• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Who are the GREEDY?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Avid, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Avid

Avid A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...

+659
    Baptist
    Married
    Who is greedy? Is it the doctor who asks $200/hour for his consultation, or the patient who expects the result of that person's million-dollar education (including years in internship, residency, etc.) to be available to him for little or nothing???

The greedy are those who want what others have, but are not willing to pay the cost of obtaining that from the other person!!!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. RC1970

RC1970 post tenebras lux

+1,533
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Greedy = Every sinner who thinks they are owed something.

3. morningstar2651

morningstar2651 Senior Veteran

+2,269
    Pagan
    Single
    US-Others
    Hear hear! How dare those filthy hippies refuse to pay for someone else's education? I say we put those lazy diseased cripples out of our misery!

Poor people with cancer are a cancer on our nation, and we will cure our nation by keeping chemotherapy out of their reach.

4. ChristJudgeOfAll

ChristJudgeOfAll Well-Known Member

+215
    Protestant
    Who wants the hippie to pay for someone's education? I want them to pay for the result of the service which that education produced. The doctor gets nothing if he just went to school and refused to work.

5. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+9,982
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Neither.

6. morningstar2651

+2,269
    Pagan
    Single
    US-Others
    In all seriousness, there is a difference between being unwilling to pay and unable to pay, and that's an important distinction to make - we're talking about people who want to pay for a service but are unable to do so - we're talking about potential customers. Doctors would actually make more money if they had more customers. It's basic economics (Price elasticity) - if the price of a service is too high then there are few customers and vice versa. A business optimizes its profits by adjusting prices (see the video below). There are a lot of people out there that need to see a doctor that can't afford to pay out of pocket or can't afford health insurance, and there are a lot of health insurance companies out there that deny payment for needed treatments in pursuit of profits. Insurance companies are the greedy one in this framing of the problem - they are able but unwilling to pay for their customers' treatment all for the sake of making larger profits. It's in a private insurance company's best interests for their customers to pay for insurance and NOT benefit from insurance - their ideal situation is one where they receive money for nothing.

Our current healthcare system is broken and we're lagging behind other countries. The single payer system in Canada outperforms the American system, both financially and in terms of outcomes, and has bipartisan support. There aren't any convincing arguments that our current system is preferable.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  7. morningstar2651

+2,269
    Pagan
    Single
    US-Others
    I think this number might be a bit exaggerated. If we want to get into a discussion of tuition rates and federal funding of education, and federal and private education loan industry it's an entirely different yet related set of topics.

The average undergraduate student with the median household income attending Johns Hopkins (one of the best medical schools in the country) covers 68% ($35,053) of their tuition in grants and scholarships, 13% ($6,817) of their tuition in loans from the federal government, and 19% ($9,608) of their tuition out of pocket (which includes loans from banks). About 80% of their expenses are handled by other people, with a good chunk of that financial aid coming from the federal government.

8. Chicken Little

Chicken Little Well-Known Member

+286
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I Like him .. he is awesome!

9. Chicken Little

Chicken Little Well-Known Member

+286
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution

this one is my fav youTube.
    Let's Vote him as the next president!
    and change it from America to ZOEnation.
    well
    Jesus is going to do that soon anyway..

10. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+9,281
    Agnostic
    Married

I know! How dare those people think that their lives are worth saving? If they want their lives saved they should of thought of that before being poor.

11. Avid

+659
    Baptist
    Married

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned, but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
    Dr. Thomas Sowell

12. ChristsSoldier115

ChristsSoldier115 Mabaho na Kuya

+1,563
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    They need to figure out how to lower medical school costs. maybe doctors wouldn't charge so much if they weren't paying off 10-15+ years of school debt.

13. katherine2001

katherine2001 Veteran

+965
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Nobody is forcing them to go through 10-15 years of school. They did that of their own free will.

14. ChristsSoldier115

ChristsSoldier115 Mabaho na Kuya

+1,563
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    Nobody is forcing somebody to go to a doctor that charges $200/hr either. I believe free health care clinics still exist, or am I wrong? If I am I stand corrected.

15. ThomasMoreorLess

ThomasMoreorLess Newbie

+12
    Christian
    It's human nature to be greedy unfortunately...We all are and we must fight it.

16. KitKatMatt

KitKatMatt stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal

+1,570
    Agnostic
    Single
    How dare people think that essential things like healthcare should be cheap/free. They should know that unless you are loaded with cash, you deserve to suffer and die without any help.

17. Avid

+659
    Baptist
    Married
    How dare this pictured "Day Laborer" expect to be paid when I give him opportunity to work on my beautiful and meaningful project?!?!?!? o_O:confused::rolleyes:

Does anyone see this attitude as more than just GREED, but actually a type of Forced SLAVERY?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  18. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,533
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Hahahaaaaa this guy is hilarious and brilliant...he be'z right, mon :D

19. ChristJudgeOfAll

ChristJudgeOfAll Well-Known Member

+215
    Protestant
    Who provides healthcare? If doctors made less money, we'd have a lot less doctors. It's a service, are you entitled to someone else's service? Cause that's what slavery is.

20. KitKatMatt

KitKatMatt stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal

+1,570
    Agnostic
    Single
    Cheap/free healthcare does not mean that doctors aren't paid. Not really sure where you'd get that idea.

Yes, everyone is entitled to healthcare, even though the country I live in doesn't exactly agree (not all of it anyways). Everyone is also entitled to food, water, public transportation, public information, access to education, and shelter.

Just existing means you are entitled to all of these things. All humans are entitled to all of these things and deserve them.