Son of God
Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
✟8,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If a person feels they 'have' to go to church every Sunday, this would concern me. Spirit filled Christians are the Temple of God and are the church. Everywhere you go is church.

To feel you 'had' to go to a building where other people are to please God, is a sign of brainwashing. Anyone who feels that way needs to do a double check on their heart and soul.

Ones' aim as a child of God should always be to be led by the Spirit of God....not the desires of people.....

I do go to church every Sunday, but it isn't a fair answer as I am the pastor....:)

Blessings,

Angel of Fire

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear janejenkins1. I go to church every Sunday, if i am lucky. There are days when my health won`t let me, or perhaps something important comes up, and I am prevented. Going to church is a pleasure, jane, it ends one week nicely and starts another one promising. God loves us, jane, and to thank Him for Blessings and ask for His presence, is not only a right thing to do, it also gives strenght for another week. I say this humbly and thankfully. Greetings from Emmy, sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
As the title says who faithfully goes to church every sunday?

When I am well I attend mass three times a week; Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday.

At present I am not well, and it is about a month since I attended mass. I am not sure when I will be well enough to go again.

Upvote 0

PastorJim

Jul 12, 2006
✟3,601.00
Faith
Baptist
If a person feels they 'have' to go to church every Sunday, this would concern me. Spirit filled Christians are the Temple of God and are the church. Everywhere you go is church.

To feel you 'had' to go to a building where other people are to please God, is a sign of brainwashing. Anyone who feels that way needs to do a double check on their heart and soul.

Ones' aim as a child of God should always be to be led by the Spirit of God....not the desires of people.....

I do go to church every Sunday, but it isn't a fair answer as I am the pastor....:)

Blessings,

Angel of Fire

You're a pastor

In the Bible, the church is a gathering of believers for corporate worship, the corporate preaching and teaching of the word of God, the edification of the body, accountability, exhortation, and fellowship.

The Bible is very clear that one of the signs of somebody who is saved will have a desire for fellowship with the church.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

PastorJim

Jul 12, 2006
✟3,601.00
Faith
Baptist
"7 days without Christian fellowship makes one weak"

I remember an interview with the late, great, jazz guitarist, Wes Montgomery.

He said, "I practice everyday. If I skip a day of practice, I notice. If I skip two days, my friends notice. If I skip three days, everybody notices."

Same with church. A "Christian" who doesn't go to church is going to exhibit that. It's going to show itself in other areas in your life.

Think of it this way:

On our farm, we have a large fire pit. If you ever watch the way a fire burns, you put on three or four logs until all of the logs are burning together as one unit. This causes the fire to grow.

When that happens, it's beautiful. It's also useful. You can cook with it, you can warm yourself with it, etc.

But take one of those logs out and look what happens. It immediately goes out and in just seconds, it's cool enough to touch and is nothing but a smoking hunk of ashes.

It's the same with people who take themselves out of the church.

I've never met a Christian yet who doesn't go to church who is not stunted in their growth in Christ or involved in some sort of ongoing sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I attend church every Sunday. Thursdays too. I also meet with a group of Christian friends for Bible study twice a week, and I meet a couple of believers at the bar to casually talk doctrine once a week. "Going to church" doesn't save anyone, and if the whole of your spiritual experience is sitting in a pew for 1.5 hours a week, then you won't grow spiritually (I know, because this was me for awhile), and you may even backslide into unbelief. And woe to the non-Christian who thinks that going to church will save his soul!

The Bible teaches that we should not neglect to meet regularly to encourage and exhort one another. While attending Sunday church services for corporate worship and hearing the word preached is important, it's more important to live in community with believers. The people I study the Bible with are much like a family to me, and we are very involved in each others' lives. This is how the Bible teaches that Christians ought to live. Mind you, I am not saying that we ought not to attend Sunday church services. What I am saying is that one cannot neglect the weightier matter of fellowship with other believers. This is something that one can't get from a Sunday service.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I've never met a Christian yet who doesn't go to church who is not stunted in their growth in Christ or involved in some sort of ongoing sin.

Well, now you have. :wave:

Sometimes I am well enough to go to church, and that is a great blessing. Sometimes I am not well enough and I remain at home, and my church is rather challenged pastorally, and does not do home communion (although it ought to). Nonetheless, God remains with me; his faithfulness never changes, and his presence comforts me every moment, but especially on a Sunday, when I think of my friends at church, and sometimes cry because of what I am missing, and cannot reach.

As for the ongoing sin, well, chance would be a fine thing. I live the life of an anchorite. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Mind you, I am not saying that we ought not to attend Sunday church services. What I am saying is that one cannot neglect the weightier matter of fellowship with other believers. This is something that one can't get from a Sunday service.

I agree. Such fellowship is vital to our continued wellbeing. :)

Upvote 0

PastorJim

Jul 12, 2006
✟3,601.00
Faith
Baptist
I suggest you judge your brothers and sisters a little less harshly, PJ.

I didn't judge anybody. I simply stated my experience. I'm sorry my experiences don't meet with your approval, but for somebody who says I shouldn't judge harshly (when I never did judge in the first place), you sure are judging me harshly.

Upvote 0

PastorJim

Jul 12, 2006
✟3,601.00
Faith
Baptist
What I am saying is that one cannot neglect the weightier matter of fellowship with other believers. This is something that one can't get from a Sunday service.

You can't get fellowship with other believers from a Sunday service? What in the world kind of church are you going to? Every church I've ever known had fellowship with other believers on Sunday morning.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I didn't judge anybody. I simply stated my experience. I'm sorry my experiences don't meet with your approval, but for somebody who says I shouldn't judge harshly (when I never did judge in the first place), you sure are judging me harshly.

Is that all you saw? :confused:

For someone with 'pastor' in your name, you appear rather lacking in compassion.

Good luck with that.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You can't get fellowship with other believers from a Sunday service? What in the world kind of church are you going to? Every church I've ever known had fellowship with other believers on Sunday morning.

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to say that the fellowship that is available during a Sunday service is limited. The churches that I've been a part of in the past, and my current church, are rather large. Certainly believers talk to each other before and after the service. Is this fellowship? The Bible describes fellowship in terms of stirring one another to love and good works, and encouraging one another (Hebrews 10:24-25). Especially in larger churches, this is the sort of thing that typically happens in a small group setting rather than during a worship service.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, another entire thread up for the rule violation awards. Joy unspeakable.

1.) Christians are NOT to start threads of any kind on the questions by NON-Christians board.

2.) Christians are NOT to respond to each other on these threads. Respond to the OP ONLY.

Upvote 0

PastorJim

Jul 12, 2006
✟3,601.00
Faith
Baptist
Is that all you saw? :confused:

For someone with 'pastor' in your name, you appear rather lacking in compassion.

Good luck with that.

No, that isn't all I saw. I saw your comments, which I assume mean that you have some sort of a disability. I sympathize with you, but if only you had asked me to clarify what I meant, rather than assume I was attacking you, you would know, as does everybody else who read my post, that I'm talking about people who are able to attend church, but refuse to, not those who do want to, but can't attend for whatever reason, such as illness.

Upvote 0