who are the seminary educated wof scholars?

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You want a list of 45,000 people?

I think the difficulty you are having is the attempt you are trying to make to match some type of Denominational Theological Seminary.

If you are sincerely interested in the level of teaching - check out

"Foundations of Pentecostal Theology" -
Foundations of Pentecostal Theology by Guy P. Duffield and Nathaniel M. Van Cleave is indeed a matchless approach to studying and understanding Biblical theology. These authors take a courageous stand on the fundamental doctrines on Pentecostalism and prayerfully present the truth of God and Salvation in a unique way. Each doctrine is carefully explained and the doctrines of Divine Healing, Baptism with the Holy Ghost (Spirit), and Spiritual Gifts in made clearer to the reader. It is truly an indispensable aid to enriching your spiritual knowledge and faith. This book is highly recommended.​

Only the best 10-20 who are in academic peer reviewed Bible related journals with links to their academic pages. You don't have to make the list all by yourself, just start it.

I opened your link to look at it.

Thanks,
Daniel

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Word of Faith is not a Denomination:

There is none of what you are asking for -

As for the level of education, that varies. Some have little, some hold Masters and above from different Universities. Some are very effective ministers, reaching millions - some reach their little church. Both are part of the Body of Christ.

So, which has Master's Degree's and where are they published on a higher academic level? That would make a good start to the list.

Thanks,
Daniel

PS Foundations of Pentecostal Theology is not available in Michigan Libraries, which I am limited to.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
White then attended National Bible College and Seminary in Fort Washington, Maryland. Although she did not graduate from the school, she was ordained by the school’s founder, Pentecostal preacher and evangelist T. L. Lowery. 9 Things You Should Know About Prosperity Gospel Preacher Paula White

Paula White is not Word of Faith. Plain and simple.

Only the best 10-20 who are in academic peer reviewed Bible related journals with links to their academic pages. You don't have to make the list all by yourself, just start it.

I opened your link to look at it.

Thanks,
Daniel

Being that the Word of Faith is NOT a denomination - there is no such thing as academic peer review, nor Bible related journals.

I am not aware of any such lists for Assemblies of God, Calvary Chapel, or Church Foursquare either. So, I am not sure what the point is for asking for all this information. There are plenty of online videos where you can listen to just about anyone and come to your own conclusions.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Paula White is not Word of Faith. Plain and simple.

Being that the Word of Faith is NOT a denomination - there is no such thing as academic peer review, nor Bible related journals.

I am not aware of any such lists for Assemblies of God, Calvary Chapel, or Church Foursquare either. So, I am not sure what the point is for asking for all this information. There are plenty of online videos where you can listen to just about anyone and come to your own conclusions.

You are just making an excuse not to name WOF scholars with a master's in theology degrees who have written in well known Biblical Journals.

Off the top of my head Gordon Fee comes to mind for AOG.
https://www.theopedia.com/gordon-d-fee

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are just making an excuse not to name WOF scholars with a master's in theology degrees who have written in well known Biblical Journals.

Off the top of my head Gordon Fee comes to mind for AOG.
https://www.theopedia.com/gordon-d-fee

I can't argue with what you have convinced yourself of. I can only state what I know. Why it is so important to you, I don't know, I generally judge a minister on what I hear him/her preach and teach.

Best to you in your venture, but i believe you are seeking things that just do not exist.

Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Though she rejects the label, televangelist Paula White is part of the prosperity gospel movement, which goes by many names: "Name it and claim it." "Health and wealth." "Word of faith." "Seed faith." Even just "faith." " Why televangelist Paula White is the perfect Trump administration hire

Let me understand:

Paula is not recognized by any Word of Faith group
Paula personally rejects the label,

But this online tabloid labels her one - so it must be true.

Just so that we are clear in our understanding. I don't have the ability to address such a notion because it is nonsensical.

As for the Word of Faith being part of the prosperity movement from 19 years ago (it has pretty much died out), I would encourage you to read "The Midas Touch" by Kenneth E. Hagin.

If the 'father' of the Word of Faith movement rejected the teachings of the 'Prosperity' message, how can someone intelligently connect the two?

My suggestion is to read from both sides of the issue. Not just what someone says about it, but what the authors themselves say.

I think you have also shown your true motive, which has nothing to do with the OP through the source you quoted from, which is a strongly left biased online publication.

Editorially and politically, The Week presents opinions with left wing bias and frequent negative reports on President Donald Trump, such as this: “Donald Trump is the worst presidential negotiator in history.” In general, news reporting falls within the left-center category, however, editorially they are strongly left biased.

A factual search reveals they have failed a fact check.​

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
She uses the same language and concepts as WoF. Her teachings fit WoF.

Fifteen Leading American Pentecostal Scholars.

Amos Young
Mel Robeck
Frank Macchia
Gordon Fee
Vinson Synan
Chris Thomas
Grant Wacker
Steven Land
Veli-Matti Karkkainen
Gary McGee
Stanley Burgess
Miroslav Volf
Craig Keener
Cheryl Bridges-Johns
James K. A. Smith
Stanley Horton
Rick Moore

Which of those are Wof?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then I have nothing further to discuss - seems you are convinced.

Fifteen Leading American Pentecostal Scholars.

Amos Young
Mel Robeck
Frank Macchia
Gordon Fee
Vinson Synan
Chris Thomas
Grant Wacker
Steven Land
Veli-Matti Karkkainen
Gary McGee
Stanley Burgess
Miroslav Volf
Craig Keener
Cheryl Bridges-Johns
James K. A. Smith
Stanley Horton
Rick Moore

Which of those are Wof?

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is from a peer reviewed journal,

"This article reviews five recent books from Pentecostal scholars: William K. Kay, Frank D. Macchia, James K. A. Smith, Wolfgang Vondey and Amos Yong. Each book is briefly reviewed in turn and placed within the broader context of Pentecostal and Charismatic theology. It could now be said that Pentecostal and Charismatic theology has come of age because these texts represent important contributions not only to Pentecostal and Charismatic scholarship but also to the wider Christian tradition. They are part of a much greater and exciting development in the field."
SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

Who among them are WOF?

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow! Big letters! Good Job!

I put it in big letters because you missed the question.

I really want to know which pentecostal charismatic scholars are WOF?

Why is that a problem? After all that is what I asked in the OP.

I am not out to offend you, I simply want information.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Peer-Reviewed Pentecostal Journals
Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies
Australasian Pentecostal Studies
Canadian Journal of Pentecostal-Charismatic Christianity
Cyberjournal for Pentecostal-Charismatic Research
International Journal of Pentecostal Missiology
Journal of Biblical & Pneumatological Research
Journal of Pentecostal Theology
Journal of the European Pentecostal Theological Association
PentecoStudies: An Interdisciplinary Journal for Research on the Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements
Pneuma: The Journal of the Society for Pentecostal Studies
Spiritus : ORU Journal of Theology
Library Guides: Bible Commentaries Plus: Pentecostal/Charismatic Periodicals

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Canadian Journal of Pentecostal-Charismatic Christianity published by the Canadian Pentecostal Research Network
PentecoStudies Online Journal for the Interdisciplinary Study of Pentecostalism and Charismatic Movements. Published under the auspices of GloPent since 2006.
Encounter from the website: “The Assemblies of God Theological Seminary is proud to introduce Encounter: Journal for Pentecostal Ministry, a scholarly publication intended to serve the Church of Jesus Christ by bringing transforming theological and professional insight to bear on the practice of ministry in the Pentecostal tradition.” Numerous online articles and book reviews, with additional resources promised for the future.
UBS Journal Published since 2003 by Union Biblical Seminary in Pune, India.
Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies
Australasian Pentecostal Studies from Southern Cross College in Australia
Cyberjournal for Pentecostal-Charismatic Research
Current issue of Enrichment: A Journal for Pentecostal Ministry from the Assemblies of God
Journal of Asian Mission
Journal of the European Pentecostal Theological Association Published by the European Pentecostal Theological Association.
Journal of Pentecostal Theology Abstracts from the journal are available online. From the Publisher: The Journal of Pentecostal Theology is the first academic serial to publish constructive theological research from a Pentecostal perspective on an international scholarly level.
Pentecostal and Charismatic Journals | All #ourCOG News

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Journal of Pentecostal Theology is the first academic serial to publish constructive theological research from a Pentecostal perspective on an international scholarly level. Published by Sheffield Academic Press twice annually starting in 1992, JPT is a forum that engages the international community of Pentecostal scholars in creative theological collaboration while inviting and eliciting dialogue with scholars from the wider academic community. Guest articles from and exchanges with leading scholars from outside the ranks of Pentecostalism (e.g. Jurgen Molmann, Harvey Cox, Stanley Hauerwas, and Clark Pinnock) are regularly featured, fostering the fruitful ecumenical and theological interchange that continues to expand between global Pentecostalism and the full spectrum of ecclesial and theological traditions.

https://www.researchgate.net/journal/0966-7369_Journal_of_Pentecostal_Theology

My point in posting those sources is to show that there are peer review that WOF scholars would be in.

Upvote 0