Not open for further replies.

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
When God says the number one, does he sometimes mean 3 and one, and at other times mean just one, and at other times mean 2 and 1 and at other times he means just 3 when he says one and at other times when he says 3 he means 3 and one? That's what all you guys are teaching. you're all teaching that God doesn't mean one when he says one and he doesn't mean 2 when he says 2 and he doesn't mean 3 when he says 3. thus this proves you are all wrong. Why? cause God doesn't lie. When god says one he doesn't mean 3 or 3 is one, or one and 3 he means one. God says what he means and means what he says.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The maths of Trinity is simple 1+1+1=3. Mystery. Yes. But God cannot fit into the smallness of human understanding. So are God's infiniteness and timelessness mystery to us, words that we have no real basis for anything approaching real comprehension.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just another example of how Unitarians are willing to not take the word "one" literally when it does not match their theology.

In the Greek the word "none" is two words, "there is not one righteous." Yet E48 allows for the word "one" in the phrase "not one" to mean "some are righteous." She is guided by context. So also are Trinitarians guided by biblical context regarding the word "one."

The expression "one Lord Jesus Christ" does not exclude the Father to which E48 would agree. So also, the expression "one God the Father" does not exclude Jesus Christ.
G1521 εις (Including the neuter [etc.]; a primary numeral; one: adjective: nominative singular masculine

Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
G1521 εις (Including the neuter [etc.]; a primary numeral; one: adjective: nominative singular masculine
You did not address the substance of my post. The Father cannot be "Lord" for there is only one Lord Jesus Christ.

Btw, please see the new thread "Was Abraham a Unitarian?"

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
The maths of Trinity is simple 1+1+1=3. Mystery. Yes.
the math of trinity is 1 + 1 + 1 = 1,not 1 + 1 + 1 + 3.
JOhnnz said:
But God cannot fit into the smallness of human understanding. So are God's infiniteness and timelessness mystery to us, words that we have no real basis for anything approaching real comprehension.

John
NZ
no mystery about what God meant when he said "hear o israel the LORD your God is one. " God says what he means and means what he says. God uses words to mean what they mean including the word one. when God says one he means one, not 3. ONly humans use words to mean something other than what they mean, not God.

Upvote 0

samcarternx

saint
Jul 17, 2010
✟16,463.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
no mystery about what God meant when he said "hear o israel the LORD your God is one. " God says what he means and means what he says. God uses words to mean what they mean including the word one. when God says one he means one, not 3. ONly humans use words to mean something other than what they mean, not God.
hehehehe I and our Father are one. what do you do with me? [pong]:D[/pong]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frenchfrye

spreading the bible
May 17, 2012
✟8,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

what about when Jesus was in the temple and he forgave sins which only God can do. he claimed to be God then. is he a liar?

Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
First, the word "one" is the word "echad" which is from "yachad" which means "united" (Strong's #258,259). At least TWO are required to be united.

Second, it is Jesus whom Moses was speaking about in Deuteronomy 6:4. Verse 16 warns against tempting YHWH as they tempted Him at Massah. Paul said that it was Christ they tempted (1 Cor. 10:9).

You cannot interpret verse 4 witrhout verse 16 and also Paul's commentary in 1 Cor. 10:9.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

But we Trinitarians don't believe in three Gods, only one. You have misrepresented our position.

John
NZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Matthew 24:36--36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,[a] but the Father only.

Is the Holy Spirit is also God, how come he didnt know the day or hour?

Jesus as Son of Man did not know all things, but as Son of God, a Trinity of being, He and Father did know, as did the Holy Spirit.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Jesus as Son of Man did not know all things, but as Son of God, a Trinity of being, He and Father did know, as did the Holy Spirit.

John
NZ

That sounds like someone coming up with a "philosophy" of men of what Jesus said to try and prove that Trinity is correct. Jesus as the son does not know, but Jesus as God does know. He is still the son, IMO.

Upvote 0

peebly63

Mar 21, 2013
✟1,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That sounds like someone coming up with a "philosophy" of men of what Jesus said to try and prove that Trinity is correct. Jesus as the son does not know, but Jesus as God does know. He is still the son, IMO.

of course the trinity is correct or does the bible shows us there are three gods...

Upvote 0

Mediate

Only Borrowed
Jan 31, 2013
✟8,492.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Before I write, anyone who reads this, don't take it from me. God and do your own greek studies and historical studies, and read the Old Testament.

The trinity is founded by a man called Tertullian, and even he said God and Jesus aren't the same entity.

But they share the same 'essence' or 'perspective'.

The essence of their being is working toward the same will, the will of God.

And that's what having a spirit of holiness is; willingly working with God's will for man; to love one another.

There are hundreds of reasons, and reference, and 3rd party mentions, where Jesus calls God 'Father' and God calls Jesus 'son', that rule them out as being the same entity.

Yet two main sets of verses are used to support this trinitarian idea against all the rest of the biblical verses that show otherwise;

1. I and the Father are one, and 'whoever sees me sees the father'

2. And also from John; in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God (and what comes after).

And these are both misunderstood.

The first of them means that whoever sees what Jesus does, and whoever notices how Jesus behaves, and what Jesus works towards, sees what God's character is like, because Jesus is the perfect example of what God wants from a human being. So if we see Jesus, we see God. Their character is the same. It's like me 'doing the will of my father'. When I do what my dad wants, everyone around sees the character of my father in me. I hold his values.

And the second is no more than an account of what it was like in the beginning, and of the way to God; What we knew of God, in the beginning, was his word. We cannot see his true face, so he speaks to us through what comes from his mouth instead. His 'word', which he speaks. His 'truth', which he shows us, which he creates for us, which he has had man write down throughout the ages. That was what we knew of God in the beginning. So therefore, the word was God, because it shows God to us, and it's the only way that we COULD see him in those times. It shows us God's way, and God's will. But then the word became flesh; well, God spoke, and Jesus was made. God spoke, and the earth was made. God spoke, and Adam was made. He breathed into it, from his MOUTH. God also 'spoke', and there man was conceived. By his 'breath', by what comes from his mouth. And since Jesus fulfills every part of what that word tells man to be, then of course it is as though the word of God was made example into flesh. The instruction of God was made example in a man.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that trusts on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

It means that the spirit if Holiness isn't just for Jesus to have, and Jesus doesn't do all the things he did just because he's God's son, it was because he had the will of God. He was in line with it. He KNEW the truth. He knew that selfless compassion was the only decent trait to have.

The greek 'Houtous' is translated as 'he', as in 'he was in the beginning with God'. Now, houtous tends to actually mean 'it', so rather 'it was in the beginning with God'. Even if it should be translated 'he', I mean, we were all technically in God's 'mind' at the beginning anyway, just like Jesus. We were all sewn in the womb. And God knows of every human who ever has, is, or will be born. But the next verse 'all things though him came into being', means that God, through his spoken word, made everything that ever came into being. That's just stone cold plain and simple. Genesis gives practically the same account. If 'houtou' in this instance is translated as 'it' instead of 'he', it reads 'all things through it (God's spoken word)' came into being'. It's the same thing. Whether it's through 'him (God) or though 'it' (God's word), all things DID come into being that way. Read Genesis. God spoke, and it was. The next bit, 'in him was the light of men', and 'the light in the darkness shines'. Again, like Genesis says, he separated light from darkness. 'There was a man sent from God, the name given to him was John'.' He came for witness to the light, that all might trust through reason of it (or, through His reason)' (autou again)'. HE was not the light (John was not), but this is so that he (john) might give evidence concerning the light'. Ok, so he wants to teach the path of the light. Then it says ( and this is the kicker), 'the light was made of truth, it is that WHICH ENLIGHTENS every man coming into the world'. See, the 'light of God', is the right path itself. The right mindset. The way of right-thinking. The narrow road. The path to God. The path to enlightenment. The light, lights up men's minds.

This whole thing is talking about how God speaks the truth to men, and he shows us the light. He 'lights the way'. He enlightens men. And one of the vessels of his 'enlightening truth' for men, is Jesus. Because Jesus behaves as someone TOTALLY 'enlightened', in a human body. He's the perfect example of someone who walks in the light.

Then Jesus goes onto say 'I am the illumination for the world, for he that walks on my road shall not conduct his life in the darkness, but will possess the light of life'

The Spirit of Holiness is a mindset, not something that invades a person after they complete a set of rituals like 'be baptized in water' and 'go to church';

Be baptized and repent' literally means 'submerge and change your mind'.

It makes me read;

'Undergo a change of mind' or 'submit to renewal of your mind'. Something like that.

The Spirit of Holiness is a characteristic or attribute that both God and Jesus share, as do the apostles, and anyone who has 'renewed their mind' sufficiently enough to no longer be so bound by sinful desire and who realizes what is beneficial to them, which is; to do what benefits others.

'There is no greater love that a man may die for another'.

It means that the focus of the bible is not a 'checklist of beliefs that lead to salvation from hell', but rather 'cultivating the mindset that leads to knowing God and doing his will'.

Never forget, God is one God. God is more important than Jesus can be. God is our focus.

'Why do you call me perfect?' said Jesus, 'There is only one who is perfect - the God'.

Reactions: Evergreen48
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

peebly63

Mar 21, 2013
✟1,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before I write, anyone who reads this, don't take it from me. God and do your own greek studies and historical studies, and read the Old Testament.

The trinity is founded by a man called Tertullian, and even he said God and Jesus aren't the same entity.

But they share the same 'essence' or 'perspective'.

The essence of their being is working toward the same will, the will of God.

And that's what having a spirit of holiness is; willingly working with God's will for man; to love one another.

There are hundreds of reasons, and reference, and 3rd party mentions, where Jesus calls God 'Father' and God calls Jesus 'son', that rule them out as being the same entity.

Yet two main sets of verses are used to support this trinitarian idea against all the rest of the biblical verses that show otherwise;

1. I and the Father are one, and 'whoever sees me sees the father'

2. And also from John; in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God (and what comes after).

And these are both misunderstood.

The first of them means that whoever sees what Jesus does, and whoever notices how Jesus behaves, and what Jesus works towards, sees what God's character is like, because Jesus is the perfect example of what God wants from a human being. So if we see Jesus, we see God. Their character is the same. It's like me 'doing the will of my father'. When I do what my dad wants, everyone around sees the character of my father in me. I hold his values.

And the second is no more than an account of what it was like in the beginning, and of the way to God; What we knew of God, in the beginning, was his word. We cannot see his true face, so he speaks to us through what comes from his mouth instead. His 'word', which he speaks. His 'truth', which he shows us, which he creates for us, which he has had man write down throughout the ages. That was what we knew of God in the beginning. So therefore, the word was God, because it shows God to us, and it's the only way that we COULD see him in those times. It shows us God's way, and God's will. But then the word became flesh; well, God spoke, and Jesus was made. God spoke, and the earth was made. God spoke, and Adam was made. He breathed into it, from his MOUTH. God also 'spoke', and there man was conceived. By his 'breath', by what comes from his mouth. And since Jesus fulfills every part of what that word tells man to be, then of course it is as though the word of God was made example into flesh. The instruction of God was made example in a man.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that trusts on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

It means that the spirit if Holiness isn't just for Jesus to have, and Jesus doesn't do all the things he did just because he's God's son, it was because he had the will of God. He was in line with it. He KNEW the truth. He knew that selfless compassion was the only decent trait to have.

The greek 'Houtous' is translated as 'he', as in 'he was in the beginning with God'. Now, houtous tends to actually mean 'it', so rather 'it was in the beginning with God'. Even if it should be translated 'he', I mean, we were all technically in God's 'mind' at the beginning anyway, just like Jesus. We were all sewn in the womb. And God knows of every human who ever has, is, or will be born. But the next verse 'all things though him came into being', means that God, through his spoken word, made everything that ever came into being. That's just stone cold plain and simple. Genesis gives practically the same account. If 'houtou' in this instance is translated as 'it' instead of 'he', it reads 'all things through it (God's spoken word)' came into being'. It's the same thing. Whether it's through 'him (God) or though 'it' (God's word), all things DID come into being that way. Read Genesis. God spoke, and it was. The next bit, 'in him was the light of men', and 'the light in the darkness shines'. Again, like Genesis says, he separated light from darkness. 'There was a man sent from God, the name given to him was John'.' He came for witness to the light, that all might trust through reason of it (or, through His reason)' (autou again)'. HE was not the light (John was not), but this is so that he (john) might give evidence concerning the light'. Ok, so he wants to teach the path of the light. Then it says ( and this is the kicker), 'the light was made of truth, it is that WHICH ENLIGHTENS every man coming into the world'. See, the 'light of God', is the right path itself. The right mindset. The way of right-thinking. The narrow road. The path to God. The path to enlightenment. The light, lights up men's minds.

This whole thing is talking about how God speaks the truth to men, and he shows us the light. He 'lights the way'. He enlightens men. And one of the vessels of his 'enlightening truth' for men, is Jesus. Because Jesus behaves as someone TOTALLY 'enlightened', in a human body. He's the perfect example of someone who walks in the light.

Then Jesus goes onto say 'I am the illumination for the world, for he that walks on my road shall not conduct his life in the darkness, but will possess the light of life'

The Spirit of Holiness is a mindset, not something that invades a person after they complete a set of rituals like 'be baptized in water' and 'go to church';

Be baptized and repent' literally means 'submerge and change your mind'.

It makes me read;

'Undergo a change of mind' or 'submit to renewal of your mind'. Something like that.

The Spirit of Holiness is a characteristic or attribute that both God and Jesus share, as do the apostles, and anyone who has 'renewed their mind' sufficiently enough to no longer be so bound by sinful desire and who realizes what is beneficial to them, which is; to do what benefits others.

'There is no greater love that a man may die for another'.

It means that the focus of the bible is not a 'checklist of beliefs that lead to salvation from hell', but rather 'cultivating the mindset that leads to knowing God and doing his will'.

Never forget, God is one God. God is more important than Jesus can be. God is our focus.

'Why do you call me perfect?' said Jesus, 'There is only one who is perfect - the God'.

perhaps you could explain the "i am " statements Jesus made...

and the alpha and omega problem...

without the trinity you must believe in multiple gods...

Upvote 0

Mediate

Only Borrowed
Jan 31, 2013
✟8,492.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
perhaps you could explain the "i am " statements Jesus made...

and the alpha and omega problem...

without the trinity you must believe in multiple gods...

No, I believe in One God. Just like the Jews always did. and just like Jesus did;

'For there is One God, and also one mediator between God and men who is the man Jesus Christ'.

I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live wholly;"

eating in the bible means 'taking in truth'. 'Eat this scroll', saith God'. Means 'take this truth in'. I mean, we don't EAT scrolls. Eating the bread Jesus gives means we take in his truths and we'll live in fullness, of ageless quality.

John 8:23: And He said to them, "You are of low; I AM of high. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

Heaven, comes from 'shamayim', which means 'heights' or 'elevations' or 'enlightenment'. It's not a physical place. The physical place for the afterlife is 'Gan Eden' - New eden. Jesus is enlightened, of 'heights', of 'elevated perspective'. Those who he spoke to were not. And it goes onto say, that if they don't trust that he's of 'the above', then they'll die in their sins. If we don't trust Jesus enlightenment and the teaching of such ways to it, then we'll die not knowing it.

John 8:12: Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I AM the illumination of the world. He who walks my road shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

Again, Jesus is the great enlightener, the perfect example of God's will.

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am now."

= In the past, you looked to Abraham, now look to me.

John 10:9: "I AM the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in, and will go out, and will find pasture."

If someone trusts Jesus and goes by his way, walks his road, he'll be able to graze to his hearts content. He'll 'eat plenty'.

John 10:11: "I AM the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

= an honorable man would lay his life down for his flock. That's what Jesus does. Self sacrifice.

John 10:34-36: "Is it not written in your law 'I (God) says 'You are gods'? If He called the ones who scripture came to 'gods', and the scripture cannot be broken, then why do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?

To the pharisees; if your law calls you 'gods', then why are you saying I blaspheme for saying I'm the son of God?'

We're made in God's image, so we are 'children of God'. 'Sons of God'. We are, what comes from God. Scripture came from God. Just like man came from God. So the pharisees, in their haste, were being hypocrites.

John 11:25-26: Jesus said to her, "I AM the arising again and the life. He who trusts towards Me, though he may die, he will live, and everyone, who lives and trust on me, shall never die to the age. Do you trust this?.

Jesus is the one who went to death and 'rebuilt the temple' in three days. So that any who die will rise again on the last day, and those that trust on him never will die.

This is from the story of Lazarus, and he resurrected lazarus to prove this to the woman and offer her solace. He is the resurrection, because, when he died, he took sin with it. He caused man to not have to pay the sacrificial penalty for sin, which is death. He paid that price. So he is the cause for the resurrection.

John 14:5-6: Thomas said to Jesus 'We don't know where you go, so how can we know the way?' Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. None of you comes to the Father if not by Me.

Jesus way shows us God, and it would show Thomas God. If we walk Jesus' path, we are sure to see God, the Father. Jesus is saying to Thomas 'trust in me Thomas, walk my way, and you'll see God. You'll go everywhere I go'.

Not unlike 'you shall do even greater works than these, because I go to my father!'

John 15:1: "I AM the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.

A vine yields fruit for people to eat. eating, again in the bible, is to do with taking in truth. Jesus is saying 'I'm the true source of your knowledge, and my father is the one that tends to it all'.

John 19:2: Therefore the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, "Do not write, 'The King of the Jews,' but, 'He said, "I am the King of the Jews."'"

Behold, the days are coming,’ declares the Lord, ‘when I shall raise up for David a righteous Branch; and He will reign as king and act wisely and do justice and righteousness in the land. In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely.

Look, the days are coming when I will raise up a righteous descendant from David, and he will reign as 'king' and act wisely and do things of justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel (the struggle with Godliness) will sit securely (with him).

Jesus is the spiritual head of the tribe of Judah, or, of THE JEWS.

Upvote 0

peebly63

Mar 21, 2013
✟1,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I believe in One God. Just like the Jews always did. and just like Jesus did;

'For there is One God, and also one mediator between God and men who is the man Jesus Christ'.

I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live wholly;"

eating in the bible means 'taking in truth'. 'Eat this scroll', saith God'. Means 'take this truth in'. I mean, we don't EAT scrolls. Eating the bread Jesus gives means we take in his truths and we'll live in fullness, of ageless quality.

John 8:23: And He said to them, "You are of low; I AM of high. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

Heaven, comes from 'shamayim', which means 'heights' or 'elevations' or 'enlightenment'. It's not a physical place. The physical place for the afterlife is 'Gan Eden' - New eden. Jesus is enlightened, of 'heights', of 'elevated perspective'. Those who he spoke to were not. And it goes onto say, that if they don't trust that he's of 'the above', then they'll die in their sins. If we don't trust Jesus enlightenment and the teaching of such ways to it, then we'll die not knowing it.

John 8:12: Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I AM the illumination of the world. He who walks my road shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

Again, Jesus is the great enlightener, the perfect example of God's will.

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am now."

= In the past, you looked to Abraham, now look to me.

John 10:9: "I AM the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in, and will go out, and will find pasture."

If someone trusts Jesus and goes by his way, walks his road, he'll be able to graze to his hearts content. He'll 'eat plenty'.

John 10:11: "I AM the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

= an honorable man would lay his life down for his flock. That's what Jesus does. Self sacrifice.

John 10:34-36: "Is it not written in your law 'I (God) says 'You are gods'? If He called the ones who scripture came to 'gods', and the scripture cannot be broken, then why do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?

To the pharisees; if your law calls you 'gods', then why are you saying I blaspheme for saying I'm the son of God?'

We're made in God's image, so we are 'children of God'. 'Sons of God'. We are, what comes from God. Scripture came from God. Just like man came from God. So the pharisees, in their haste, were being hypocrites.

John 11:25-26: Jesus said to her, "I AM the arising again and the life. He who trusts towards Me, though he may die, he will live, and everyone, who lives and trust on me, shall never die to the age. Do you trust this?.

Jesus is the one who went to death and 'rebuilt the temple' in three days. So that any who die will rise again on the last day, and those that trust on him never will die.

This is from the story of Lazarus, and he resurrected lazarus to prove this to the woman and offer her solace. He is the resurrection, because, when he died, he took sin with it. He caused man to not have to pay the sacrificial penalty for sin, which is death. He paid that price. So he is the cause for the resurrection.

John 14:5-6: Thomas said to Jesus 'We don't know where you go, so how can we know the way?' Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. None of you comes to the Father if not by Me.

Jesus way shows us God, and it would show Thomas God. If we walk Jesus' path, we are sure to see God, the Father. Jesus is saying to Thomas 'trust in me Thomas, walk my way, and you'll see God. You'll go everywhere I go'.

Not unlike 'you shall do even greater works than these, because I go to my father!'

John 15:1: "I AM the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.

A vine yields fruit for people to eat. eating, again in the bible, is to do with taking in truth. Jesus is saying 'I'm the true source of your knowledge, and my father is the one that tends to it all'.

John 19:2: Therefore the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, "Do not write, 'The King of the Jews,' but, 'He said, "I am the King of the Jews."'"

Behold, the days are coming,’ declares the Lord, ‘when I shall raise up for David a righteous Branch; and He will reign as king and act wisely and do justice and righteousness in the land. In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely.

Look, the days are coming when I will raise up a righteous descendant from David, and he will reign as 'king' and act wisely and do things of justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel (the struggle with Godliness) will sit securely (with him).

Jesus is the spiritual head of the tribe of Judah, or, of THE JEWS.

the bible says the word was with god and is God, so if Jesus isn't God, you have multiple gods...

the alpha and the omega in revelations make it clear...

unto us a child is born....

who was Jesus when he came to the earth, God, a god, a good man...a teacher...

when the term "I am " is used to the jews knew what was being said, they knew he was claiming to be God...

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You did not address the substance of my post. The Father cannot be "Lord" for there is only one Lord Jesus Christ.:doh:
Originally Posted by The Boxer In the Greek the word "none" is two words, "there is not one righteous." Yet E48 allows for the word "one" in the phrase "not one" to mean "some are righteous." She is guided by context. So also are Trinitarians guided by biblical context regarding the word "one." [/quote]:confused: You mean misguided from the simplicity that is in Christ for they preach another Jesus, whom we have not preached for there is but one God, the Father,
because our God is one Lord:the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour, a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

So, understand that I am He: before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me and besides me there is no saviour.

Why? He is called The God of the whole earth. Who do you think Job was talking about when he said "over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him"?

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with me.

Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, for him are all things, and we through him.

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Psa 89:18 For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.

Isa 43:3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

Isa 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am He: before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD; and besides Me there is no saviour.

12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.

Isa 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Job says God controlled all the evil brought upon him and not some little guy with a pitchfork.

Job 42:11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.