• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

WHO ARE THOSE "IN CHRIST "

Discussion in 'Dispensationalism' started by Dan Perez, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Dan Perez

Dan Perez New Member

+19
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    In Rom 16:7 reads Greet Andronicus and Junias my fellowmen and fellow prisoners , who are illustrious among the apostles , WHO ALSO HAVE BECOME " in Christ " before me !!

In Paul's letters we find :

#1 in Christ Jesus ---47 times

#2 in the Lord ----41 times

#3 , in Christ ----31 times

#4 in HIM-----20 TIMES

#5 in the Lord Jesus ----6 times

#6 in WHOM----6 times

#7 in Jesus ---1 time

#8 in Himself ---2 m times

#9 in the Beloved One ---1 time \\

There are 49 Pactical applicatio of being in Christ

There are also 62 Doctrinal application of being in Christ

So lets all examine what it means to be ( in Christ ) and How can anyone be in Christ before Paul as Paul is the only one who seems write about BEING " in Christ "

dan p

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+3,572
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    To be in christ is to be baptized i to his name. Those apostles before him were the orinal 12, or 11, however you want to count.

3. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+1,282
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Those who have accepted the sacrifice of Christ on their behalf, thereby over time though Him change how they think and what they do, abiding in His ways.

4. Ttalkkugjil

Ttalkkugjil Spiritual Director

+763
    Korea, Republic Of
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    There's no Romans 17:7. The book of Romans contains 16 chapters.

Andronicus and Junias (Romans 16:7) were two men who'd been in Christ before Paul - that's to say, two men who'd been converted in the Church's early days, before Christ had called Paul as his grace's instrument.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  5. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,719
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Paul says "we who first trusted in Christ", in Ephesians 1:12. Also, He says >

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him." (1 Corinthians 6:17)

And in Acts 26:18 Jesus says He will use Paul to turn the Gentiles "from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me."

6. ewq1938

ewq1938 Chewbacca kree! Supporter

+3,772
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    It originated from Christ not Paul:

Joh_15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

7. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,719
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    And in His Sermon on the Mount, Jesus starts right off with how to be > including >

poor in spirit

meek

merciful

pure in heart

> how Jesus is.

8. Dr. Jack

Dr. Jack Member

+21
    United States
    Baptist
    Private
    There is a part of me that doesn't want to participate in this thread because there seems to be a lack of understanding what being in Christ is about, and the fact that it isn't just a NT teaching.

Simple version: Being in Christ is being placed by God into the Person of Christ for The provision He gives us. We are in His care.

By faith in the Person of Christ Abraham left his native land to travel to a promised land, which he knew not of. Abraham looked forward to the cross, while we look back at the cross.

Being "in Christ" speaks of redemption, and every other provision which Christ does for us.

9. Dan Perez

Dan Perez New Member

+19
    United States
    Christian
    Married

And in Rom 16:7 greet Andronicus and Junias , my fellow countrymen and my fellow prisoners , who are ILLUSTRIOUS AMONG THE APOSTLES ( SO WHO ARE THESE APOSTLES ) who also have become " in Christ " before me !!

Paul lists all those who were ( in Christ ) before me in verses 7-15 !!

Notice verse 13 , Greet Rufus the chosen in ( the Greek word THE not in the Greek text ) LORD , and his mother and MINE ( MINE IS A REFERENCE TO PAUL'S MOTHER ) !!

The only way to be " on Christ " is to be PLACED into one BODY as written in 1 Cor 12:13 !!

There is a big difference between being " in Christ " Redemptively and being " in the Body of Christ ".

dan p

10. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats God Seeker

+92
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    The OT does not mention Abraham trusting Jesus. He trusted the Father because Jesus was not born yet. How could Abraham know anything about the cross then?

11. Dan Perez

Dan Perez New Member

+19
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Hi and I have only seen to 2 booklets written about " in Christ " and may be found on the internet , and one is written by Robert C Brock and I have it !!

In his booklet he catalogs 49 instances of an Practical Application and 62 instances of a Doctrinal application of what it means to be " in Christ ".

dan p