Who Are You Going To Vote For In 2008, And Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Skeptic

Senior Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
✟3,152.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Dude ....it whatever you are...:doh:

I have to pray not to have pleasure knwoing your fate on judgement day..

I told you this because the demon that is blinfing you will get great pleasure in thinking someone like me is thinking these wrong thoughts.

But even the demon that possesses your htought process and reasoning will lose because I will be set free from these wrong thoughts ...oops already have ...:amen:
Riiiight....

Upvote 0

Electric Skeptic

Senior Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
✟3,152.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It wasn't life support, it was food and water. Some people can feed themselves and some people have to be fed...like babies, the sick, and some of the elderly. Should we starve people to death if they're sick or deny people food and water because they are unable to feed themselves?
Isn't it a good thing nobody is suggesting this?

It's absurd! What would Jesus say about all this?
Do you seriously think he would have been for keeping someone alive by artificial means when they were brain dead, when their brain had been reduced to basically porridge, when there was nothing of them left? You seem to be under the impression that the person Terri Schiavo was harmed; that's just not the case.

Who will stand up and fight for those who don't have a voice and are being killed by people who think that those lives have no value because they are unable to speak for themselves?
Except that Terri Schiavo was not someone who needed people to stand up for her. She was a turnip. Her life had no value whatsoever because all that made her Terri Schiavo had gone from it.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to pray not to have pleasure knwoing your fate on judgement day..

Well it seems you've already failed at that. :sigh: Because as opposed to the Lord you seem more then happy with the death of people you consider wicked, and that's just wrong. :(
tulc(IMHO)

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is that your definition of life... heartbeat?

It isn't a Biblical one. Breathing is the Biblical definition.
spirit is life. A heartbeat is evidence of a spirit within. There is no life without a spirit. When your spirit leaves your body, your body stops.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you seriously think he would have been for keeping someone alive by artificial means when they were brain dead, when their brain had been reduced to basically porridge, when there was nothing of them left? You seem to be under the impression that the person Terri Schiavo was harmed; that's just not the case.

Except that Terri Schiavo was not someone who needed people to stand up for her. She was a turnip. Her life had no value whatsoever because all that made her Terri Schiavo had gone from it.

Doctors have no idea what kind of brain function she had. In fact, doctors know very little about the brain. There was a lot of testimony from people who took care of her that she could interact and just needed therapy which was ignored. Her husband wanted her dead....likely, because she knows what he did to her and would tell the world.

Her spirit was in her body until her body ceased by the court imposed death sentence by starvation and dehydration. She wasn't dying...she was murdered by the state.

Upvote 0

Electric Skeptic

Senior Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
✟3,152.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Doctors have no idea what kind of brain function she had. In fact, doctors know very little about the brain.
Doctors knew precisely what kind of brain function she had - zero. She was a turnip. This was conclusively proven at the autopsy.

There was a lot of testimony from people who took care of her that she could interact and just needed therapy which was ignored.
There was a bit of testimony, mainly (or exclusively?) from her parents, which was nothing but wishful thinking - again, as proven by the autopsy. She could not interact, and no amount of therapy would have done her the slightest good.

Her husband wanted her dead.
Her husband realised that 'she' was dead, and wanted her body to be allowed to die in peace.

likely, because she knows what he did to her and would tell the world.
An evil, wicked slander for which you have not the slightest bit of evidence.

Her spirit was in her body until her body ceased by the court imposed death sentence by starvation and dehydration.
Personal opinion which can in no way be evidenced.

She wasn't dying...she was murdered by the state.
Obviously false. She wasn't dying - she was being artificially kept alive. She wasn't killed - she was allowed to die. As for 'murder' - that's just ludicrous. Check a dictionary.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Doctors knew precisely what kind of brain function she had - zero. She was a turnip. This was conclusively proven at the autopsy.

There was a bit of testimony, mainly (or exclusively?) from her parents, which was nothing but wishful thinking - again, as proven by the autopsy. She could not interact, and no amount of therapy would have done her the slightest good.

Her husband realised that 'she' was dead, and wanted her body to be allowed to die in peace.

An evil, wicked slander for which you have not the slightest bit of evidence.

Personal opinion which can in no way be evidenced.

Obviously false. She wasn't dying - she was being artificially kept alive. She wasn't killed - she was allowed to die. As for 'murder' - that's just ludicrous. Check a dictionary.
There was an investigation done. There was testimony of nurses who cared for her. Something was amiss. And, no, doctors do not know what the human brain is capable of.

http://www.unbelievablefacts.info/2007/10/boy-shot-left-with-half-brain.html

http://spluch.blogspot.com/2007/08/little-boy-with-half-skull.html

http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Polish_man_wakes_up_to_new_world_af_06012007.html

Upvote 0

Electric Skeptic

Senior Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
✟3,152.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There was an investigation done. There was testimony of nurses who cared for her. Something was amiss. And, no, doctors do not know what the human brain is capable of.

http://www.unbelievablefacts.info/2007/10/boy-shot-left-with-half-brain.html

http://spluch.blogspot.com/2007/08/little-boy-with-half-skull.html

http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Polish_man_wakes_up_to_new_world_af_06012007.html

Doctors do, indeed, know that when the human brain is reduced to mush, the 'person' who it was is gone. The autopsy conclusively proved that Terri Schiavo' brain was porridge. She was not responsive; it was all wishful thinking. Her husband was right all along - everything that made Terri Schiavo the person he loved was gone. He wanted her body to be allowed to die with some semblance of dignity, and, thankfully, finally it was.

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
spirit is life. A heartbeat is evidence of a spirit within. There is no life without a spirit. When your spirit leaves your body, your body stops.
And where do you get this idea about spirit? Hebrew? Ruach; which means breath or wind? Greek? Pneuma; which means breath or wind?

BREATH. That is where the life and spirit exist. The exchange of oxygen through the lungs into the blood. That oxygen then feeds the brain where the self resides. OXYGEN = Life and spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It wasn't life support, it was food and water. Some people can feed themselves and some people have to be fed...like babies, the sick, and some of the elderly. Should we starve people to death if they're sick or deny people food and water because they are unable to feed themselves?

It's absurd! What would Jesus say about all this?

Who will stand up and fight for those who don't have a voice and are being killed by people who think that those lives have no value because they are unable to speak for themselves?

Zec 8:16 These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts;
Zec 8:17 do not plot evil against your neighbor, and do not love to swear falsely. I hate all this,” declares the Lord.
Being allowed to die is pretty basic. Yes, I'm sure she would have "lived" for awhile yet with around the clock 24/7 support but you need to ask yourself to what end. She was not going to get better, she was not actually responsive the way people wanted her to be, all that was settled during the autopsy and all that was left was wishful thinking. I also don't think slandering her husband does your cause any good, he did what he was supposed to do as her husband and made the call dispite the the insistance of outsiders that he not be allowed to. I don't want the courts making my medical decisions or having it open to public debate and that's what Obama is getting at and it has NOTHING to do with him wanting to kill people no matter how you try to spin it. He just recognizes that people will die.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being allowed to die is pretty basic. Yes, I'm sure she would have "lived" for awhile yet with around the clock 24/7 support but you need to ask yourself to what end. She was not going to get better, she was not actually responsive the way people wanted her to be, all that was settled during the autopsy and all that was left was wishful thinking. I also don't think slandering her husband does your cause any good, he did what he was supposed to do as her husband and made the call dispite the the insistance of outsiders that he not be allowed to. I don't want the courts making my medical decisions or having it open to public debate and that's what Obama is getting at and it has NOTHING to do with him wanting to kill people no matter how you try to spin it. He just recognizes that people will die.
To kill a human being so unmercifully, by denying water and food, and even forbidding the companionship of those who loved her, is vile, wicked, evil, and demonic.
When God nuked Sodom and Gommora and the cities of the plain -without warning- they were behaving the very dame way those who kill the poor and needy are behaving today, in this land.
http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/18.htm
http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/19.htm

Book of Jasher:
Chapter 18
  1. In those days all the people of Sodom and Gomorrah, and of the whole five cities, were exceedingly wicked and sinful against the Lord and they provoked the Lord with their abominations, and they strengthened in aging abominably and scornfully before the Lord, and their wickedness and crimes were in those days great before the Lord.
  2. And they had in their land a very extensive valley, about half a day's walk, and in it there were fountains of water and a great deal of herbage surrounding the water.
  3. And all the people of Sodom and Gomorrah went there four times in the year, with their wives and children and all belonging to them, and they rejoiced there with timbrels and dances.
  4. And in the time of rejoicing they would all rise and lay hold of their neighbor's wives, and some, the virgin daughters of their neighbors, and they enjoyed them, and each man saw his wife and daughter in the hands of his neighbor and did not say a word.
  5. And they did so from morning to night, and they afterward returned home each man to his house and each woman to her tent; so they always did four times in the year.
  6. Also when a stranger came into their cities and brought goods which he had purchased with a view to dispose of there, the people of these cities would assemble, men, women and children, young and old, and go to the man and take his goods by force, giving a little to each man until there was an end to all the goods of the owner which he had brought into the land.
  7. And if the owner of the goods quarreled with them, saying, What is this work which you have done to me, then they would approach to him one by one, and each would show him the little which he took and taunt him, saying, I only took that little which thou didst give me; and when he heard this from them all, he would arise and go from them in sorrow and bitterness of soul, when they would all arise and go after him, and drive him out of the city with great noise and tumult.
  8. And there was a man from the country of Elam who was leisurely going on the road, seated upon his ass, which carried a fine mantle of divers colors, and the mantle was bound with a cord upon the ass.
  9. And the man was on his journey passing through the street of Sodom when the sun set in the evening, and he remained there in order to abide during the night, but no one would let him into his house; and at that time there was in Sodom a wicked and mischievous man, one skillful to do evil, and his name was Hedad.
  10. And he lifted up his eyes and saw the traveler in the street of the city, and he came to him and said, Whence comest thou and whither dost thou go?
  11. And the man said to him, I am traveling from Hebron to Elam where I belong, and as I passed the sun set and no one would suffer me to enter his house, though I had bread and water and also straw and provender for my ass, and am short of nothing.
  12. And Hedad answered and said to him, All that thou shalt want shall be supplied by me, but in the street thou shalt not abide all night.
  13. And Hedad brought him to his house, and he took off the mantle from the ass with the cord, and brought them to his house, and he gave the ass straw and provender whilst the traveler ate and drank in Hedad's house, and he abode there that night.
  14. And in the morning the traveler rose up early to continue his journey, when Hedad said to him, Wait, comfort thy heart with a morsel of bread and then go, and the man did so; and he remained with him, and they both ate and drank together during the day, when the man rose up to go.
  15. And Hedad said to him, Behold now the day is declining, thou hadst better remain all night that thy heart may be comforted; and he pressed him so that he tarried there all night, and on the second day he rose up early to go away, when Hedad pressed him, saying, Comfort thy heart with a morsel of bread and then go, and he remained and ate with him also the second day, and then the man rose up to continue his journey.
  16. And Hedad said to him, Behold now the day is declining, remain with me to comfort thy heart and in the morning rise up early and go thy way.
  17. And the man would not remain, but rose and saddled his ass, and whilst he was saddling his ass the wife of Hedad said to her husband, Behold this man has remained with us for two days eating and drinking and he has given us nothing, and now shall he go away from us without giving anything? and Hedad said to her, Be silent.
  18. And the man saddled his ass to go, and he asked Hedad to give him the cord and mantle to tie it upon the ass.
  19. And Hedad said to him, What sayest thou? And he said to him, That thou my lord shalt give me the cord and the mantle made with divers colors which thou didst conceal with thee in thy house to take care of it.
  20. And Hedad answered the man, saying, This is the interpretation of thy dream, the cord which thou didst see, means that thy life will be lengthened out like a cord, and having seen the mantle colored with all sorts of colors, means that thou shalt have a vineyard in which thou wilt plant trees of all fruits.
  21. And the traveler answered, saying, Not so my lord, for I was awake when I gave thee the cord and also a mantle woven with different colors, which thou didst take off the ass to put them by for me; and Hedad answered and said, Surely I have told thee the interpretation of thy dream and it is a good dream, and this is the interpretation thereof.
  22. Now the sons of men give me four pieces of silver, which is my charge for interpreting dreams, and of thee only I require three pieces of silver.
  23. And the man was provoked at the words of Hedad, and he cried bitterly, and he brought Hedad to Serak judge of Sodom.
  24. And the man laid his cause before Serak the judge, when Hedad replied, saying, It is not so, but thus the matter stands; and the judge said to the traveler, This man Hedad telleth thee truth, for he is famed in the cities for the accurate interpretation of dreams.
  25. And the man cried at the word of the judge, and he said, Not so my Lord, for it was in the day that I gave him the cord and mantle which was upon the ass, in order to put them by in his house; and they both disputed before the judge, the one saying, Thus the matter was, and the other declaring otherwise.
  26. And Hedad said to the man, Give me four pieces of silver that I charge for my interpretations of dreams; I will not make any allowance; and give me the expense of the four meals that thou didst eat in my house.
  27. And the man said to Hedad, Truly I will pay thee for what I ate in thy house, only give me the cord and mantle which thou didst conceal in thy house.
  28. And Hedad replied before the judge and said to the man, Did I not tell thee the interpretation of thy dream? the cord means that thy days shall be prolonged like a cord, and the mantle, that thou wilt have a vineyard in which thou wilt plant all kinds of fruit trees.
  29. This is the proper interpretation of thy dream, now give me the four pieces of silver that I require as a compensation, for I will make thee no allowance.
  30. And the man cried at the words of Hedad and they both quarreled before the judge, and the judge gave orders to his servants, who drove them rashly from the house.
  31. And they went away quarreling from the judge, when the people of Sodom heard them, and they gathered about them and they exclaimed against the stranger, and they drove him rashly from the city.
  32. And the man continued his journey upon his ass with bitterness of soul, lamenting and weeping.
  33. And whilst he was going along he wept at what had happened to him in the corrupt city of Sodom.
-continued

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wicked Sodom and Gomorra got nuked without warning for their treatment of the poor and needy, for one reason. this continues the story from the Book of Jasher, about those wicked cities and the warnings for all who behave as they did. Terri Schivo is only one person who has been so wickedly treated by evil persons in this land, with the law on the side of the wicked -just as the law was on the side of the wicked in Sodom and gomorra and the cities of the plain. Her cries -and all the cries of the slain innocents- ascend to heaven, and God will avenge.

Jasher Chapter 19
  1. And the cities of Sodom had four judges to four cities, and these were their names, Serak in the city of Sodom, Sharkad in Gomorrah, Zabnac in Admah, and Menon in Zeboyim.
  2. And Eliezer Abraham's servant applied to them different names, and he converted Serak to Shakra, Sharkad to Shakrura, Zebnac to Kezobim, and Menon to Matzlodin.
  3. And by desire of their four judges the people of Sodom and Gomorrah had beds erected in the streets of the cities, and if a man came to these places they laid hold of him and brought him to one of their beds, and by force made him to lie in them.
  4. And as he lay down, three men would stand at his head and three at his feet, and measure him by the length of the bed, and if the man was less than the bed these six men would stretch him at each end, and when he cried out to them they would not answer him.
  5. And if he was longer than the bed they would draw together the two sides of the bed at each end, until the man had reached the gates of death.
  6. And if he continued to cry out to them, they would answer him, saying, Thus shall it be done to a man that cometh into our land.
  7. And when men heard all these things that the people of the cities of Sodom did, they refrained from coming there.
  8. And when a poor man came to their land they would give him silver and gold, and cause a proclamation in the whole city not to give him a morsel of bread to eat, and if the stranger should remain there some days, and die from hunger, not having been able to obtain a morsel of bread, then at his death all the people of the city would come and take their silver and gold which they had given to him.
  9. And those that could recognize the silver or gold which they had given him took it back, and at his death they also stripped him of his garments, and they would fight about them, and he that prevailed over his neighbor took them.
  10. They would after that carry him and bury him under some of the shrubs in the deserts; so they did all the days to any one that came to them and died in their land.
  11. And in the course of time Sarah sent Eliezer to Sodom, to see Lot and inquire after his welfare.
  12. And Eliezer went to Sodom, and he met a man of Sodom fighting with a stranger, and the man of Sodom stripped the poor man of all his clothes and went away.
  13. And this poor man cried to Eliezer and supplicated his favor on account of what the man of Sodom had done to him.
  14. And he said to him, Why dost thou act thus to the poor man who came to thy land?
  15. And the man of Sodom answered Eliezer, saying, Is this man thy brother, or have the people of Sodom made thee a judge this day, that thou speakest about this man?
  16. And Eliezer strove with the man of Sodom on account of the poor man, and when Eliezer approached to recover the poor man's clothes from the man of Sodom, he hastened and with a stone smote Eliezer in the forehead.
  17. And the blood flowed copiously from Eliezer's forehead, and when the man saw the blood he caught hold of Eliezer, saying, Give me my hire for having rid thee of this bad blood that was in thy forehead, for such is the custom and the law in our land.
  18. And Eliezer said to him, Thou hast wounded me and requirest me to pay thee thy hire; and Eliezer would not hearken to the words of the man of Sodom.
  19. And the man laid hold of Eliezer and brought him to Shakra the judge of Sodom for judgment.
  20. And the man spoke to the judge, saying, I beseech thee my lord, thus has this man done, for I smote him with a stone that the blood flowed from his forehead, and he is unwilling to give me my hire.
  21. And the judge said to Eliezer, This man speaketh truth to thee, give him his hire, for this is the custom in our land; and Eliezer heard the words of the judge, and he lifted up a stone and smote the judge, and the stone struck on his forehead, and the blood flowed copiously from the forehead of the judge, and Eliezer said, If this then is the custom in your land give thou unto this man what I should have given him, for this has been thy decision, thou didst decree it.
  22. And Eliezer left the man of Sodom with the judge, and he went away.
  23. And when the kings of Elam had made war with the kings of Sodom, the kings of Elam captured all the property of Sodom, and they took Lot captive, with his property, and when it was told to Abraham he went and made war with the kings of Elam, and he recovered from their hands all the property of Lot as well as the property of Sodom.
  24. At that time the wife of Lot bare him a daughter, and he called her name Paltith, saying, Because God had delivered him and his whole household from the kings of Elam; and Paltith daughter of Lot grew up, and one of the men of Sodom took her for a wife.
  25. And a poor man came into the city to seek a maintenance, and he remained in the city some days, and all the people of Sodom caused a proclamation of their custom not to give this man a morsel of bread to eat, until he dropped dead upon the earth, and they did so.
  26. And Paltith the daughter of Lot saw this man lying in the streets starved with hunger, and no one would give him any thing to keep him alive, and he was just upon the point of death.
  27. And her soul was filled with pity on account of the man, and she fed him secretly with bread for many days, and the soul of this man was revived.
  28. For when she went forth to fetch water she would put the bread in the water pitcher, and when she came to the place where the poor man was, she took the bread from the pitcher and gave it him to eat; so she did many days.
  29. And all the people of Sodom and Gomorrah wondered how this man could bear starvation for so many days.
  30. And they said to each other, This can only be that he eats and drinks, for no man can bear starvation for so many days or live as this man has, without even his countenance changing; and three men concealed themselves in a place where the poor man was stationed, to know who it was that brought him bread to eat.
  31. And Paltith daughter of Lot went forth that day to fetch water, and she put bread into her pitcher of water, and she went to draw water by the poor man's place, and she took out the bread from the pitcher and gave it to the poor man and he ate it.
  32. And the three men saw what Paltith did to the poor man, and they said to her, It is thou then who hast supported him, and therefore has he not starved, nor changed in appearance nor died like the rest.
  33. And the three men went out of the place in which they were concealed, and they seized Paltith and the bread which was in the poor man's hand.
  34. And they took Paltith and brought her before their judges, and they said to them, Thus did she do, and it is she who supplied the poor man with bread, therefore did he not die all this time; now therefore declare to us the punishment due to this woman for having transgressed our law.
  35. And the people of Sodom and Gomorrah assembled and kindled a fire in the street of the city, and they took the woman and cast her into the fire and she was burned to ashes.
  36. And in the city of Admah there was a woman to whom they did the like.
  37. For a traveler came into the city of Admah to abide there all night, with the intention of going home in the morning, and he sat opposite the door of the house of the young woman's father, to remain there, as the sun had set when be had reached that place; and the young woman saw him sitting by the door of the house.
  38. And he asked her for a drink of water and she said to him, Who art thou? and he said to her, I was this day going on the road, and reached here when the sun set, so I will abide here all night, and in the morning I will arise early and continue my journey.
  39. And the young woman went into the house and fetched the man bread and water to eat and drink.
  40. And this affair became known to the people of Admah, and they assembled and brought the young woman before the judges, that they should judge her for this act.
  41. And the judge said, The judgment of death must pass upon this woman because she transgressed our law, and this therefore is the decision concerning her.
  42. And the people of those cities assembled and brought out the young woman, and anointed her with honey from head to foot, as the judge had decreed, and they placed her before a swarm of bees which were then in their hives, and the bees flew upon her and stung her that her whole body was swelled.
  43. And the young woman cried out on account of the bees, but no one took notice of her or pitied her, and her cries ascended to heaven.
  44. And the Lord was provoked at this and at all the works of the cities of Sodom, for they had abundance of food, and had tranquility amongst them, and still would not sustain the poor and the needy, and in those days their evil doings and sins became great before the Lord.
  45. And the Lord sent for two of the angels that had come to Abraham's house, to destroy Sodom and its cities.
  46. And the angels rose up from the door of Abraham's tent, after they had eaten and drunk, and they reached Sodom in the evening, and Lot was then sitting in the gate of Sodom, and when he saw them he rose to meet them, and he bowed down to the ground.
  47. And he pressed them greatly and brought them into his house, and he gave them victuals which they ate, and they abode all night in his house.
  48. And the angels said to Lot, Arise, go forth from this place, thou and all belonging to thee, lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of this city, for the Lord will destroy this place.
  49. And the angels laid hold upon the hand of Lot and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hands of his children, and all belonging to him, and they brought him forth and set him without the cities.
  50. And they said to Lot, Escape for thy life, and he fled and all belonging to him.
  51. Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah and upon all these cities brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven.

Upvote 0

Electric Skeptic

Senior Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
✟3,152.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
To kill a human being so unmercifully, by denying water and food, and even forbidding the companionship of those who loved her, is vile, wicked, evil, and demonic.
When God nuked Sodom and Gommora and the cities of the plain -without warning- they were behaving the very dame way those who kill the poor and needy are behaving today, in this land.
http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/18.htm
http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/19.htm
Except Terri Schiavo wasn't killed; she was allowed to die. And 'mercy' or companionship wasn't a consideration. There was nothing left of her to need mercy or companionship. Everything that made her Terri Schiavo had already died.

It is not in any way comparable to Sodom and Gommorah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I have lived in Amish communities in Tenessee and Missouri.

Then you should know that Amish are not exempt from paying income taxes, and must list their dependents when they file their tax forms.

My Dad did not get a birth certificate until many years after his Birth and this was only because he wanted to go to school.

He was raised on a farm in Tennessee who still had descendents of slaves stayed on after being freed who lived and worked on the farm for room and board.

Carey, we’re not talking about standards of identification 50 years ago, but what is required today. In your earlier post, you state that the Amish are (present tense) born at home and that there is (present tense) no record of many of their existence. You said it would be easy for the Amish to go into the wilderness completely unnoticed by “modern record” (key word being “modern”) There is no question that in times past many people didn’t have birth certificates or other forms of identification. But today, all doctors and midwives are required to record the birth of every child they deliver, and it doesn’t matter if it’s an Amish child or not.

If you had said many people did not get birth certificates in the Amish community 50 years ago I would have agreed with you, but you specifically prefaced your argument by appealing to the “modern record” and the present tense. That’s what I take issue with; your claim that the Amish presently do not get birth certificates. Even if the baby does not have a personal copy, the child’s birth would still be filed with the county in which they were born.

So where is you're evidence that, presently, the Amish do not get birth certificates? I don’t believe you have any.

One study estimated that one-fifth of African-Americans born in the 1939-40 period lacked a birth certificate. Lack of birth certificates also is a problem among some Native American citizens.

http://www.cbpp.org/11-9-05health.htm

Again, you’re talking about the distant past (African Americans born between1939-1940), while your earlier claims about the Amish were clearly referring to the present. Notice that the article you listed even mentions that “many people, particularly low-income people” had birth certificates in their possession at some point, and copies are available in the counties they were born in. That means their information is on file, whether they have a certificate in their possession or not.

So to wrap this up; there are plenty of records available on the Amish. You can continue to focus on birth certificates if you like, but I only used birth certificates as one example. The Amish could not vanish into the wilderness unnoticed by modern record. That’s absurd.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Christians voting for Obama...how and what the.... ??

Dear Family and Friends,
> This is to me is frightening
news
> if
> it is correct and I have no reason to not believe it . If true we
are
> going to see New Age beliefs get front page treatment by Oprah and
the
> links
> to Robert Schuller are very clear as well and since he has
influenced so
> many leading Christian writers today what does this mean to the
church at
> large .
> I think we need to really
pray
> against this and trust the Christians around the world will not
swallow
> this
> rubbish as it is all the way to the antichrist dogma of putting
Jesus
> Christ
> down as being just another man not the resurrected Son of God ,so
please
> keep praying for the protection of the true Church , blessings
,Greg.
> PS This reminds me very much to heed the warnings Jesus gave us in
Matt 24
> about false prophets , there are 3 warnings in this one chapter so
how
> important was it to Jesus to warn us and how close are we to His
return ??
>
>> "Oprah and Friends" to teach a course on New Age Christ
>>
>> This is very discouraging news to hear about one who
has such
>> tremendous influence on the general public. Please ask God to show
Oprah
>> the
>> real Jesus Christ.
>>
>> Subject: Oprah joins false prophets the Bible warned
about.
>> Read all about it on the following link
>>
>>
http://www..crossroad.to/articles2/007/smith-oprah.htm
>>
>> "Oprah and Friends" to teach course on New Age Christ
>>
>> Jesus Christ being reinvented, redefined, and blasphemed
and,
>> this false New- Age Christ teaching is about to make huge inroads
into
>> the
>> world, with the help of the queen of television talk shows, Oprah
>> Winfrey.
>>
>> Oprah Winfrey, beginning January 1, 2008, on her daily
radio
>> program will offer a year-long course on the New Age Christ , in a
lesson
>> a
>> day and completely cover the 365 lessons from the Course in
Miracles
>> "Workbook."
>>
>> Listeners will be encouraged to buy A Course in Miracles
for
>> the
>> year-long course, and an audio version, recited by Richard (John
Boy
>> Walton) Thomas will be available on compact disc.
>>
>> Those who finish the Course will have a wholly redefined
>> spiritual mindset-a New Age worldview that include the beliefs that
there
>> is
>> no sin, no evil, no devil. A Course in Miracles teaches its
students to
>> rethink everything they believe about God and life, and, bluntly
>> states: "This is a course in mind training" and is
dedicated
>> to
>> "thought reversal."
>>
>> The Course in Miracles -in reality-is the truth of the
Bible
>> turned upside down.
>>
>> Oprah told her television audience that Williamson's
book, A
>> Course in Miracles was one of her favorite books, and that she had
>> already
>> bought a thousand copies and would be handing them out to everyone
in her
>> studio audience. Oprah's endorsement skyrocketed Williamson's book
to the
>> top of the New York Times bestseller list .
>>
>> A Course in Miracles is allegedly a "new revelation"
from
>> "Jesus" to help humanity work through these troubled times. This
>> "Jesus"-who
>> bears no doctrinal resemblance to the Bible's Jesus Christ-began
>> delivering
>> channeled teachings in 1965 to a Columbia University Professor of
Medical
>> Psychology, Helen Schucman.
>>
>> One day Schucman heard an "inner voice" stating, "This
is a
>> course in miracles. Please take notes." For seven years she
diligently
>> took
>> spiritual dictation from this voice that described himself as
"Jesus."
>>
>> Here are some quotes from the "Jesus" voice of A Course
in
>> Miracles :
>>
>> * "There is no sin . . . "
>>
>> * A "slain Christ has no meaning."
>>
>> * "The journey to the cross should be the last ' useless
>> journey."
>>
>> * "Do not make the pathetic error of 'clinging to the
old
>> rugged
>> cross.'"
>>
>> * "The Name of Jesus Christ as such is but a symbol...
It is a
>> symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many names of
all the
>> gods to which you pray."
>>
>> * "The recognition of God is the recognition of
yourself."
>>
>> * "The Atonement is the final lesson he [man] need
learn, for
>> it
>> teaches him that, never having sinned, he has no need of
salvation."
>>
>> Popular author Wayne Dyer told his PBS television
audience
>> that
>> the "brilliant writing" of A Course in Miracles would produce more
peace
>> in
>> the world ..
>>
>> The Course in Miracles-based book, Forgiveness,
continues to
>> be
>> sold in Robert Schuller's Crystal Cathedral bookstore as Schuller
>> prepares
>> to host a January 17-19, 2008, "Rethink Conference" at his Crystal
>> Cathedral.
>>
>> 2 Timothy 3:1-5
>>
>> 1. But mark this: There will be terrible times in the
last
>> days.
>>
>> 2. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of
money,
>> boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful,
>> unholy,
>>
>> 3. without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without
>> self-control,
>> brutal, not lovers of the good,
>>
>> 4. treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure
rather
>> than
>> lovers of God-
>>
>> 5. having a form of godliness but denying its power.
Have
>> nothing to do with them.
>>
>> It's not surprising at all that Oprah Winfrey is
supporting
>> Barak Obama!!!
>>
>> Christians.....Take heed!!
>>

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Carey, if you're going to post spam could you at least clean it up to make it easier to read? :sorry:
Also, could I point out the first sentence?
Dear Family and Friends,
This is to me is frightening news if it is correct and I have no reason to not believe it .
if they don't know it's true why put it up in the first place? :scratch:
Secondly: what does any of this have to do Obama?
tulc(voting Obama in 08) :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.