Arcadia
✟196,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Rom 16:7 reads Greet Andronicus and Junias my fellowmen and fellow prisoners , who are illustrious among the apostles , WHO ALSO HAVE BECOME " in Christ " before me !!

In Paul's letters we find :

#1 in Christ Jesus ---47 times

#2 in the Lord ----41 times

#3 , in Christ ----31 times

#4 in HIM-----20 TIMES

#5 in the Lord Jesus ----6 times

#6 in WHOM----6 times

#7 in Jesus ---1 time

#8 in Himself ---2 m times

#9 in the Beloved One ---1 time \\

There are 49 Pactical applicatio of being in Christ

There are also 62 Doctrinal application of being in Christ

So lets all examine what it means to be ( in Christ ) and How can anyone be in Christ before Paul as Paul is the only one who seems write about BEING " in Christ "

dan p

Last edited:

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In Rom 17:7 reads Greet Andronicus and Junias my fellowmen and fellow prisoners , who are illustrious among the apostles , WHO ALSO HAVE BECOME " in Christ " before me !!

In Paul's letters we find :

#1 in Christ Jesus ---47 times

#2 in the Lord ----41 times

#3 , in Christ ----31 times

#4 in HIM-----20 TIMES

#5 in the Lord Jesus ----6 times

#6 in WHOM----6 times

#7 in Jesus ---1 time

#8 in Himself ---2 m times

#9 in the Beloved One ---1 time \\

There are 49 Pactical applicatio of being in Christ

There are also 62 Doctrinal application of being in Christ

So lets all examine what it means to be ( in Christ ) and How can anyone be in Christ before Paul as Paul is the only one who seems write about BEING " in Christ "

dan p

To be in christ is to be baptized i to his name. Those apostles before him were the orinal 12, or 11, however you want to count.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
In Rom 17:7 reads Greet Andronicus and Junias my fellowmen and fellow prisoners , who are illustrious among the apostles , WHO ALSO HAVE BECOME " in Christ " before me !!

There's no Romans 17:7. The book of Romans contains 16 chapters.

Andronicus and Junias (Romans 16:7) were two men who'd been in Christ before Paul - that's to say, two men who'd been converted in the Church's early days, before Christ had called Paul as his grace's instrument.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul says "we who first trusted in Christ", in Ephesians 1:12. Also, He says >

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him." (1 Corinthians 6:17)

And in Acts 26:18 Jesus says He will use Paul to turn the Gentiles "from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me."

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
and How can anyone be in Christ before Paul as Paul is the only one who seems write about BEING " in Christ "

It originated from Christ not Paul:

Joh_15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

• Winner
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It originated from Christ not Paul:

Joh_15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
And in His Sermon on the Mount, Jesus starts right off with how to be > including >

poor in spirit

meek

merciful

pure in heart

> how Jesus is.

Upvote 0

Dr. Jack

Mar 9, 2019
Pennsylvania
✟26,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
There is a part of me that doesn't want to participate in this thread because there seems to be a lack of understanding what being in Christ is about, and the fact that it isn't just a NT teaching.

Simple version: Being in Christ is being placed by God into the Person of Christ for The provision He gives us. We are in His care.

By faith in the Person of Christ Abraham left his native land to travel to a promised land, which he knew not of. Abraham looked forward to the cross, while we look back at the cross.

Being "in Christ" speaks of redemption, and every other provision which Christ does for us.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a part of me that doesn't want to participate in this thread because there seems to be a lack of understanding what being in Christ is about, and the fact that it isn't just a NT teaching.

Simple version: Being in Christ is being placed by God into the Person of Christ for The provision He gives us. We are in His care.

By faith in the Person of Christ Abraham left his native land to travel to a promised land, which he knew not of. Abraham looked forward to the cross, while we look back at the cross.

Being "in Christ" speaks of redemption, and every other provision which Christ does for us.

And in Rom 16:7 greet Andronicus and Junias , my fellow countrymen and my fellow prisoners , who are ILLUSTRIOUS AMONG THE APOSTLES ( SO WHO ARE THESE APOSTLES ) who also have become " in Christ " before me !!

Paul lists all those who were ( in Christ ) before me in verses 7-15 !!

Notice verse 13 , Greet Rufus the chosen in ( the Greek word THE not in the Greek text ) LORD , and his mother and MINE ( MINE IS A REFERENCE TO PAUL'S MOTHER ) !!

The only way to be " on Christ " is to be PLACED into one BODY as written in 1 Cor 12:13 !!

There is a big difference between being " in Christ " Redemptively and being " in the Body of Christ ".

dan p

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

The OT does not mention Abraham trusting Jesus. He trusted the Father because Jesus was not born yet. How could Abraham know anything about the cross then?

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi and I have only seen to 2 booklets written about " in Christ " and may be found on the internet , and one is written by Robert C Brock and I have it !!

In his booklet he catalogs 49 instances of an Practical Application and 62 instances of a Doctrinal application of what it means to be " in Christ ".

dan p

Upvote 0