Waikato
✟163,716.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A covenant requires something from BOTH parties, whether it be a marriage covenant or a mortgage, etc. One side does not do everything and the other does nothing...
Again Not the answer to the question...

If you're talking about covenant then read how the two parties (God & Elder of Israel ) made the covenant in Sinai...Exodus 19:3-8...God said if they obey God and keep His covenant....People responded, " We will Do everything the Lord has said"....

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Do you not read what Paul is telling us? The law was until Jesus. Gal3: 19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made;

Eph2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

of course I have. We differ on its interpretation. The enmity was the curse, that is what He removed.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Again Not the answer to the question...

If you're talking about covenant then read how the two parties (God & Elder of Israel ) made the covenant in Sinai...Exodus 19:3-8...God said if they obey God and keep His covenant....People responded, " We will Do everything the Lord has said"....

not the answer YOU want

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Wrote by God...then what? Did God wrote it for Himself or He wrote for His people which are All sinners. ...

You should look into that more closely...all sin...

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,716.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
of course it is.
This is where our Faith comes from....Romans 10:17..." Consequently, Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

So, our faith begins when we hear about Jesus Christ....is Not about the law (sinai)...as the Gentiles didn't have the law but the message about Jesus Christ they heard, then they believe the message...their faith is credited as Righteousness...

The law (sinai) never mentioned Jesus Christ the Messiah but only Prophets and NT...

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,716.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You should look into that more closely...all sin...
Gods love whom He commanded His people to love one another is a pure love ...but the people whom this commandment was made were only evils inside their hearts, they cannot love one another as God's wanted them to...so instead of the people trying to follow the command, God is the One who is doing it, but first He needs to come inside the hearts so then He can cleanse the hearts from evils or sin and make us follow His command(s)..

Philippians 2:13...for it is God who works in You to will and to act in order to fulfill His good purpose....

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This is where our Faith comes from....Romans 10:17..." Consequently, Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

The law (sinai) never mentioned Jesus Christ the Messiah but only Prophets and NT...

As I said...I believe. Also see Luke 24:27

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TreWalker

Jewish Magen Am
Jul 20, 2019
Pacific Northwest
✟83,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Torah is a book of prophecy. Moses was the greatest prophet short of Yeshua. Deuteronomy 34:10
There has not risen again a prophet in Israel like Moses, whom Adonai knew face to face,

Matthew 11:13
For all the prophets and the Torah prophesied until the time of John.
Luke 24:44
Deuteronomy 18:18
I will raise up a prophet like you (Moses)for them from among their brothers (Israel). I will put My words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him.

Luke 24:44-47
44 Then He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you—everything written concerning Me in the Torah of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.

45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures (Tanakh), 46 and He said to them, “So it is written, that the Messiah is to suffer and to rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and that repentance for the removal of sins is to be proclaimed in His name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

All scripture points and leads to Yeshua. Revelation 19:10

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,716.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Torah is a book of prophecy. Moses was the greatest prophet short of Yeshua. Deuteronomy 34:10
There has not risen again a prophet in Israel like Moses, whom Adonai knew face to face,

Matthew 11:13
For all the prophets and the Torah prophesied until the time of John.
Deuteronomy 18:18
I will raise up a prophet like you (Moses)for them from among their brothers (Israel). I will put My words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him.

Luke 24:44-47
44 Then He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you—everything written concerning Me in the Torah of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.

45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures (Tanakh), 46 and He said to them, “So it is written, that the Messiah is to suffer and to rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and that repentance for the removal of sins is to be proclaimed in His name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

All scripture points and leads to Yeshua. Revelation 19:10
Law in Sinai. ..the 10 commandments
Both the Law & Prophets are witnesses of God’s Righteousness and that righteousness is in Jesus Christ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Law in Sinai. ..the 10 commandments
Both the Law & Prophets are witnesses of God’s Righteousness and that righteousness is in Jesus Christ...

If you believed Moses, you would believe me...for he wrote of me.
The 10 are the mind of God. Yeshua said...Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. I AM the Lord your God, you shall have no other gods other than ME.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,716.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you believed Moses, you would believe me...for he wrote of me.
The 10 are the mind of God. Yeshua said...Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. I AM the Lord your God, you shall have no other gods other than ME.
Did you see the name of The Messiah or Christ mentioned in the commandments...most of the commandments begins with..."You"...ie...You shall no other gods, You shall not etc...is telling the people to do all those commands...

Yes, Moses wrote about Him in other scripture but Not the 10

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,716.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All the above. The law is not just the 10 Commandments.
Why do you think the Pharisees and teacher of the law missed to recognize the Messiah when He appeared since they are called "teachers" of the law,....But John the Baptist did?

Upvote 0