Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Henceforth is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give to me at that day: and not to me only, but to all them that love His appearing. (2 Timothy 4:8)

Should we not all aspire to be amoung those who love his appearing and does that not also mean that we should not fear what will come upon the earth as we approach the day of Him coming? I believe that we are living in the era of end times prophecies and our hope should be a heavenly one, instead of an earthly one.

How long before the rapture and the Lord comes to take His bride? Maybe not that long? How many of us want to be amoungst those who are the bride of our Lord Jesus Christ and will we be those who love His appearing? If so, what does this mean to us, as we await Him coming for his bride?

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Henceforth is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give to me at that day: and not to me only, but to all them that love His appearing. (2 Timothy 4:8)

Should we not all aspire to be amoung those who love his appearing and does that not also mean that we should not fear what will come upon the earth as we approach the day of Him coming? I believe that we are living in the era of end times prophecies and our hope should be a heavenly one, instead of an earthly one.

How long before the rapture and the Lord comes to take His bride? Maybe not that long? How many of us want to be amoungst those who are the bride of our Lord Jesus Christ and will we be those who love His appearing? If so, what does this mean to us, as we await Him coming for his bride?
The born again are those who love his appearing at his coming.

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, this is it! How powerful is that? Being born again of his spirit is the answer to all our problems. It is not our strengths, or our natural abilities, which will convince those round us that God exists, but what they realise can only be that which comes from the God which they too need in their lives to deliver them from a lost eternity. We don't have the words of eternal life, but He does!

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Those who look forward to His appearing is speaking of the faithful in Christ...all believers. Though the end times will be evil days, we hold our heads up for we know that when Christ appears our redemption is drawing near! (Luke 21:28)

Upvote 0

Acts29

Oct 24, 2021
Tennessee
✟23,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The answer to your title question is contained in Habakkuk 3:4 below.

Should we not all aspire to be amoung those who love his appearing and does that not also mean that we should not fear what will come upon the earth as we approach the day of Him coming?

Absolutely!

I believe that we are living in the era of end times prophecies and our hope should be a heavenly one, instead of an earthly one.

Matthew 6:19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Our hope is a heavenly one indeed. Until then we must lay up treasures in heaven by doing the work of the kingdom He told us to do.

Isaiah 53: O Yehovah, who has believed our report? And to whom has the Arm of Yehovah been revealed?
Habakkuk 3:2 O Lord, I have heard your report, and was afraid: I considered your works, and was amazed: You shall be known between the two living creatures, You shall be acknowledged when the years draw near; You shall be manifested when the time is come ... 3 God shall come from the south, and the Holy One from the dark shady mount Paran. Pause. 4 His excellence covered the heavens, and the earth was full of His praise. And His brightness shall be as light; there were horns in His hands, and He caused a mighty love of His strength. 5 Before His face shall go a report, and it shall go forth into the plains [<Elijah], 6 the earth stood at its feet and trembled: He beheld, and the nations melted away: the mountains were violently burst through, the everlasting hills melted at His everlasting going forth. ... 8 Were You angry, O Yehovah, with the rivers? Or was Your wrath against the rivers, or Your anger against the sea? For You will mount on Your horses, and Your chariots are salvation. ...13 You went forth for the salvation of your people, to save with Your Messiah: .... 15 And You do cause Your horses to enter the sea, disturbing much water.
Luke 21:25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.

Upvote 0