• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Who believes we are in the latter days and that the Rapture will happen in our lifetime?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by TheSinningServant, May 9, 2019.

1. TheSinningServant

TheSinningServant Jesus is my Savior, not my religion.

+19
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    I apologize if this question has already been asked.

I am wondering if anyone believes that we are in last days based on prophecies and why. If you do not think so, I would also like to know why you think this.

Thanks in advance!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+8,222
    Anabaptist
    In the very first century, it was written in Scripture already "we are in the last hour".

So , then, believing all Scripture is truth, as revealed by Yahuweh (God),
    we must be much closer to the very last day of this life,
    than they were then when Yahuweh inspired His Word to be written down, right ?

As for any 'rapture', there are so many false stories going around, I think it best not to read them nor listen to them.

Stick with Scripture instead - Scripture is Truth, is simple, and is not confusing like all the many stories are.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. tampasteve

tampasteve Messianic and Lutheran Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,948
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    MOD HAT ON

Please note, this thread has been moved to a more appropriate forum.

MOD HAT OFF

4. TheSinningServant

+19
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    Thank you for your reply.

I have to say that I do believe there will be rapture based on 1 Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

I am curious what this means to you?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,222
    Anabaptist
    Just what it says, that's all.

(i.e. NOT what all the various theories and myths and mis-interpretations add to it or try to make something else out of it)

6. tampasteve

tampasteve Messianic and Lutheran Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,948
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Personally I choose not to focus on if we are or are not in the End Times, I think many people become so focused and obsessed with "the End Times" that they loose focus on actually living a Christian life and trying to better the world now.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  7. TheSinningServant

+19
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    Does this verse not describe exactly what the rapture is? If it is writen in bible, does it not make it true?

8. crossnote

crossnote Berean Supporter

+730
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I believe so as the last days involve Israel's regathering and eventually all nations coming against Her. Our Lord gave us signs pointing to the season of His Coming and they are a blooming.
    As far as our coming to Him in the rapture, there will be no signs for that but we are always to watch and be ready.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,222
    Anabaptist
    Not today, with more myths popping up every day describing what people think it means.

The (simple, in this case) meaning rests with God, and to whom He Reveals it. It is not usually known, as

likewise most all the world is opposed to God, being His enemy and enemies of His

people.

10. Mary Meg

Mary Meg Well-Known Member Supporter

+673
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I definitely believe we are in the last days... probably toward the end of the last days.

But I have no idea what that means or when the Lord is coming back.

I was raised believing in a "rapture" of the Church, but I'm questioning that idea now...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,222
    Anabaptist
    All the Apostles and all the disciples with them believed they were in the last days, even in the "last hour" , also.

Since then (since the first century), many many many deceptions have been brought in and taught as if true, within "churches".

Instead of believing men, always believe, trust, and rely on Yahuweh (God) by faith through grace in Yahushua Messiah (Jesus), even that being a GIFT, A PRICELESS GIFT !

12. TheSinningServant

+19
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    Revelation 1:3 "Blessed is he who reads and hears the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near."

To me, studying prophecy is a way of living a Christian life. And as it is said in the bible those who hear the words of prophecy are blessed.

I do not believe we can make the world a better place. I believe God has a plan for the world and what we do does not affect this.

Thanks for your reply!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,222
    Anabaptist
    You believe Scripture is Truth , right ?

No where in Scripture does Yahuweh(God) ever say that His people , Ekklesia,
    CAN
    make the world a better place,
    NOR
    that that is Yahuweh's Purpose or Plan !

Rather, He Says Clearly it keeps getting more and more sinful/ wicked/ full of evil
    throughout all society, all the world,
    and
    His Plan is to destroy it again, only this time not by water, but by fire.

14. Mary Meg

+673
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Well, that was written 1,900+ years ago. So "the time is near" in A.D. 90 is obviously relative. And it could still be relative.
    Do you think in the past 1,900 years, Christianity has made the world a better place? Has the Church affected the world?

Yes, God has a plan, but His plan for the Church was to bring the Gospel to the ends of the earth. We have done that, but we aren't done yet!

God's plan doesn't come about by the Church sitting on its hands. The Lord has given His people a commission.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. TheSinningServant

+19
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    That is what I just said hence the following sentence speaking of God's plan and how what we do cannot affect this.

16. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,222
    Anabaptist
    Okay.

Remember what we do , we will be judged for. Every deed, every thought, every word.

So it might not affect the world (even Jesus did not change all the world, only a remnant),
    but
    it very much affects Yahuweh's Judgment of us. (and can affect very much of our life on earth TODAY also)

17. TheSinningServant

+19
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    I believe Christianity has made Christians' worlds better, but the world such as a whole society no.

I understand we have been given a commission, and it is best for us try and do good deeds, nonetheless, I do not believe this affects the world as a whole. God's plan is not to have a perfect world, as if the world were perfect, (especially by our own doings) there would be no reason for God or Heaven. His plan is more than spreading the Gospel.

18. Lost4words

Lost4words Like a puppy, i need guidance. Supporter

+2,510
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Been so called 'Last Days' since Christianity began.

Revelation is grossly misinterpreted. As is a lot of scripture.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+1,233
    Christian
    Married
    Last days...I think ever generation believes it..hopes? :) The word talked about Israel..prophecy when it was not a nation. So it becomes a nation.. and seems to be blooming. And the word has reached the whole world. For me I have to take that into account.

Caught up.. wow been seeing this allot in regards to post caught up. For me when I read His word I come away with He will take us before. Yet since I can not prove it..nor can one prove post. I was not promised tomorrow so I live expect Him in the moment He gave me. Now is when He will come.. I live as if He is coming now. Now is all I have lol. We forget that the Father IS doing more GOOD then all the evil.

We see all this stuff coming up gay, abortion, and gender.. all rising now? Yeah.. last days for sure. But.. He controls time...can last another second to 20 more years and still be inline with the word. How EVER long it takes to save HIS creation.. I will gladly wait.. I am living forever already...

20. Mary Meg

+673
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Do you think that Christians live in a different world than everybody else?
    Do you think, that as the Body of Christ, we are His hands and feet -- and that through us, His Body, he accomplishes His plan for this world?