Who Are Gentiles, Really??

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,885.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some Christians assert or claim that they are gentiles. I have no idea how they come to that conclusion. The people of the nation of Israel mixed with other nations and they are spread across the world. I wonder how some people are able to trace their ancestry all the way back to the period of Genesis where all the nations first emerged. Because I think there is no way someone can say they are gentile unless they know for sure that none of their whole ancestors ever belonged to the line of Jacob (Israel).

Last edited:

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Who Are Gentiles, Really?

The heathens, although some of them are moving to become part of Israel.

YHWH's covenant is with Israel. Yahshua was commissioned only for the lost sheep of Israel.

The early church understood this. They would gather in the synagogues to hear the Torah every Shabbat.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Anyone not Jewish is a Gentile, which is a vast majority of all the world. Anyone who belongs to the Church belongs to the New Israel, there is no more Jew or Gentile, only the Church of Christ, anyone in it is a descendant of Abraham spiritually and part of the Covenant

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some Christians assert or claim that they are gentiles. I have no idea how they come to that conclusion.

Anyone who is not Jewish can claim to be a Gentile. Jews have never been a strict bloodline.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,885.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone not Jewish is a Gentile, which is a vast majority of all the world. Anyone who belongs to the Church belongs to the New Israel, there is no more Jew or Gentile, only the Church of Christ, anyone in it is a descendant of Abraham spiritually and part of the Covenant

The new Israel has both grafted-in branches (gentiles) and natural branches (remnant of Israel). But how do some people know they are not the remnant of Israel unless they know their whole ancestry.

Reactions: Adamina
Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The new Israel has both grafted-in branches (gentiles) and natural branches (remnant of Israel). But how do some people know they are not the remnant of Israel unless they know their whole ancestry.
It’s highly unlikely that you’d have pure Israelite DNA in you given the fact that even among modern day Jews very few actually possess pure Israelite heritage.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,885.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have no problem with considering myself a Gentile because I don't have a drop of Jewish blood in me.

That’s what I’m asking. How do they know that? One of your long ancestors could be from a tribe of Israel, if not Judah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That’s what I’m asking. How do know that? One of your long ancestors could be from a tribe of Israel, if not Judah.

I'm half Norwegian. Finding any link to the Jews would require going one heck of a long way back.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,885.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone who is not Jewish can claim to be a Gentile. Jews have never been a strict bloodline.

Not Jewish, may be another tribe of Israel. How can we know for sure since there’s no strict bloodline?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Some Christians assert or claim that they are gentiles. I have no idea how they come to that conclusion. The people of the nation of Israel mixed with other nations and they are spread across the world. I wonder how some people are able to trace their ancestry all the way back to the period of Genesis where all nations first started. Because I think there is no way someone can say they are gentile unless they know for sure that none of their whole ancestors ever belonged to the line of Jacob (Israel).
The Jews had a direct bloodline and were descended from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Gentiles in the time of Jesus were never allowed into the temple.

Gentiles could not become priests in Israel.

The Mosaic law was given to the Jews at Mt Sinai.

A Gentile living in Israel can be circumcised and obey the law.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The heathens, although some of them are moving to become part of Israel.

YHWH's covenant is with Israel. Yahshua was commissioned only for the lost sheep of Israel.

The early church understood this. They would gather in the synagogues to hear the Torah every Shabbat.
The Gentiles are joining Israel?

Which Israel; old covenant Israel or the secular, democratic Israel?

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,885.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s highly unlikely that you’d have pure Israelite DNA in you given the fact that even among modern day Jews very few actually possess pure Israelite heritage.

Even the ancestors of Jesus were not completely Jewish. We know about Ruth. But Jesus was/is a Jew.

That would mean anyone could be from a tribe a Israel and we could not possibly know.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,885.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Jews had a direct bloodline and were descended from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Gentiles in the time of Jesus were never allowed into the temple.

Gentiles could not become priests in Israel.

The Mosaic law was given to the Jews at Mt Sinai.

A Gentile living in Israel can be circumcised and obey the law.

You could have a direct bloodline to one of the tribes of Israel (from maybe one Israelite some 4000 years ago who journeyed and spread his legacy outside of Israel) and how would you know you are not?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not Jewish, may be another tribe of Israel. How can we know for sure since there’s no strict bloodline?
Jews are a culture, not a bloodline.
Anyone can join.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That’s what I’m asking. How do know that? One of your long ancestors could be from a tribe of Israel, if not Judah.
This is true. I think most people make noise about being a gentile when they wanna excuse themselves from obeying God’s law.

but even if we are not genetic descendants of Jacob, we are sons of Abraham through Christ.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,885.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jews are a culture, not a bloodline.
Anyone can join.

Yes, but there is also a bloodline. Book of Revelation tells God will seal 144000 from the 12 tribes of Israel. Paul talks about remnant of Israel will be saved in the later days. God saved me, maybe I’m one of those because I don’t know my whole ancestry. But how others are sure they are gentile?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but there is also a bloodline. Book of Revelation tells God will seal 144000 from the 12 tribes of Israel. Paul talks about remnant of Israel will be saved in the later days. God saved me, maybe I’m one of those because I don’t know my whole ancestry. But how others are sure they are gentile?
Anyone who is not a practicing Jew, is a Gentile.

Can a Person Convert to Judaism? - The Jerusalem Post

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,885.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone who is not a practicing Jew, is a Gentile.

Ok. So if my parents and grandparents and great grandparents were all Jew and practicing Jewish culture and then I’m not practicing it. Does it make me a gentile since I’m not practicing their culture?

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,885.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm half Norwegian. Finding any link to the Jews would require going one heck of a long way back.

Yes, exactly. So you consider yourself a gentile and you are free to do so, but I think we should not consider any such things about ourselves since we do not know our whole ancestry. I don’t think it is honorable in the sight of God when He considers us to be His Israel all together.

Upvote 0