who are the seminary educated wof scholars?

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why don't you ask them on Facebook? :)

Word of Faith Seminary

It is a little bit of a rhetorical question, though. It's a little like asking for snake handling Lutherans. :)

Except for the above, historically they have preferred Bible training Centers etc. All the famous WOF "doctors" received honorary doctorates from places like Oral Roberts University etc. I'm sure there are a few young people at ORU that will fit the bill for the future.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you name a Word of Faith Seminary?

Ive known a number who hold Masters degrees and higher from ORU, Regent University and Dallas Theological.

Why it that important to you?

BTW I hold a Masters of Divinity.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can you name a Word of Faith Seminary?

Ive known a number who hold Masters degrees and higher from ORU, Regent University and Dallas Theological.

Why it that important to you?

BTW I hold a Masters of Divinity.

It is in one of the links. I do not remember its name.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
why is it an issue?

The Bible was written in various cultures and there are some cultural influences reflected in it. It was written in as we know in Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek and translated into Latin and other early languages.
Many Christians who are uneducated in those cultures and languages misinterpret it poorly from their own culture -- esp, in the USA.

Claiming that the Holy Spirit tells us what the text means really does not work because most people are passing off their human opinions as such. Those who have been educated in Seminary clearly see the errors. Also, many Christians are guilty of Exegetical Fallacies.

Diverse groups such Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, Latter Day Saint sects, Pentecostal(who are Christians), Christadelphians, New Agers, International Bible Students, Christian Science, Unity School of Christianity, Bahai, ( in the past The Peoples Temple, Rajneesh movement, Children of God, Branch Davidians, Buddhafield, Heaven's Gate, Manson Family, and many others ), Divine Science,
Applewhite,David Koresh, Unification Church, moon, Jim Jones, some Paranormal groups, Edgar C. Whisenant, Ed Dobson, Alice A. Bailey,
Armstrong, Emanuel Swedenborg, Joanna Southcott, William Miller, Christian Israelite Church, Harold Camping, Timothy Dwight IV,
Hon-Ming Chen, The Way, United Pentecostal, Oneness, Jesus Only, Church of Bible Understanding, Forever Family, local church, witness lee, Scientology, and many many more people claimed the Holy Spirit gave them Revelations or taught them.

I know this from those in my life time, encounters with them or read their primary works when available or read books about them and from online.

Why preacher fears end of world in 2020 after 'prophecies fulfilled' – Keep The Faith ® The UK's Black and multi-ethnic Christian magazine
https://digitalcommons.andrews.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1058&context=theses
Predictions and claims for the Second Coming of Christ - Wikipedia
Index of Cults and Religions | Watchman Fellowship, Inc.
List of new religious movements - Wikipedia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
http://media.sabda.org/alkitab-2/PDF Books/00072 Carson Exegetical Fallacies.pdf

https://www.tms.edu/m/msj19.1.pdf

How are people destroyed from a lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6)? | GotQuestions.org

Proverbs 1:3-8 ESV
To receive instruction in wise dealing, in righteousness, justice, and equity; to give prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the youth— Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance, to understand a proverb and a saying, the words of the wise and their riddles. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction. ...

Proverbs 1:7 ESV
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

John 16:13 was written to the Apostles, not all Christians from context.

II Peter 1

Proverbs 18:15 ESV
An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

Love God with your mind.

Many of us Christians make errors by taking verses out of context.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

Ok lets start with the simple, it was in response to why is it an issue?
Many WOF teachers are uneducated in the below. Many claim they are taught by the Holy Spirit. Many contradict sound teachings of the past which were based on Scripture study using knowledge of the cultures and languages of the Bible.

The Bible was written in various cultures and there are some cultural influences reflected in it. It was written in as we know in Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek and translated into Latin and other early languages.
Many Christians who are uneducated in those cultures and languages misinterpret it poorly from their own culture -- esp, in the USA.

Claiming that the Holy Spirit tells us what the text means really does not work because most people are passing off their human opinions as such. Those who have been educated in Seminary clearly see the errors. Also, many Christians are guilty of Exegetical Fallacies.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
summary of last part of the post, many in false religions, and in Christian Religions claims they got revelations from the Holy Spirit or were taught by the Holy Spirit.

John 16:13 in context was given to the Apostles before the NT was written, not to all Christians of all time.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many WOF teachers are uneducated in the below

You are mistaken.

There are over 40,0000 Bible School graduates in the US and internationally. We have over 250 international schools also.

Because of Government issues, we choose not to be accredited through the state. But I can assure you the education received is equivalent to a Seminary.

That said, we tend to be more focused on specific subjects and less on liberal arts subjects.

You seem to be making a very wide sweeping assumption. You are mistaken.

Also, not everyone you attaches the Name Word of Faith is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are mistaken.

There are over 40,0000 Bible School graduates in the US and internationally. We have over 250 international schools also.

Because of Government issues, we choose not to be accredited through the state. But I can assure you the education received is equivalent to a Seminary.

That said, we tend to be more focused on specific subjects and less on liberal arts subjects.

You seem to be making a very wide sweeping assumption. You are mistaken.

Also, not everyone you attaches the Name Word of Faith is.

From the lack of cultural knowledge of Wof teachers I have encountered I doubt that. Please, give links to those WOF Bible Colleges they attended and list the grads. If it is not accredited odds are very much against them being on a Seminary level. I have been exposed to and Lectured on Cults at many Bible Colleges and Seminaries in my life time. I do see a vast difference between those levels. The levels of questions asked by the students on basic Biblical understanding would be like the difference late Elementary Students in Public Schools And Seniors in Private Schools. At least this is my experience. Bible Schools in my experience is at best introductory knowledge.

Did you mean 40,000 or 400,000? I am assuming it was just a typo like I often do. Over how many years is your number represent?

Secular
"
During the 2020–21 academic year, how many degrees are colleges and universities expected to award?

• 983,000 associate's degrees (source)
  • 1,998,000 bachelor's degrees
  • 833,000 master's degrees
  • 187,000 doctor's degrees"
Fast Facts: Back to school statistics (372)

How Many Students Drop Out of College? — College Factual for Students

What’s the Difference: Seminary, Graduate School, Bible College - Seminary Comparison

What’s the Difference between Bible College and Seminary? | Carolina College of Biblical Studies

what’s the difference between bible college and seminary? - Norton Safe Search

what’s the difference between "Word of Faith" bible college and seminary?

what’s the difference between "Word of Faith" bible college and seminary? - Norton Safe Search

what’s the difference between "Word of Faith" bible college and seminary? - Google Search
https://ftscc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/2016-17-Catalog-rev-033017-1.pdf
looking at these requirements for a Bible College, would not even come close to what was required for one of Teaching Certificates in an area of expertise.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This would be simple, list the graduates, The College link to the catalogues.

The educational levels in Bible knowledge background I have seen from WOF Brethren is very low indeed.

I think WOF people are sincere in their belief in Christ and desire to live for him.

My original question about academic scholars among WOF really has not been answered.

Are there any WOF Bible Translators on any well known translation committees?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You want a list of 45,000 people?

I think the difficulty you are having is the attempt you are trying to make to match some type of Denominational Theological Seminary.

If you are sincerely interested in the level of teaching - check out

"Foundations of Pentecostal Theology" -
Foundations of Pentecostal Theology by Guy P. Duffield and Nathaniel M. Van Cleave is indeed a matchless approach to studying and understanding Biblical theology. These authors take a courageous stand on the fundamental doctrines on Pentecostalism and prayerfully present the truth of God and Salvation in a unique way. Each doctrine is carefully explained and the doctrines of Divine Healing, Baptism with the Holy Ghost (Spirit), and Spiritual Gifts in made clearer to the reader. It is truly an indispensable aid to enriching your spiritual knowledge and faith. This book is highly recommended.​

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Word of Faith is not a Denomination:

There is none of what you are asking for -

As for the level of education, that varies. Some have little, some hold Masters and above from different Universities. Some are very effective ministers, reaching millions - some reach their little church. Both are part of the Body of Christ.

• Winner
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics