepares them.

Some require a light touch.

While others need to be hit over the head.

God please help us to know the difference.

M-Bob

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was raised Catholic (like Augustine was) and always knew about God.

When I was about 27 or so I was having a problem and prayed about it. I turned to Him and He spoke to my heart and told me something about the problem that really helped me a lot, then and for the rest of my life.

God reveals Himself to us.
But we have to say YES to Him.

In every other religion man is trying to reach up to God.
In our "religion" God is always reaching down to us. All we have to do is say yes to Him and trust in Him.

My part was believing and trusting in Him.

7e410beda2895c16fc79d0703fafa36f.jpg

Upvote 0

Enigma42310

May 14, 2018
OKC
✟12,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was raised Catholic (like Augustine was) and always knew about God.

When I was about 27 or so I was having a problem and prayed about it. I turned to Him and He spoke to my heart and told me something about the problem that really helped me a lot, then and for the rest of my life.

God reveals Himself to us.
But we have to say YES to Him.

In every other religion man is trying to reach up to God.
In our "religion" God is always reaching down to us. All we have to do is say yes to Him and trust in Him.

My part was believing and trusting in Him.

7e410beda2895c16fc79d0703fafa36f.jpg

I think that's the best way to explain what I think about it too. God reveals himself to us, but you need to believe in him and be ready to accept him.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
God died for me (John 3:14-16).
God drew me unto himself (John 6:44 & 12:32).
God convicted me of sin, righteousness and judgement (John 16:8).
God gave me a measure of faith (Romans 12:3).
I believed (John 6:29).

Here is a good book on the matter~~~> https://discoveryseries.org/courses/gods-choice-or-ours/ . They ask for an email address but it's well worth the read.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, there are a few different views running around here it seems???
This might be interesting??????
M-Bob
None of your poll answers are correct for me.
There was/is nothing I can do to save myself. I did nothing. However there is something that I didn't do, I didn't reject the Gospel message, thereby rejecting the Lord Jesus and God the Father.
Believing, I repented and was reconciled to God.

Acts 17:30-31
The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all men everywhere to repent, because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and of this he has given assurance to all men by raising him from the dead.

He assures all men everywhere that they will be judged righteously, thus He justly commands all men everywhere to repent.
Man holds back his own salvation, not God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Humans tend to mess things up when we're involved, but from my personal experience, we're still participants. God used other people to get me where I am.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that's the best way to explain what I think about it too. God reveals himself to us, but you need to believe in him and be ready to accept him.
Absolutely.
God has always revealed Himself to man, in one way or another.
Didn't the American Indian know there was a Great Spirit? They just didn't have the name for Him.
Romans 1:19-20 tells us that God made it evident to man, since the creation, that He exists and that this could be clearly seen.
Also see Acts 17:27

And, just like even some in the deepest jungle could know God and accept him, we too have the ability to decide to embrace God and be servants to Him and not the enemy.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 4:7 and Matthew 23:37 are pretty solid for me in regards to man having free will with God. We have an entire Bible of God lamenting over man's lack of bad choices. If God predetermined some men to be saved and others to be evil, the Bible really wouldn't make any sense.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 4:7 and Matthew 23:37 are pretty solid for me in regards to man having free will with God. We have an entire Bible of God lamenting over man's lack of bad choices. If God predetermined some men to be saved and others to be evil, the Bible really wouldn't make any sense.
Amen!
And praise be to our loving and merciful God who desires all men to be saved -- and leaves the decision to their free will.
:amen:

Upvote 0