who exactly was the one spoken of in Ezekiel 28?

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
so before commenting this is quite long i will just post a video and a website link to this so please listen before commenting. due to differences in masoretic and sephurgant text it is quite difficult to gain a proper understanding of the intention of the person being spoken of.

Reactions: kufe

kufe

Sep 16, 2018
Mississauga
✟12,337.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so before commenting this is quite long i will just post a video and a website link to this so please listen before commenting. due to differences in masoretic and sephurgant text it is quite difficult to gain a proper understanding of the intention of the person being spoken of.

Michael Hieser is great, really uncovers a lot about the bible people dont pick up on :), I just recently discovered him so im still very new to his works but I did watch a bit of unseen realm, I still have to finish it, but honestly this guy is really great.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cement
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Some of the descriptions in Ezekiel 28:11–19 go beyond any mere human king. In no sense could an earthly king claim to be “in Eden” or to be “the anointed cherub who covers” or to be “on the holy mountain of God.” Therefore, most Bible interpreters believe that Ezekiel 28:11–19 is a dual prophecy, comparing the pride of the king of Tyre to the pride of Satan. Some propose that the king of Tyre was actually possessed by Satan, making the link between the two even more powerful and applicable.

Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Some of the descriptions in Ezekiel 28:11–19 go beyond any mere human king. In no sense could an earthly king claim to be “in Eden” or to be “the anointed cherub who covers” or to be “on the holy mountain of God.” Therefore, most Bible interpreters believe that Ezekiel 28:11–19 is a dual prophecy, comparing the pride of the king of Tyre to the pride of Satan. Some propose that the king of Tyre was actually possessed by Satan, making the link between the two even more powerful and applicable.

the point the video illustrates is that it announces that Adam was the one in Eden from which the first order of priest arose. it was Adam who failed God. I think this is up for debate.

Upvote 0