Who does Jesus say is His army that comes with Him to Armageddon.

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
People often assume that the Body of Christ comes with Jesus to the battle of Armageddon, however who does Jesus say comes with Him, and who is this army? (from scripture)

Marilyn.
Hi Marilyn, it says the "saints". The saints are anyone who has been saved by the blood of Christ.

Ephesians 2,

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn, it says the "saints".

Ephesians 2,

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Hi Douggg,

Thank you for that good scripture concerning the Body of Christ, however I do not see any reference to the `army,` or Jesus saying who comes with Him to Armageddon.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The army of Christ are these people : the deceased early church and the living clever virgins taken to the Wedding Feast of the Lamb.
1 thes 4 :16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.…

These are also called the Great Multitude be4 the Throne of Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne

The Great Multitude is the Bride of Christ and will rcv the Wedding Feast and then they will follow Jesus to Armageddon war.
Rev 19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a GREAT MULTITUDE, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord Godomnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

May Jesus bless you all HaleluYAH

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The army of Christ are these people : the deceased early church and the living clever virgins taken to the Wedding Feast of the Lamb.
1 thes 4 :16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.…

These are also called the Great Multitude be4 the Throne.

Hi Another Lazarus,

You also have good scriptures concerning the Body of Christ but there is NO reference to being the army that comes with Jesus to Armageddon.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People often assume that the Body of Christ comes with Jesus to the battle of Armageddon, however who does Jesus say comes with Him, and who is this army? (from scripture)

Marilyn.

I believe these are the saints who sleep in Christ as the apostle touches on at 1 Thessalonians 4:14 who are also spoken of at Jude 1:14-15

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Another Lazarus,

You also have good scriptures concerning the Body of Christ but there is NO reference to being the army that comes with Jesus to Armageddon.

Marilyn.
They are also called the Great Multitude be4 the Throne of Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne

The Great Multitude is the Bride of Christ and will rcv the Wedding Feast and then they will follow Jesus to Armageddon war.
Rev 19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a GREAT MULTITUDE, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord Godomnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe these are the saints who sleep in Christ as the apostle touches on at 1 Thessalonians 4:14 who are also spoken of at Jude 1:14-15

Hi John,

Thank you for your contribution. And I can see why you linked the two scriptures, however let`s have a closer look at Jude....

`Now Enoch, .....also saying, "behold, the Lord comes with 10 thousands of His HOLY ONES.' (Jude 14)

The Greek word for holy ones is `hagio` meaning sacred, holy. It can refer to saints or angels. Thus we need more information to really see who this army is.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Jud_1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are also called the Great Multitude be4 the Throne of Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne

Hi Another Lazarus,

Now I see that you have linked the Bride of Christ with the army. Why did you do this?

Marilyn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Jud_1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Hi ewq,

I have addressed the Jude scripture as the Greek word for `holy ones.` We thus need more information as to whether they are holy saints or holy angels, all of which are referred to in scripture.

As to the Rev. 17: 14 reference to `saints,` you would have to have other scriptures to clarify whether they were Israel saints or the Body of Christ saints.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi John,

Thank you for your contribution. And I can see why you linked the two scriptures, however let`s have a closer look at Jude....

`Now Enoch, .....also saying, "behold, the Lord comes with 10 thousands of His HOLY ONES.' (Jude 14)

The Greek word for holy ones is `hagio` meaning sacred, holy. It can refer to saints or angels. Thus we need more information to really see who this army is.

Marilyn.

Paul does seem to clear it up by calling them "who sleep in Jesus": also, comparison of the Jude passage to Deuteronomy 33:2 seems to indicate it's not talking about "angels" (meaning the popular idea of supernatural non-men beings, but not necessarily "messengers").

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi ewq,

I have addressed the Jude scripture as the Greek word for `holy ones.` We thus need more information as to whether they are holy saints or holy angels, all of which are referred to in scripture.

Saints are people not angels.

Rev_18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

As to the Rev. 17: 14 reference to `saints,` you would have to have other scriptures to clarify whether they were Israel saints or the Body of Christ saints.

Body of Christ saints.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm curious as to why you would use the phrase "holy saints" since that would be redundant; is there a specific passage using the word 'saints' that you think implies something other than people?

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Marilyn.
From scripture it reveals that Jesus comes with both His angels and His saints..

Jesus comming with His Angels::
2 Thessalonians 1: KJV
6 "Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; {7} And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,"

Jesus coming with His Saints::
1 Thessalonians 3: KJV
11 "Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you. {12} And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you: {13} To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Saints are people not angels.

Rev_18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Body of Christ saints.

Hi ewq,

The scripture in Jude refers to Holy Ones, which are either saints or angels. Other scriptures show this.

As to the Rev. 18: 24 `saints,` you have not proven whether they are Israeli saints or the Body of Christ. You have only given your opinion there bro.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious as to why you would use the phrase "holy saints" since that would be redundant; is there a specific passage using the word 'saints' that you think implies something other than people?

Hi John,

It is the Greek word `hagio` meaning sacred, or holy, & that can be saints or angels. Both are referred to as `hagio,` holy one.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi ewq,

The scripture in Jude refers to Holy Ones, which are either saints or angels. Other scriptures show this.

Angels are not saints. Saints are human beings.

Since Christ, there are no Israeli saints only saints in the body of Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: JESUS=G.O.A.T
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As to the Rev. 18: 24 `saints,` you have not proven whether they are Israeli saints or the Body of Christ. You have only given your opinion there bro.

Does it matter? You're asking a question that can't be answered from the Bible. Take a deep breath, step back from the problem and ask yourself if this really matters, and why?

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul does seem to clear it up by calling them "who sleep in Jesus": also, comparison of the Jude passage to Deuteronomy 33:2 seems to indicate it's not talking about "angels" (meaning the popular idea of supernatural non-men beings, but not necessarily "messengers").

Hi John,

Yes I agree that Paul is referring to those that `sleep in Jesus.` Glad you have brought up the Deuteronomy reference. There we see Moses prophesying concerning `holy ones.`
`And he said, "The Lord came from Sinai, and dawned on them from Seir; He shone forth from Mount Paran, and He came from the midst of ten thousand holy ones."

`Holy Ones,`
is from the Hebrew `quodos,` meaning sacred, holy. Now to know who these `holy ones,` are we go to the Psalms.

`The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of thousands; the Lord is among them as in Sinai, ...` (Ps. 68: 17)

So it is quite clear that those `holy ones,` at Sinai, were God`s angelic army.

Marilyn.

Reactions: LastSeven
Upvote 0