Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you show one Bible verse that states Jesus died for those one's going to hell? If not you should not put words into His mouth.

M-Bob
Hosea 7:13 Woe unto them! for they have fled from me: destruction unto them! because they have transgressed against me: though I have redeemed them, yet they have spoken lies against me.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,426.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you show one Bible verse that states Jesus died for those one's going to hell? If not you should not put words into His mouth.

M-Bob

You said: “It would not make sense that He died for the ones that will end up in hell.” While it is totally logical for God to allow refusers to go to hell, if the people going to hell are the ones refusing to accept this unbelievable huge sacrifice God and Christ are making for their benefit to keep them out of hell.

The reason I said Christ died for those also who go to hell is because scripture tells us several time Christ died for the whole world, everyone, all and sinners while they were sinners just like you.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
died for the whole world, everyone, all and sinners while they were sinners just like you.

I think that to mean being for all nations. Not just the Jews.

No problem there are a few different takes on it. Sticking with the one that makes sense to me.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,426.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that to mean being for all nations. Not just the Jews.

No problem there are a few different takes on it. Sticking with the one that makes sense to me.

M-Bob
Don't you think that is a pretty bias interpretation?

What kept Christ from being tortured humiliated and murdered for everyone does He and/or God not care about some people and what would make the difference between those people?

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

What was the Holy Holy doing that they were resisting?

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Looks to me like God wanted one thing, but they were resistant.
If God wanted these people, wouldn't He have died for them just like He did for us?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What kept Christ from being tortured humiliated and murdered for everyone does He and/or God not care about some people and what would make the difference between those people?

Many are called few are chosen.

Chosen by who that would be God.

Does not mention man making a decision.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,426.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Many are called few are chosen.

Chosen by who that would be God.

Does not mention man making a decision.

M-Bob
This scripture does not say how God makes the choice, so we can address that question from other scripture.
From other scripture, God has choses those (He fellowships with), who accept the call (like we find in the Banquet Parables) and He did this from the beginning of time, so Christians are part of the chosen because they are Christians, but if you think differently what method does God use to chose?

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When asked by Nicodemus what method did Jesus tell him?

I take that as a baseline.

M-Bob
After Jesus told him
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Nicodemus asked how can these things be then Jesus says if I tell you of earthly things and you don't believe how will you understand if I tell you of Heavenly things. Then Jesus begins to explain believing.
Just as the serpent was lifted up and people were to believe and not perish so it was with Jesus.
If we look at that story in Numbers, they had a choice, look and live or not look and die.
So God gives us a choice, believe and live, don't believe and die.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums