Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Who are you really? Are you someone who upholds the laws and expect others to do as is written? (Pharasee)
Or are you the one who does not accuse and forgives others? (Christian)

I see many people throw with the Bible, without showing love or understanding and they think of themselves as being a Christian. Yes Jesus also used the Bible to judge others but only to those that judged with the Bible to others themselves. He did not accuse any of the people who came to Him. He never accused people that were ready to be stoned. He accused the ones holding the stones. Therefor, who are you really? This poll is made to think about yourself. What do you do? Accuse, with the Bible or Forgive, with the Bible.

Please do not be insulted by the question I ask, this question is asked so you could think about yourself. To think about your actions. Not to judge any of you, but to give you all more insight in yourself. Sorry in advance if I frustrated someone with this question but its a question I ask myself too sometimes. Who am I? I think I am sometimes a Christian and sometimes a pharasee…

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Who are you really? Are you someone who upholds the laws and expect others to do as is written? (Pharasee)
Or are you the one who does not accuse and forgives others? (Christian)

There's actually two "schools" of Pharisees, and one of them is a lot less uptight with the laws and very much in-tune with the Christian religion, they even accept Gentiles into their religion.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
hi Timewerx, JimBeta is using the name Pharisee to mean Christians who use the Bible to judge others by the Law. We are not talking about natural born Jewish people or any group calling themselves Pharisees.

I know.

If you do a bit of research about the Pharisees, you'll realize the stereotype is undeserved.

Recognize the fact there are two major sects of Pharisee. One is fluid and not uptight which later became the orthodox.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would wager most of a us are little of both. We are normally very forgiving of those whose sins are much like our own and very accusatory toward those whose sins we find more heinous than our own.

Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know.

If you do a bit of research about the Pharisees, you'll realize the stereotype is undeserved.

Recognize the fact there are two major sects of Pharisee. One is fluid and not uptight which later became the orthodox.
oh, I see.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To live without making any judgement is to imagine that life can be lived without making desisions.

We make judgements about what to eat, wear, who to speak to etc as well as about behaviour.

There is nothing wrong with this.

Provided our judgements are correct and we are not guilty of the same offence.

Should love prevent us judging? I find I am far more critical of my childrens behaviour than I am of other peoples. Love does not always prevent judgement.

Is it loving not to tell someone that their lifestyle will end in hell?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums