Who do you think makes the best veggie burger?

Who do you think makes the best veggie burger?

• Gardenburger

• Boca Burgers

• Morningstar Farms

• Amy's

• I make the best veggie burger/Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I voted for Morningstar Farms. I love all of their meatless products, with the exception of the hot dogs. They were a bit tough for my liking. I actually bought a box of Sunshine Burgers from my local organic food store recently and it was terrible. It was bright green and tasted a bit like bitter grass. :sick:

I would love to know how to make my own, though. My biggest problem with the vegetarian convenience foods is that, like most other processed foods, they are loaded with sodium.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would love to know how to make my own, though. My biggest problem with the vegetarian convenience foods is that, like most other processed foods, they are loaded with sodium.
Some one gave me these recipies.
Black bean veggie patties/burgers:

INGREDIENTS

• 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
  • 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
  • 3 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
Directions:
  1. If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
  2. In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
  3. In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
  4. In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
  5. Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
  6. If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
Eggplant burgers:
INGREDIENTS

• 1 eggplant, peeled and sliced into 3/4 inch rounds
  • 1 tablespoon margarine
  • 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
  • 6 hamburger buns, split
  • 6 leaves lettuce
  • 6 slices tomato
  • 1/2 onion, sliced
  • 1/2 cup dill pickle slices
  • 1 (20 ounce) bottle ketchup
  • 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
DIRECTIONS

1. Place the eggplant slices on a plate, and cook in the microwave for about 5 minutes, or until the centers are cooked.
  2. Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry eggplant slices until lightly toasted on each side, and place one slice of cheese onto each one. Cook until cheese has melted, and remove from the skillet.
  3. Place eggplant on hamburger buns, and allow each person to top with lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles, and dress with ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ciaradawn

Let not your heart be troubled
Jun 15, 2007
Hamilton, Montana
Visit site
✟17,470.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Although there are some very tasty vegetarian burgers out there, I prefer my own because I know it doesn't have the icky additives and preservatives that go into veggie burgers. You almost might as well eat a regular burger if you're gonna eat all that other junk.

Upvote 0