Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In 70AD the temple was torn down. We all know this. The prophesy was that when it was torn down that it would be trodden under foot of the Gentiles until Jesus returns. And that will be a while yet. The Jews had a war a few years ago and re-claimed Jerusalem and the temple mount. I think. Call my hand on this if you know.

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In 70AD the temple was torn down. We all know this. The prophesy was that when it was torn down that it would be trodden under foot of the Gentiles until Jesus returns. And that will be a while yet. The Jews had a war a few years ago and re-claimed Jerusalem and the temple mount. I think. Call my hand on this if you know.
Yes, that was the 6 day war 1967 June 5th - 11th.
Soldiers_Western_Wall_1967.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

AJTruth

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
winter haven fl
✟22,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
King David Bought The Temple Mt

The Temple Mt is "The Place" where God chose His divine presence to rest (Isa 8:18)

Oral tradition says it was from here that God gathered the dust used to create the first man, Adam.

The Temple Mt is where Abraham bound Isaac. Abraham trusted God & by "Faith" offered Isaac as a sacrifice

God intervened & spared Isaac’s life, by providing a ram instead. Abraham called this place:

“The LORD Will Provide"

Due to Abraham’s obedience on Mt Moriah, God told him that his descendants will take possession of the city

About 1000 years later at this very location, King David "bought" the threshing floor (37 acre Temple Mt area) from Araunah the Jebusite. & built an altar to the Lord so that a “plague may be held back from the people” (2 Sam 24:18, 21 & 1 Chron 21

Here David made a peace offering unto the Lord (1 chron 21:26

The LORD excepts & answers by shooting fire from Heaven onto the alter. Upon David’s death, Solomon built a Temple on the same site. Solomon’s Temple lasted over 4 hundred years until it was destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar in 587/586 BC

70 yrs later the Temple was rebuilt on the same site. It was this temple that Jesus cleansed (Jn 2:15

In 70 A.D the Roman's again destroy the Temple

All that remains of the Temple Mt of that era is a portion of a retaining wall known as the Western or Wailing Wall

A site of prayer for Jews for centuries. God called Abraham to Mt Moriah & still has plans for the Temple Mt

The Bible indicates that a 3rd Temple will be built on or near the site of Solomon’s Temple (Dan 9:27

Today a problem given the obstacles that stand in the way. Currently Jordan administrates the Temple Mt holy places thru the Waqf (Islamic trust)

Yet nothing can stop God’s sovereign plans

Muslim control of this area simply fulfills the prophecy of Luke 21:24 that Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled

The LORD gave His Chosen people Israel for an everlasting inheritance. Num 34:1-15

The LORD puts HIS NAME on JERUSALEM!

Kings 21:4
4 He built altars in the house of the LORD, of which the LORD said, "In Jerusalem will I put my name"

1st God, the true owner promises the land to Abrahams descendants.

God then has King David "BUY IT"

So, who really owns the Temple Mt? Maranatha

Upvote 0

Because789

Dec 21, 2016
Massachusetts
✟3,664.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Israel owned the Temple Mount briefly in 1967 after the Six-Day War. This fulfilled the 2,300-day prophecy in Daniel 8:13–14, concerning the cleansing of the sanctuary. Prophecies in the Bible are often in terms of prophetic days when it really means years. Numbers 14:33–35 and Ezekiel 4:4–6 are examples. The 2,300-day prophecy began in 334 B.C. with the Battle of the Granicus fought by Alexander the Great. In 1967 the Israeli Prime Minister Levi Eshkol immediately gave control of access to the Temple Mount to the Jerusalem Islamic Waqf, an Islamic religious trust. Jerusalem was besieged in A.D. 70 as Jesus prophesied but if that is when the Times of the Gentiles began then we all missed something big.

Revelation 11:2 "But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months." Forty-two months, 3 1/2 years, 1,260 days, time, times, and half a time... they all refer to the same period of time. They began in A.D. 688, the construction of the Dome of the Rock, the abomination that causes desolation, and 1,260 years later was 1948, when the court was seated and took away the Islamic dominion.

Upvote 0

Because789

Dec 21, 2016
Massachusetts
✟3,664.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Bible indicates that a 3rd Temple will be built on or near the site of Solomon’s Temple (Dan 9:27

Jesus fulfilled the whole seventy weeks prophecy. The 490 years began in 458 B.C. with Artaxerxes' letter to Ezra to restore and rebuild Jerusalem. Forty-nine years later Jerusalem was rebuilt. Four hundred thirty-four years later Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River by John the Baptist. Then Jesus confirmed a covenant with many for one "week." The covenant was to bring salvation to all. Jesus appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus in A.D. 33. In the middle of the "week" Jesus brought an end to sacrifice and offering by suffering on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins. Nowhere in the Bible does it indicate that a third Temple will be built.

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus fulfilled the whole seventy weeks prophecy. The 490 years began in 458 B.C. with Artaxerxes' letter to Ezra to restore and rebuild Jerusalem. Forty-nine years later Jerusalem was rebuilt. Four hundred thirty-four years later Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River by John the Baptist. Then Jesus confirmed a covenant with many for one "week." The covenant was to bring salvation to all. Jesus appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus in A.D. 33. In the middle of the "week" Jesus brought an end to sacrifice and offering by suffering on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins. Nowhere in the Bible does it indicate that a third Temple will be built.
Your calculations are off. You'll be surprised when you see the temple up and running. It's coming.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

khristosanesti

Feb 6, 2017
United States
✟16,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Jews don't need it because the temple is for sacrifices and Christ means we don't need that any more, their religion has been superseded. If anyone should have it, it should be Christians. There should be a big, beautiful Orthodox Church where the Dome is.

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Jews don't need it because the temple is for sacrifices and Christ means we don't need that any more, their religion has been superseded. If anyone should have it, it should be Christians. There should be a big, beautiful Orthodox Church where the Dome is.

But which denomination?:)

• Haha
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

khristosanesti

Feb 6, 2017
United States
✟16,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria.
  • French Coptic Orthodox Church.
  • Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch. ...
  • Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. ...
  • Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church.
  • Eritrean Orthodox Tewahedo Church.
  • Greek Orthodox
  • Russian Orthodox

The Copts, Syriacs, Malankara Indians, Ethiopians and Eritreans along with the Armenians are one Church known as the Oriental Orthodox or non-Chalcedonians.

Greek Orthodoxy (which represents a number of different autocephalous churches), Russian Orthodoxy, Serbian, Georgian, Bulgarian, Romanian etc are all one Church known as Eastern Orthodoxy. We are 300m and the non-Chalcedonians are around 90m, the disputes are semantic and we will be reuniting within the next 10-20 years. We already have intercommunion in large parts of the world.

I was talking about the Eastern Orthodox Church, my Church and what one usually means when referring to Orthodoxy.

The only autocephalous Church with jurisdiction over Jerusalem is the Patriarchate of Jerusalem which is in communion with the rest of the autocephalous Eastern Orthodox churches and is led by His All Holiness Patriarch Theophilos III.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
As Christ said " Destroy this temple and I will raise it in three days " If there are christians standing at the dome of the rock, there IS a beautiful church there. As Stephen said before being stoned . God does not dwell in a temple made with hands ..that was the importance of the destruction of the Jewish Temple in 70 AD , the Resurrection of Christ , the coming of the promised Holy Spirit so that God dwells IN and with HIS people. These buildings we have been building do not compare with the human body which God built nor do they have as much value as flesh and blood which hungers and thirst. ( Church buildings do not weep when their children starve nor do they grieve .) They will all be burnt up when Christ returns according to the Apostle Peter ( along with the elements ) . I have no reason to doubt that. It was the understanding and message of the early christians to "save your self from the wrath that is to come." God , look what we built you !!! Is it not beautiful ???????? " I was hungry and you did not feed me , I was naked and you did not clothe me , I was sick and in prison and you did not visit me ......well no but look what we BUILT for you !!!! ..oh , it is all burnt up isnt' it ? How foolish of us .

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Copts, Syriacs, Malankara Indians, Ethiopians and Eritreans along with the Armenians are one Church known as the Oriental Orthodox or non-Chalcedonians.

Greek Orthodoxy (which represents a number of different autocephalous churches), Russian Orthodoxy, Serbian, Georgian, Bulgarian, Romanian etc are all one Church known as Eastern Orthodoxy. We are 300m and the non-Chalcedonians are around 90m, the disputes are semantic and we will be reuniting within the next 10-20 years. We already have intercommunion in large parts of the world.

I was talking about the Eastern Orthodox Church, my Church and what one usually means when referring to Orthodoxy.

The only autocephalous Church with jurisdiction over Jerusalem is the Patriarchate of Jerusalem which is in communion with the rest of the autocephalous Eastern Orthodox churches and is led by His All Holiness Patriarch Theophilos III.

That might be true as as long as everyone agrees? But when you said; "If anyone should have it, it should be Christians." I was initially thinking there is more than just the Orthodox denomination.

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As Christ said " Destroy this temple and I will raise it in three days " If there are christians standing at the dome of the rock, there IS a beautiful church there. As Stephen said before being stoned . God does not dwell in a temple made with hands ..that was the importance of the destruction of the Jewish Temple in 70 AD , the Resurrection of Christ , the coming of the promised Holy Spirit so that God dwells IN and with HIS people. These buildings we have been building do not compare with the human body which God built nor do they have as much value as flesh and blood which hungers and thirst. ( Church buildings do not weep when their children starve nor do they grieve .) They will all be burnt up when Christ returns according to the Apostle Peter ( along with the elements ) . I have no reason to doubt that. It was the understanding and message of the early christians to "save your self from the wrath that is to come." God , look what we built you !!! Is it not beautiful ???????? " I was hungry and you did not feed me , I was naked and you did not clothe me , I was sick and in prison and you did not visit me ......well no but look what we BUILT for you !!!! ..oh , it is all burnt up isnt' it ? How foolish of us .

'We will be changed in the twinkling of an eye and shine like the stars.'

Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I don't think the jews that owns it agrees with you here....

Upvote 0