Who Did Cain Fear, And Who Did He Marry?

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
What forum should Gnostic Christians frequent? Marcion and Theudas were both Christians. Theudas was a direct disciple of St Paul who imparted the inner teachings of Christianity to Valentinus. Many of these people didn't even call themselves "Gnostic" that's more a term given to them by heresy hunters. They simply called themselves Christians. It's only when viewed through the skewed lens of the triumphant literalists that these people loose the title of Christian. Paul himself was a knower whose authority was later subverted to the literalist side through the use of the forged pastoral epistles that portray him spouting anti-Gnostic rhetoric.

i think there are major problems with orthodox christianity, those who think that yahweh is the way he is portrayed in the OT. i think the gnostics and others who rejected the OT were disgusted by the attributes of the yahweh in the OT. i think they were correct, but for me, i think it is a case that these various writers of the OT were misrepresenting yahweh, and placing a lot of stuff onto god, which was totally man made-up.
that's the way i reconcile the terrible violence, genocide and all that garbage of the OT, with the basics, when separated from the inventions of men, to the idea that yahweh was the god of the NT, when you get to the truth. rather than accepting that yahweh was not god, but was some sort of confused god, that created a terrible fallen world.
the world looks to us as terrible, but that is due to our place in it, observing the universe, as people trapped in it.
that's what i think anyway.

Upvote 0