WHO DO YOU FOLLOW THE TRADITIONS OF MEN OR THE WORD OF GOD (JESUS)?

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This is not a paraphrase but a twisting of words removed from much context and scripture. Please respond to the posts and the scriptures that are posted to you and stop playing games. How about when you address my complete posts section by section as I do for you, instead of part quoting me in your posts and leaving out and ignoring the majority or what is posted to you, so it is an honest discussion, then we can continue the conversation? You part quote me, snip it when the very next sections address what you are talking about in detail. (e.g. good and bad traditions?)

Did you post any scriptural verses stating what the canon is, or are you referring to the verses in where you talk about having faith and how god doesn't like man made traditions? These are the only two I've seen you post.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Did you post any scriptural verses stating what the canon is, or are you referring to the verses in where you talk about having faith and how god doesn't like man made traditions? These are the only two I've seen you post.

What has your post got to do with God being in control of his WORD and the world and those that follow him do so by faith? What has your post got to do with those who follow man-made traditions that lead other away from God's WORD to break the commandments of God?

Do you think that God would allow his WORD to be taken over so mankind is given the wrong scriptures in the bible? (I know you do not believe this, I am asking this because suggesting such things in your questions in regards to the 66 books of the bible is to deny that God is in control of his WORD and the world and also denies the very existance and importance of faith demonstrated earlier through the scriptures- Please read HEBREWS capter 11)

Do you believe that if the teachings and traditions of men lead people away from God's WORD to break the commandments of God then those traditions lead others not to follow God?

The answer to these questions have already been provided with God's WORD. Your only repeating yourself now. Let me know if you would like the scriptures again maybe you missed them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What has your post got to do with God being in control of his WORD and the world and those that follow him do so by faith? What has your post got to do with those who follow man-made traditions that lead other away from God's WORD to break the commandments of God?

Because simply there is nothing in scripture saying what books are canon. So the ruling of what books are in the bible is all tradition ruled by the Church. That is what it has to do with it.
You are refusing to say "no, it's not in scripture" and just throw out this smoke screen about faith. At the end, it all spells out that you still have faith in something not found or stated in scripture leaving your whole case in this thread as hypocritical.

Do you think that God would allow his WORD to be taken over so mankind is given the wrong scriptures in the bible? (I know you do not believe this, I am asking this because suggesting such things in your questions in regards to the 66 books of the bible is to deny that God is in control of his WORD and the world and also denies the very existance and importance of faith demonstrated earlier through the scriptures- Please read HEBREWS capter 11)

No, but he also gave his word through other mediums not just writing. Also, this reasoning of yours is the reasoning that Muslims, JW's, and Mormons use to support their religious books. Many muslims believe that the NT is corrupted by the Catholic Church - the Mormons believe this too. So God guided his word hence the Quran and the Book of Mormon being "divine inspired".

None of what i gave are suggestions, they are questions against your reasoning. For example, you say 66 books.. no where in scripture does it tell you that bible is 66 books only yet you just go on with having faith that it is right. Guess what, you are not following scripture but following the tradition of the church.

Do you believe that if the teachings and traditions of men lead people away from God's WORD to break the commandments of God then those traditions lead others not to follow God?

The answer to these questions have already been provided with God's WORD. Your only repeating yourself now. Let me know if you would like the scriptures again maybe you missed them?
I believe Sola Scriptura has lead more people away from God. That is why there is over 5,000 denominations right now, yours included and being a denomination that was born in the late 1800's, more than a thousand years after the events in Pentecost.

traditions of men doesn't mean religious traditions or church traditions. The "traditions of men" that is talked negatively about in scripture are simply habits of vanity in where people cared more about following certain religious laws only for glamour and to justify their conceit. For example, not allowing a homeless man to eat or even sleep in the churches due to laws about how God's house has to be completely pure. These are traditional views yet it is coming over things such as humanitarianism.. which God cares more about. God does want to be surrounded by purity, as shown in the burning bush when Moses had to remove his sandals.. but at the same time he does not shun out those who are in great need to live and be saved. That is the meaning of "man made traditions over God".

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Because simply there is nothing in scripture saying what books are canon. So the ruling of what books are in the bible is all tradition ruled by the Church. That is what it has to do with it.
You are refusing to say "no, it's not in scripture" and just throw out this smoke screen about faith. At the end, it all spells out that you still have faith in something not found or stated in scripture leaving your whole case in this thread as hypocritical.

No, but he also gave his word through other mediums not just writing. Also, this reasoning of yours is the reasoning that Muslims, JW's, and Mormons use to support their religious books. Many muslims believe that the NT is corrupted by the Catholic Church - the Mormons believe this too. So God guided his word hence the Quran and the Book of Mormon being "divine inspired".

None of what i gave are suggestions, they are questions against your reasoning. For example, you say 66 books.. no where in scripture does it tell you that bible is 66 books only yet you just go on with having faith that it is right. Guess what, you are not following scripture but following the tradition of the church.

I believe Sola Scriptura has lead more people away from God. That is why there is over 5,000 denominations right now, yours included and being a denomination that was born in the late 1800's, more than a thousand years after the events in Pentecost.

traditions of men doesn't mean religious traditions or church traditions. The "traditions of men" that is talked negatively about in scripture are simply habits of vanity in where people cared more about following certain religious laws only for glamour and to justify their conceit. For example, not allowing a homeless man to eat or even sleep in the churches due to laws about how God's house has to be completely pure. These are traditional views yet it is coming over things such as humanitarianism.. which God cares more about. God does want to be surrounded by purity, as shown in the burning bush when Moses had to remove his sandals.. but at the same time he does not shun out those who are in great need to live and be saved. That is the meaning of "man made traditions over God".

See what you don't seem to understand is that it's perfectly okay for him to "be creative" or "make things up" as long as it's him doing it and not someone who disagrees with him about anything. :)

Upvote 0