Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
In the last few months ,God has healed me of my wounds.
What would take months of rehab was done in weeks.
What would leave a scare, looks restored with out blemish.

Now the hard part:
Not even those who prayed over me believe in their afflictions being healed.

I cannot speak victory to those who are afflicted ,because they speak more Faith in their afflictions ,
Than God's healing them.
I Believe it's God's promise to heal, it is unconditional for those in Christ.

My Brothers and Sisters, we know the Verses we need to believe them as well.
Let's try a commentary on sickness and disease , and show the Verses to support our Faith.

Let's start on the curse of the Law.

• Informative
Reactions: Tom 1

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
2 Corinthians 12:8-10

Well that's a start ,but I have been quoted this verse so many times on this subject ,that I am beginning to wonder if anyone reads their
Bible.

2 Corinthians 12: 4. How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. 5. Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities. 6. For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me. 7. And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Paul was given a unclean Spirit to persecute him.
Some believe Christ sent the Spirit.
Some believe Satan sent the Spirit
This spirit had a purpose in that Pauls great gifts be not exalted .
To think this is a Trump card that God only heals some,is completely out of context , even with the rest of second Corinthians.
Christ said my Grace is sufficient.
That was Paul's answer ,He had the authority over the Spirit already.
This completely validates my point.
People already have the Promise of being healed, they simply will not use their God given authority to cast off their affliction.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
What can we clearly see with Paul's thorn?

Unclean spirits bring affliction.
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law: Galatians 3 vs 13
So by our actions we bring the curse back on our selves.
We are Son's of God ,we have authority over unclean spirits.
We have been given the Power of the name above all names ,we are given the name of Jesus to live in walk in and live by.
We choose life when we choose Jesus.
God gave the Choice of life and death, God's will was to choose life.
As Christians we have already chosen life ,just like Paul had already been given God's grace,God's favor, God's power over evil in His life.
But people put authority in their afflictions ,they give them names as if they have a title deed in their healthcare plan.
Even the unnamed has no right to our lives.
Let's all get there ,not tomorrow in Heaven but today on Earth.
Our lives on Earth are meant to Wittness the Gospel, How can we Wittness affliction over victory and tell others about God's goodness?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People already have the Promise of being healed, they simply will not use their God given authority to cast off their affliction

Are you saying that All sick Christians have a promise that they will be healed or that some Christians have a promise they will be healed?

Because the many Christians I know who have long term illness do not have any awarness of a promise that they will be healed.

For many of them they face a real problem, in that they risk death if they stop taking their meication but they also risk death if the continue to take their medication and are healed.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well that's a start ,but I have been quoted this verse so many times on this subject
It's the perfect example that God does what He wants despite our complaints. It's His perogative to heal. We can pray all we want. If He says no, then we need to pray for grace to persevere.

We are delivered through God's mercy, not our prayers. We have absolutely zero authority over Him. Daniel 4:35

If we are suffer, that is an occasion for joy. James 1:2-4
If we are left scarred, it's okay. 2 Corinthians 4:17

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Our lives on Earth are meant to Wittness the Gospel, How can we Wittness affliction over victory and tell others about God's goodness?
The victory is found in the humble supplicant's submission to God's will. If God has ordained to subject me to a wheelchair from my youth, what complaint shall I offer to Him? Philippians 4:11-13
Why should I seek delierance when I have the promise that He will enable me to persevere? If I am to 'claim' that promise, then my highest priority is to put God to the test. Come what may, good or ill, I have the Spirit (not to tell what to do. God forbid I should direct the omnipotent, omniscient One) but in the very midst of the shadow of death I will not fear because in it He leads me along proper paths and through green pastures. His rod and staff I will not spurn because in His affliction, there is comfort. Psalms 119:71

I'm not saying, that healing is bad. Obviously, it is a good thing to seek, and I am happy for your healing and am thankful to God, and I would take nothing away from that; but to see a child of God writhing in pain, yet saying, "this is for my good" is a powerful testimony to the mysterious reality of God working redemption through affliction. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The victory is found in the humble supplicant's submission to God's will. If God has ordained to subject me to a wheelchair from my youth, what complaint shall I offer to Him? Philippians 4:11-13
Why should I seek delierance when I have the promise that He will enable me to persevere? If I am to 'claim' that promise, then my highest priority is to put God to the test. Come what may, good or ill, I have the Spirit (not to tell what to do. God forbid I should direct the omnipotent, omniscient One) but in the very midst of the shadow of death I will not fear because in it He leads me along proper paths and through green pastures. His rod and staff I will not spurn because in His affliction, there is comfort. Psalms 119:71

I'm not saying, that healing is bad. Obviously, it is a good thing to seek, and I am happy for your healing and am thankful to God, and I would take nothing away from that; but to see a child of God writhing in pain, yet saying, "this is for my good" is a powerful testimony to the mysterious reality of God working redemption through affliction. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Ok ,but I believe your understanding of the context of Philippians is
Incorrect or being used as a hyperbole.
Let's look:

Philippians 4: 10. But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity. 11. Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 12. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 14. Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction. 15. Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. 16. For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. 17. Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. 18. But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.

Paul is talking about his needs ,He tells no matter rich or poor he is content.
This is not about healing ,it is Paul giving exhortation to the Philippians for their support of his ministry.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
It's the perfect example that God does what He wants despite our complaints. It's His perogative to heal. We can pray all we want. If He says no, then we need to pray for grace to persevere.

We are delivered through God's mercy, not our prayers. We have absolutely zero authority over Him. Daniel 4:35

If we are suffer, that is an occasion for joy. James 1:2-4
If we are left scarred, it's okay. 2 Corinthians 4:17

God is no respector of persons,nor will his word return void.
Let's look at James :

James 5: 13. Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. 14. Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15. And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. 17. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. 18. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

I do not see a if it be thine will here?
I do not see God having mercy on some and not having mercy on others.

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Now if after this sentence it said in God's mercy that would qualify your statment,s but it's not there.
Why?
Because all the promises of God are yes and amen.
Through Christ our healing was paid in full, in Isaiah, Matthew ,and Peter God's Word says this ,I believe God's Word.
I believe Mark chapter 11,and I believe both Old and New Testaments.
But this is the point of my starting this thread, before you can Speak healing is for the believer there is always someone saying no nope no way The Bible says...
What does the Bible really say?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Never mind Satan trying to kill you, unclean spirits being rebuked in the name of Jesus ,now God has pleasure in killing me?
Sin brings death our sins have been forgiven.
If we fall into iniquity over and over we need to think about our salvation.
God's headge of protection can be lifted by unrepentant sin ,even with this we control our own destiny ,we choose life or death because we have the freewill to do so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that All sick Christians have a promise that they will be healed or that some Christians have a promise they will be healed?

Because the many Christians I know who have long term illness do not have any awarness of a promise that they will be healed.

For many of them they face a real problem, in that they risk death if they stop taking their meication but they also risk death if the continue to take their medication and are healed.

I am not advocating ,anyone to stop their medical treatment.
There is a real God who answers real prayer.
My hope is more people would trust Him with their health.
You will receive the measure of who you put your Faith in.

And yes all Christian's have the Promise of being healed ,just as all sinners at some point have the opportunity for salvation.

Isaiah 53: 5. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 Peter 2: 24. Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Matthew 8: 14. And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever. 15. And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them. 16. When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: 17. That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

John 15: 7. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Matthew 7: 7. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 9. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? 10. Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11. If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Acts 3: 18. But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

Galatians 4: 4. But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5. To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Mark 11: 22. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. 25. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. 26. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
What would be the reasoning behind ,a God who was double minded?
Why would he be torn apart spiritually to take away our sin?
Why would he lower Himself to a sin cursed earth ,to be spit on and tormented , mocked pierced with spikes and hung on a cross ,just to change his mind about me or you?
Do we really struggle with God's goodness ,banter over his mercy?
Deny his Word?
Does His Word abide in you?
Is it too much required for us to obey Christ and Have Faith in God ?
What is our hope ,if we have the hope of unbelief?

This earth is sin cursed ,evil disgraced with infirmity ,abounding with carnal lust.
Are you and me set apart from it?
I am ,I don't need to beg for medicines ,Yet I take them as well,but that is not God's best for my life Its too hard to ask for a migraine to go ,so get out the Advil and let your head keep pounding.
Then when your about out of your mind ,you start giving God the glory.
Your eyes start to clear up and your neck moves ,and you wonder why you didn't ask to begin with.
Day by day Faith grows through the trials that come.
But trials are temporary, but for a moment.
Your healing has been given ,to receive it you simply need to believe in Christ with all your heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Prayer is an act of faith. The smallest granule of faith is enough to move God to show mercy. Luke 17:6
So, why doesn't everyone who prays for healing receive it?

Because the torment ,and cares of this World ,steals the life from them.
Honestly I'm almost there myself.
Almost to the point of not being able to have a grain of Faith.
We know God has made a way for our escape ,but there are times all the doors seem locked.
But I hold fast to one statement from a man in Christ day.

Mark 9: 23. Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. 25. When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not advocating ,anyone to stop their medical treatment.
There is a real God who answers real prayer.
My hope is more people would trust Him with their health.
You will receive the measure of who you put your Faith in.

I'm glad you aren't advocating stopping taking medication.

Yes I now there is a God who is totally in control.

What is more important, that people are healed of sickness or that they are saved?
Which of those two do you think God is interested in?

How would you councell someone who firmly believes that God answers prayer, but they are still seriously ill?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad you aren't advocating stopping taking medication.

Yes I now there is a God who is totally in control.

What is more important, that people are healed of sickness or that they are saved?
Which of those two do you think God is interested in?

How would you councell someone who firmly believes that God answers prayer, but they are still seriously ill?

What's more important, is to study God's Word.
How about healing and salvation at the same time?

James 5: 15. And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

How have I comforted the terminally ill?

A dear lady way up in age ,told A Baptist Preacher and me , she was tired .
Tired of another surgery upcoming ,She just wanted to be with the Lord.
We prayed for God's will ,knowing she was suffering.
She passed within 2 days.
I loved that Woman ,and it hurt to see her in such pain.
I did not ask God to take her I asked Him to answer her prayer.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I do not make plans to say anything.
I pray for the sick as the Holy Spirit wills.
In the natural what can I do for a man who survived Cancer ,with My wife praying for his healing ,only to lose his Wife after 60 years of marriage.
How can a natural man give comfort?
But God has given His Comforter the Holy Spirit ,only by his Word can I speak.

You know sometimes I wish people should stop the challenges ,stop the bitterness and let there light shine before us.
Can you say anything to Wittness God's goodness or has the need to stay bitter , taken hold and covered your candle stick?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Quote : Tolworth John

How would you councell someone who firmly believes that God answers prayer, but they are still seriously ill?[/QUOTE]
Unquote)

It's easy to be a critic let's try this....
What would you tell them?
If you told them anything would it be based on God's Word?

I have seen the sick and dying raised up to live.
God has worked mircials right before my eyes ,a man with 2/3rds of his heart dead raised up for another 5 years.
I don't want to answer to God for not obeying what and who I am called to pray for.
Those 5 years allowed that man to reunite with his son ,who am I to turn my back.
Another man had a son who was all but dead ,his words were of accepting his sons death.
I prayed with him ,his son died.
Life and death are in the Power of your tongue , never the less it's not in my charge ,but I ask anyway.

Upvote 0