Who applied the Church to Israel..chapter & verse please. Part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

53Isaiah

2 Timothy 4:1-8
Nov 1, 2005
Massachusetts
✟16,176.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
“..altho we CAN disagree agreeably, its not always the case when peoples belief systems are questioned and they feel threatened.”

Hence the problem, human emotion, and thus my response.

“If yer just gonna drive by and shoot... heres a bag of popcorn and a ticket to a movie”

I do not fine this thread at all entertaining; I take Paul’s charge to Timothy very seriously, I meditate on these words daily, and likewise am calling you to remembrance that it is not sound doctrine or love, but both.

I appreciate zeal,

Steve

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
53Isaiah said:
Hence the problem, human emotion, and thus my response.

I do not fine this thread at all entertaining; I take Paul’s charge to Timothy very seriously, I meditate on these words daily, and likewise am calling you to remembrance that it is not sound doctrine or love, but both.

I appreciate zeal,

Steve

I dont think doctrine is supposed to "entertain", do you? ;) Just what "charge" are you speaking of? I agree that its NOT a matter of choosing between sound doctrine or LOVE...but a careful integration of BOTH, which can and WILL most often be interpreted as "mean spirited", or "unloving" or some such thing by those who are still hampered by their emotions running the show.
None of us is here to entertain the masses, Im sure, but to "make all men SEE what IS the fellowship of the MYSTERY..."

I find great delight in the sharing of Gods present plan and purpose...and great sadness that so many simply do not SEE it.

"If our gospel be hid, it is HID to them that are lost."....sobering words.

Upvote 0

53Isaiah

Nov 1, 2005
Massachusetts
✟16,176.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
eph3Nine said:
I agree that its NOT a matter of choosing between sound doctrine or LOVE...but a careful integration of BOTH,

Thank you.

Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Steve

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
53Isaiah said:
Thank you.

Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Steve

This is what I SAID with regard to this issue in its entirety:
I agree that its NOT a matter of choosing between sound doctrine or LOVE...but a careful integration of BOTH, which can and WILL most often be interpreted as "mean spirited", or "unloving" or some such thing by those who are still hampered by their emotions running the show.

always quote in its entirety...dont pick out the part you LIKE and make it fit. Many study the bible this way too...wink.

Grace and Peace to you as well...hoping your holiday is joyous.:wave:

Upvote 0

53Isaiah

Nov 1, 2005
Massachusetts
✟16,176.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics