Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tax breaks are for investments that result in jobs for people.
People vote for their representatives, who make the laws,
that help keep people employed.

The overwhelming number of corporations are under 5 people.
More than 3/4 of all companies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1 Pharmaceuticals & Health Products 3,937,356,877 dollars spent lobbying
2 Insurance ________________________2,704,636,807
3 Electric Utilities _______________2,353,570,360
4 Electronics Manufacturing & Equipment (weapons?) 2,230,343,875
5 Business Associations (upper middle class?) 2,217,425,929
6 Oil & Gas ________________________2,096,923,653
7 Manufacturing & Distribution (imports from China) 1,687,618,725
8 Education (middle class) __________1,633,122,450
9 Hospitals & Nursing Homes _________1,604,696,566

1 partly explains why the US is not competitive in manufacturing, health care costs are so high per person that American car assembly plants have mostly left the US, one just went across the border to Canada and others to Mexico
2 explains why the US healthcare system can not be replaced by a sensible one like most other countries have, think of the losses to the insurance companies.
We didn't care about the losses to the car workers in Michigan because they were only workers, not middle class administrators who we can not allow to become redundant, even if we can't justify what most of them do.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,117.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Eisenhower warned of the military-industrial complex which had a good run until quite recently as Trump questioned the sense in wasting money in the Middle east. Now we have the emergence of the slow growing but now powerful medical-industrial complex seeking to create a market for their services just as the old complex sought to create wars to profit.

• Agree
Reactions: MorkandMindy
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,188.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Let me give my view on this. I'm not American so take my view with a grain of salt.

US cannot compete in manufacturing because partly based on wages/salary. Americans want better pay for their work so USD15/hour is minimum. That if you convert to say my country Malaysia is about MYR65. If you work 8 hours a day for 22 days a month you get paid USD2640. That's MYR11470. Do you know how much money is that here? It's higher middle management pay and in the US is only for the guy assembling cars. The same job here pays about MYR2500-MYR3500 thats USD805.

It would not be an issue if Americans can accept buying a car far more expensive compared to other countries. But many Americans complaint that prices are too expensive. So you want a good income but not pay for the products that support that good income. Nothing is going to be solved.

Also because of the currency difference US manufactured products are far higher in price compared to other nations making it harder to export. The quality gap is not that large anymore that it justify the difference in prices.

To me is why buy a Ford made in the US than buy a Toyota made in my country? Quality wise its on par. Price wise I'm better of with a Toyota.

• Agree
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi IceJad,

Your reasoning is correct, and if the US continues in the folly it has been traveling in since the mid 1970s, and particularly since Reagan and Clinton, the whole country will go bankrupt.

Look at the Current Account Balance and every year the US is at the bottom, normally accompanied by the UK (Britain) who will probably go bust shortly before the US.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The problem can be averted because the facts the middle class & Democrats are using are incorrect.

We don't actually have to continue running up debts to maintain our standard of living and I don't think given bankruptcy is the alternative that if the media stopped lying we would continue on this suicidal course.

Core to the misunderstanding is the media and all the leaders of the 'left' (the American 'Left' is just a different kind of Right), ignore low income people. We don't want a stupid USD15/hour, but of course we won't get the choice. They will just keep making the same mistake and then remark how the poor are getting poorer and who would have foreseen that? They admit to misunderstanding pretty much everything in the past but having college degrees still think they know better.

Andrew Yang actually understands but he had to run under the Democratic Party ticket so he got zero delegates supporting him while the crazy ones did very well.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Now we are down to Biden and Trump and they are close enough politically so maybe we can all get onto the same page and fix the problems we have.

Sorry about my rant in post 7, I've just been rejected for Medicaid yet again, despite more than meeting the requirements, so I'm not well pleased with their middle class bureaucrats.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,188.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Now we are down to Biden and Trump and they are close enough politically so maybe we can all get onto the same page and fix the problems we have.

Sorry about my rant in post 7, I've just been rejected for Medicaid yet again, despite more than meeting the requirements, so I'm not well pleased with their middle class bureaucrats.

Hey man, sorry to hear about your Medicaid. I pray that the Lord will bless you and your love ones with great health.

In terms of national health system my country is not as bad. We have a mixture of public subsidized healthcare and private healthcare. Having said that we still have to pay for public healthcare. It's not free. And private healthcare is exorbitantly expensive. That's why those who can afford usually takes up medical insurance.

The main difference between the 2 here is the quality of service. Public is cheap and usually have very high volume of patients so we can't expect much in terms of service. They prioritize patients by needs which is understandable. Private on the other hand is very expensive but you get fast and better service. They will stop your nosebleed by bleeding your wallet.

Well you win some you lose some I guess

• Informative
Reactions: MorkandMindy
Upvote 0