• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Who else is a Bible-believing Democratic voter?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Evan Jellicoe, Jul 4, 2017.

1. camille70

camille70 Newbie Supporter

+3,336
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    What passages? I've never seen anything that seemed to endorse it.

2. Allandavid

Allandavid Well-Known Member

+6,872
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Oh, it's been quite a while, but something about the punishment for an unfaithful wife. Giving her a potion which causes an abortion.

3. GUANO

GUANO Well-Known Member

+318
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    On the one hand, we have a nationalist business shark, on the other, a communist, globalist, atheist who illegally overthrows nations and is directly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. I'm not a fan of Trump, but to even compare them as being 'close' is interesting to me. I'm interested to understand how you came to this judgement. Trump is only just now being initiated into the whole illegal wars thing.

4. GUANO

GUANO Well-Known Member

+318
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    They did not used to perform abortions. They would have the children and then offer them to Moloch as a burnt offering. And this was strictly condemned.

5. camille70

+3,336
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others

I found it. Numbers 5:11-31. This is reading like even if she didn't cheat and he only thinks she did he can bring her before the priest and accuse her. The passage I was thinking of is Exodus 21:22-25. The wife's life would have been an eye for an eye, the child was a fine, treated as a loss of property.

Edit: Ok that is so cute how the forum links to the passage...I didn't know the site did that.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. ByTheSpirit

ByTheSpirit Pray always!!

+3,148
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Jeremiah 1:5
    Psalms 139:13
    Psalms 139:16

Clearly point that the Lord is intimately involved with the unborn.

7. Allandavid

Allandavid Well-Known Member

+6,872
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Yes, involved with. But nothing about abortion being wrong.

8. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+5,033
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Do you have any idea what communism actually is?

It involves the government owning all means of production. US democrats are so far from that it's laughable to even make the comparison. In most European countries, Obama would have been considered a right-wing politician, and yet those countries are still far to the left of actual communists. But the right wingers like to label anyone to the left of Mussolini as a communist. It's a meaningless accusation. If you want to know what actual communism is like, go to China, because I guarantee you it's nothing like the US.

9. ByTheSpirit

+3,148
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Does scripture have to spell it out for you?

Someone here mentioned Exodus 21:22-25 I believe. That passage says if anyone causes the death of an infant before the mother gives birth they are to be put to death. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. The same protection is afforded to the unborn as to an adult. So how exactly can we say the Lord is not against abortion?

10. camille70

+3,336
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    nevermind

11. ByTheSpirit

+3,148
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    “"When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine.”
    ‭‭Exodus‬ ‭21:22‬ ‭ESV‬‬

I don't know it seems to be talking about the children. Doesn't say specifically, but you can't possibly tell me if the child dies then God would say "Eh oh well"

12. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,572
    Judaism
    Married
    That's not a great translation from what I know of the passage. It's pretty clear in the text the harm is talking about harm to the woman, not the child. This passage is why Judaism doesn't consider abortion to be murder, even if it doesn't allow for abortion except in the case of the mother's life being in jeopardy.

13. ByTheSpirit

+3,148
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I don't know... I looked at it in the NIV and the KJV and the subject of the verse to me is about the child being born prematurely which in those days would almost certainly result in death.

IMG_2662.jpg

14. camille70

+3,336
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others

This was always my understanding, and that biblically life didn't start until the child had taken it's first breath. When rereading it though, it does read as though it could be harm to the mother or the child, and when I check other translations that seems to be the case as well. I'm going to look into it some more. My brother has studied from the original text/language so I'll ask him, but it may be months before I see or talk to him.

15. ByTheSpirit

+3,148
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I will grant this, the Bible doesn't say specifically if a person ends the life of a child in the womb then it is sin. But murder is sin, and God is involved with a fetus from the moment it is conceived, forming it part by part for life.

I just do not understand how anyone can say it is ok to destroy something God has put together.

16. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+16,153
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    I have never met anyone of any party who "advocates for abortion". I believe that abortion should be legal and safe and available and the woman's informed choice. But most of all it should be rare.

17. JLB777

JLB777 Newbie Supporter

+1,147
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Your joking right?

You think Hillary Clinton stands for biblical truth?

18. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,572
    Judaism
    Married
    Well, I'm relying on something like 1500 years+ of Jewish traditional understanding of this verse from the Hebrew. Keep in mind that Judaism only allows abortion in the event the mother's life is in danger, so there's no real reason to suspect it was some kind of reason to accept abortion or anything like that. People who were experts in Hebrew, who studied the Torah every day, came to that conclusion.

19. GUANO

GUANO Well-Known Member

+318
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes, I know what communism is. I'm wearing my Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn shirt right now so that must be proof. What you say above is correct, the U.S. is not a communist country and does not resemble one yet. But the ideology is here, it's strong, and it dominates Universities. There are many communists in government, mostly on the Dem side, and they certainly won't be openly admitting it, but many were members of and/or sympathetic to the Weather Underground and if you view their political imagry (especially that of both Clinton and Obama) it's directly copied from Stalin and Mao... I'll go ahead and call people commies. I live in Southern California where the govt is trying to take over the telecom companies next...

20. ByTheSpirit

+3,148
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    They were also the ones that failed to see Jesus in scriptures and still fail to see him in scriptures. :thumbsup: