Who could be considered the first Christian?

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Any opinions?

Just taking a guess here but it depends on the definition of Christian. If you consider those who prophesied about Jesus then perhaps Moses. If your referring to the first people to see and believe then probably Mary & Joseph. If your referring to the first follower after Jesus began his official ministry then perhaps Andrew the brother of Simon Peter but that’s only according to the scriptures. It is possible that others who are not mentioned may have met with Jesus before Andrew.

• Informative
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Just taking a guess here but it depends on the definition of Christian. If you consider those who prophesied about Jesus then perhaps Moses. If your referring to the first people to see and believe then probably Mary & Joseph. If your referring to the first follower after Jesus began his official ministry then perhaps Andrew the brother of Simon Peter but that’s only according to the scriptures. It is possible that others who are not mentioned may have met with Jesus before Andrew.
I heard people saying Mary since she was the one who accepted to have the Savior in her womb.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'll vote for Adam, it's a matter of Covenant theology, Christ of the Covenants, He is the Savior of all Saints, past, present, and future.

I’m not sure if Adam had any knowledge of Jesus although it is possible. If I’m not mistaken God did walk with him in the garden of Eden. That could’ve perhaps been Jesus.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I heard people saying Mary since she was the one who accepted to have the Savior in her womb.

It is very likely that Jesus would’ve shared His ministry to Mary before departing Nazareth. I think it just depends on the definition of Christian.

Upvote 0

HisGraceIsAllYouNeed

I am a slave to righteousness
Oct 1, 2018
The Midwest
✟9,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Acts 11:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟755,482.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you're going to take the title as belonging to the first person who believed in the divinity of the man who would become the Christ, then it would have to be Mary, His mother, who believed the angel about the future miraculous conception of her Son.

• Agree
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0