Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Indian IVF clinics are glad to showcase their bevies of happy surrogate mothers who have become pregnant for foreign couples, heterosexual and homosexual, and singles, male and female, who want children. But not necessarily the surrogates who die.
This week…

Who Cares? Indian Surrogate for U.S. Woman Dies

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,085.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I first heard a commercial inviting people to consider Indian surrogates a few weeks ago, and I was horrified that women in the third world were being exploited as human incubators, usually because they were in desperate circumstances.

I felt a flashback to a book I had read long ago, "City of Joy," in which a poor man driving a rickshaw sold one of his kidneys so that his daughter could have a dowry and become marriageable, their only hope out of poverty.

Of course this probably happens in the U.S., too. I am sure that many surrogates are women in financial need, although it is more likely that some are doing it for a friend or family member.

And I keep thinking about something my friend who had spent a summer in a meat packing plant once told me--that immigrant workers will deliberately cut off one of their fingers in the machinery if a financial crisis comes up--child's education, medical bills. When she worked there, loss of one finger was worth 4 grand.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Not to digress too much, but most surrogates are necessary mainly due to gay couples wanting children that they cannot and will never be able to produce themselves.
This is one reason is becoming so popular.
The other is married women who cannot conceive and carry.

IF we got rid of abortion - which has been sterilizing women in some instances, and we got rid of that evil - there would be a few more babies in need of parents. I say a few because most mothers in the end cannot give up the child they bonded with.
If we rid ourselves of evil - more ppl would be less likely to fornicate without easy access to abortion on demand.
Therefore marriage rates would increase, babies would increase, lives would be improved as babies God made came into the world with the express purposes they were made for - curing illness, supporting and loving one another.

Evil always makes other things evil grow. Evil begets evil. Philosophical? But true.
IF we put back together the family - it would have a trickle effect. We say 'I want to change the world, i have to be more loving' this includes how we treat ourselves - like worthy of commitment, worthy of following the perfect plans God ordained for our sakes.

Until we seal evil back to its hole - life is going to continue to get out of hand and ppl will continue to suffer worse and worse. THATS what happens when we do not live according to God.

Upvote 0